Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2018, 18:10   #481
BHPian

re: Royal Enfield unveils Interceptor & Continental 650 with new twin-cylinder engine. EDIT : Launched

Spotted the Interceptor 650 a few hours back at a cafe in Bandra. Was ridden by a geared up test rider (probably).
The bike really looks beautiful in actual and I mistook it for a Triumph from a distance.
Attached Thumbnails
The Royal Enfield Interceptor & Continental 650. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 2.50 - 2.65 lakhs-d0a978f140fc4c1d9f7a0a40b851198b.jpeg  

TheRajput is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 11th November 2018, 18:30   #482
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Royal Enfield unveils Interceptor & Continental 650 with new twin-cylinder engine. EDIT : Launched

I do not know much about bikes , but that looks like a triumph to my eyes, in fact even Tbird X looks a bit like a triumph to me.

Looks awesome, I think they should release a de-chromed variant.A change of tires to something a bit old style , round indicators and tuck the exhaust in a bit to complete the looks.
Old 12th November 2018, 14:53   #483
Distinguished - BHPian

So, are the test rides beginning on the day of launch? Anyone have any news on this?

The dark side is calling. Must. Resist.
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 15:13   #484

Spotted just now at maharastra karnataka border

The Royal Enfield Interceptor & Continental 650. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 2.50 - 2.65 lakhs-f81a261f64424979b4a60445381c2025.jpeg

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th November 2018 at 15:19.
scywaulcher is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 17:33   #485
Senior - BHPian

The interceptor looks quite alright, but what is with the dude in blue shirt? That is a terrible way to commit suicide! All that gymnastics on a public road?

I just hope it is not some marketing agency shooting the bike for the ad.

The Royal Enfield Interceptor & Continental 650. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 2.50 - 2.65 lakhs-suicide.jpg
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 17:38   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post

I just hope it is not some marketing agency shooting the bike for the ad.
Unfortunately, that is going to be the case here. It's most likely to be the advertisement shoot.

It's alarming to see such antics. How I wish they used some proper tools and equipments to take such shots. I don't even see any safety harness on the chap hanging out with the camera.
Old 12th November 2018, 18:00   #487
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
So, are the test rides beginning on the day of launch? Anyone have any news on this?

From what Ive been told, test rides should start sometime next week. Im eagerly waiting for them as well
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 18:10   #488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
I don't even see any safety harness on the chap hanging out with the camera.
Don't worry, he is wearing seatbelt (around his leg )
Old 12th November 2018, 18:17   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Im eagerly waiting for them as well
So am I. I was at the service center the other day and was talking to the folks to see if RE will have any special offers open for the existing GT customers
Old 12th November 2018, 19:04   #490
Senior - BHPian

That is not a ad shot in process. The Honda CRV is a media car when I checked the registration, so in most probability it is a review happening by some auto mag/portal.

14th November, 6:30pm is the price reveal of the twins. Livestream on FB.
tharian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 21:39   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post

Wow are you thinking...

Anyways test rides are highly likely to start on Thursday. If you are keen send a PM.

It does look very tempting and if the performance backed by acceptable quality it should be a runaway hit.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2018, 09:25   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Brahma motors, Pune will be revealing the twins on the 14th of this month, received an Invite.
Hi Rakesh,

Do you plan to attend this event? PM me, I'm interested!

Royal Enfield has announced the live streaming on 14th at 18:30 hours for the price reveal. May be after that showrooms will unveil the motorbikes.

Cheers
Old 13th November 2018, 11:49   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
From what Ive been told, test rides should start sometime next week. Im eagerly waiting for them as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Wow are you thinking...

Anyways test rides are highly likely to start on Thursday. If you are keen send a PM.
I attended the launch of Dominar in Amba Bajaj, Bengaluru. After unveiling the bike around 7.30PM, test rides were offered to all of us. RE owners were given preference From what I heard, test rides were given almost till 11.30 that night.
I know chances of RE offering test rides tomorrow are less. But if at all if they offer and I miss the event, that would be a disappointment to deal with. So I'm definitely attending

Also, although my brain says wait for 6 months before booking one, heart says book one and get it in the first batch. Oh boy, heart is leading the race by miles BTW.
LazyGunner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2018, 12:06   #494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyGunner View Post
I know chances of RE offering test rides tomorrow are less. But if at all if they offer and I miss the event, that would be a disappointment to deal with. So I'm definitely attending

Also, although my brain says wait for 6 months before booking one, heart says book one and get it in the first batch. Oh boy, heart is leading the race by miles BTW.
There will be no test rides tomorrow for sure except by a few overeager dealers. Thursday is most likely from what i have heard after speaking to the right guys.

Question to book should not be a tough decision but the question to take delivery is something that needs to be thought. Have no interests to buy one at this time but will be watching the space eagerly.
ku69rd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2018, 12:28   #495
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
So am I. I was at the service center the other day and was talking to the folks to see if RE will have any special offers open for the existing GT customers
Maybe we should take inspiration from the Pegasus owners and protest against RE for launching a better GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyGunner View Post
I attended the launch of Dominar in Amba Bajaj, Bengaluru. After unveiling the bike around 7.30PM, test rides were offered to all of us. RE owners were given preference From what I heard, test rides were given almost till 11.30 that night.
Bajaj's strategy at that time was to focus on night test rides so that the power headlights could be given due importance and potential customers realize its benefits. I doubt RE will follow a similar strategy of night test rides for the 650 twins.

Attaching this picture from their FB page during the launch period for reference.

The Royal Enfield Interceptor & Continental 650. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 2.50 - 2.65 lakhs-15492525_591342891071416_9105570795853047332_n.jpg
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks