Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2018, 15:40   #826
BHPian

I booked mine on 26 th Nov.I'm offered delivery in the first lot which is reaching the dealership today.
Regards
braveheart_77 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 15:45   #827
BHPian

Re: The Royal Enfield Interceptor & Continental 650. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 2.50 - 2.65 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart_77 View Post
reaching the dealership today.
Wow! That is quite exciting. Congratulations in advance. Getting an RE in two weeks of booking a bike is quite a feat in itself.

Ride Safe,
R-Six
R-Six is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 16:22   #828
BHPian

Re: The Royal Enfield Interceptor & Continental 650. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 2.50 - 2.65 lakhs

Folks, any showroom in Hyderabad offering test drives?
Old 4th December 2018, 16:35   #829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesh4munni View Post
I booked mine on the 15th too at Accelerate motors, RR Nagar, Bangalore. They are unsure - Dec end upto Jan end is the time line they mentioned as of yesterday.

Being well within the first twenty-five bookings, I find it strange that they are not sure of the exact dates.

This is worrying! I suspect they would give the early bikes to ""PREFERRED"" customers, I hope you guys all got official booking ID'? Is there anyway to track these bookings?
Old 4th December 2018, 16:51   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
This is worrying! I suspect they would give the early bikes to ""PREFERRED"" customers, I hope you guys all got official booking ID'? Is there anyway to track these bookings?
Booking was done on a tablet at the showroom which seems to be an app and is supposed to be "centralised" to enable FIFO deliveries to customers preventing preferential treatment to known customers.

However, I doubt the efficacy of the system. I did not receive a booking ID, just a payment receipt of the advance.
kesh4munni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 17:04   #831
BHPian

I booked mine on 14 Nov itself and was the third booking at Soniya Motors, GB road, Thane.

Desperate attempts to get a test ride proved to be futile, considering the fact that Soniya Motors had a test ride campaign on 02 Dec 2018. I wasn't invited.

Sources at different levels at team RE kept giving random information and excuses whenever I contacted them.

Initially the version was that the test rides are available at company stores only. No, it never was available till 02 Dec 2018.

No points in guessing that the numbers of the company stores for Mumbai region, provided on the RE website were not functional. Don't know if that had been corrected yet.

RE and the dealership did attempt to pacify me by giving various excuses on 03 Dec 2018.

For me, no doubt RE has launched very good products, but they seriously lack the attitude and commitment to present a wholesome package to the customers.

Regards.
Brumby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 17:10   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart_77 View Post
I booked mine on 26 th Nov.I'm offered delivery in the first lot which is reaching the dealership today.
Regards
Very Lucky Man.
I had booked on 17th November and the dealership is quoting mid feb delivery.
Old 4th December 2018, 18:52   #833
BHPian

Guys I reside in Amritsar , Punjab and I've booked the bike in Chandigarh because online bookings were accepted only at Chandigarh dealerships.

So I think they are working on bookings preference not on relationship preference otherwise they wouldn't have called me.OTH I was not planning to buy so early as I was waiting for the team bhp review and reviews by other users as well. So I'll take test drive soon and then decide.

Regards
Old 4th December 2018, 20:27   #834
BHPian

Sorry for the OT folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpmeister View Post
Hey Sudhir, that's nice to know that we have a true blue tourer amongst us. I have a few questions which might be OT for this thread, may I PM you?

Cheers.
Thank you for the kind words and no sweat, happy to chat! I am still a newbie here, so wouldn't be able to reply you - drop a note at sudhirperla@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Strange. I would have expected you to have bought the Dominar eyes closed after everything you've done so far with her.
Let's just call it 'The Russian Affair'
The Dominar was chosen just for the mission, considering other options and the roads we were riding, it was the best bet and it did the job. Nevertheless, the motorcycle still at the R&D, Pune.
It's a good one but my criteria for a touring machine is simple - has to be a twin and at least 50 horses.
Interceptor appealed to my another desire of owning a retro Brit motorcycle!

Quote:
Have any of you got any delivery dates? I booked mine on the 15th of November. I booked mine at Acclaim Motors, Initially, I was told by January now they are pushing my delivery to February.
The Interceptor in usual colors is supposed to be delivered by March and the likes of Chrome, by April - this was from the RE folks at CVS Motors, Kalyan Nagar.
katoom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 20:55   #835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesh4munni View Post
Booking was done on a tablet at the showroom which seems to be an app and is supposed to be "centralised" to enable FIFO deliveries to customers preventing preferential treatment to known customers.

However, I doubt the efficacy of the system. I did not receive a booking ID, just a payment receipt of the advance.
Yes, Same with my booking, however, I did get an email from purebiking@royalenfiend.com with my booking Id, bike model, variant and color. I got this email the same day I paid the advance.

A small warning to folks buying the GT or Interceptor on EMI from the showrooms. They have 2 blokes there who are willing to offer you a mouthwatering 6.5% interest rate, however, when we do the math the interest comes to about 11.5% - 12%

The following is the break up given by the Dealers loan guy - >

Downpayment - 1,09500
EMI - 6540 x 36 - 2,35440
Captain Slow is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 21:46   #836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

A small warning to folks buying the GT or Interceptor on EMI from the showrooms. They have 2 blokes there who are willing to offer you a mouthwatering 6.5% interest rate, however, when we do the math the interest comes to about 11.5% - 12%

Downpayment - 1,09500
Thanks for the heads up on the loan scheme.
When I was at the same showroom for the test ride, I was asked to get the various schemes although I made it clear that I wasn't booking anytime now.

When he told me the interest rate of 6.5%, I was quite surprised as well and kept asking him will it remain the same when I book few months down the line and he was positive.

Wonder why they resort to such tactics when they are getting bookings anyway.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 22:20   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, Same with my booking, however, I did get an email from purebiking@royalenfiend.com with my booking Id, bike model, variant and color. I got this email the same day I paid the advance.

Downpayment - 1,09500
Basically the guys are quoting the flat rate of interest instead of diminishing, you can use the calculator to check/convert - https://emi-calc.com/flat-rate-vs-re...alculation.php
diwa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 23:14   #838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
Basically the guys are quoting the flat rate of interest instead of diminishing, you can use the calculator to check/convert - https://emi-calc.com/flat-rate-vs-re...alculation.php
what about the 109500 down payment? Here again, we are paying 9500 extra? Which includes some 2-3% processing fees which I assume is on the total value of the bike? I do not know but to me, this scheme isn't right. Banks are offering around 14% Interest rates and based on my initial calculations the total amount (After 3 years) is coming to about the same as what these guys offered in their so-called 6.5%

Edit - They also mentioned a 5% Penalty (on the Principal amount) for early closure of the loan.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 4th December 2018 at 23:26.
Old 5th December 2018, 07:09   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Or was it puremotorcycling@royalenfield.com
sreejith.pish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 10:06   #840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Downpayment - 1,09500
Why not a personal loan for two lakh ? What are the current interest rates?

Also saves the hassle of cancelling the RTO hypothecation.

Axis and SBI take in part payment and pre closure without penalty if my sources are correct.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed