Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2018, 08:47   #16
BHPian

Re: 2018 Triumph Tiger 800 and Tiger 1200 unveiled

Friends, any information if the *low* versions will also be launched or is India Triumph already selling low versions already? I checked with the dealer here in Delhi but they don't have those (XCx/XRx low).

My excitement to own a Tiger peaks till the time I reach the dealer and then dwindles the moment I'm astride. Yes the height can be reduced by 20 mm but from 860 down to 840 mm, I'm still barely able to touch the ground. The *low* versions have a range of 790-810 mm and that's the range I'm really happy with. Any information? Cheers!
Old 10th January 2018, 11:02   #17
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Motoroids has shared an article saying that 2018 Tiger 800 bookings have unofficially started.

Link to the Article : Motoroids

Quote:
Adventure motorcycling aficionados, here’s some great piece of news. Triumph Motorcycles’ dealerships have commenced the unofficial bookings for the upcoming 2018 Tiger 800 motorcycle range in India for a token amount of INR 1 lakh. The deliveries of the new 2018 Triumph Tiger 800 range are scheduled to commence by the end of April 2018.
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Triumph Tiger 800 and Tiger 1200 unveiled-2018triumphtiger8001600x398.jpg  

//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 13:47   #18
Team-BHP Support

Come Auto Expo in Feb, I expect / hope some announcements on the mid range BMW ADVs as well - the GS 750/850 twins. People may want to consider that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangdu View Post
Friends, any information if the *low* versions will also be launched or is India Triumph already selling low versions already? I checked with the dealer here in Delhi but they don't have those (XCx/XRx low).

My excitement to own a Tiger peaks till the time I reach the dealer and then dwindles the moment I'm astride. Yes the height can be reduced by 20 mm but from 860 down to 840 mm, I'm still barely able to touch the ground. The *low* versions have a range of 790-810 mm and that's the range I'm really happy with. Any information? Cheers!
Which Tiger are you referring to? The XC / XR? While the XC is indeed taller, the default XR/XRX when its seat is kept on the lower setting stacks up at about 810 mm if I'm not mistaken. There is also just a low seat accessory that can bring this to 790-810 range - without having to buy the factory option of XRX Low version. Speak to Triumph I'm sure they will guide you on this. I'm 5'3" and was pretty comfy on the XRX with seat set to lower notch setting. I don't look to flat foot both feet though.

Last edited by Axe77 : 10th January 2018 at 13:51.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 16:20   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Come Auto Expo in Feb, I expect / hope some announcements on the mid range BMW ADVs as well - the GS 750/850 twins. People may want to consider that as well.

Which Tiger are you referring to? The XC / XR? While the XC is indeed taller, the default XR/XRX when its seat is kept on the lower setting stacks up at about 810 mm if I'm not mistaken. There is also just a low seat accessory that can bring this to 790-810 range - without having to buy the factory option of XRX Low version. Speak to Triumph I'm sure they will guide you on this. I'm 5'3" and was pretty comfy on the XRX with seat set to lower notch setting. I don't look to flat foot both feet though.
Thanks. Your last few statements set me off to the dealer and here's what I found about seat height (all numbers in mm)

XR- 810-830 stock; low accessory seat 790-810
Xrx- 810-830 stock,
XCx- 840-860 stock, low accessory seat 790-810
XCa- 840-860 stock

I'm at 5'6" and I don't expect to flat foot either but XCx seems like a good option now given I won't have to worry about alloys if I choose to off road while out there or if I hit the many pot holes on our roads but then XCa might call for outex treatment before venturing out. And then.., I'll grudgingly need to forgo the 'Street',(confused!!) let's see. Thanks again!.
Old 10th January 2018, 22:59   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Official video released by Triumph.
When they show such nice ads which have guys with grey hair riding these beauties, we suddenly feel young, don't we ??

Last edited by ampere : 10th January 2018 at 23:50. Reason: Removed video link from quoted post + only 2 smilies per post allowed
Old 11th January 2018, 09:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunactivity View Post
This offer was just updated on the Triumph India Facebook page.

Need to find out how this is different from the earlier offer which was only for the accessories.
They can give cash discount but its not worth coz they have a deal for accessories. A friend got good deal for his Bonnie and he picked up a T800.
Old 11th January 2018, 10:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

Some details and initial ride report of Tiger 1200 from Times Auto article here.

Quoting a bit from the article :

Quote:
WHAT'S NEW?

Triumph says that it has spent four years in developing this new Tiger 1200 and there are more than 100 improvements. Triumph engineers had three main focus areas - weight reduction, better low speed manoeuvrability and a more tractable motor. Talking about weight savings, the new Tiger 1200 has shed 10kg compared to its predecessor. Most of this reduction is courtesy a titanium Arrow exhaust that's 2.1kg lighter, a lighter flywheel that saves a massive 2.5kg and new battery which drops a further 2.6kg. There hasn't been any drastic change to the design, but the fairing is slightly altered along with metallised tank badge and side panels. We were riding the top-spec off-road friendly Triumph Tiger 1200XCa and the road-biased XRt, which were equipped with LED headlights as well as LED DRLs that run across the lamp for a unique look.

The adaptive cornering lights have been improved and are now dependent on the bike's lean angle, which is monitored by the IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit). It also gets the brilliant full-colour TFT digital console already seen on the Triumph Street Triple RS and revised backlit switchgear and a 5-way joystick. There is also a new 6th ride mode called "offroad pro". Last but not least, are the additions of a bi-directional quickshifter, hill hold function and keyless ignition.
2018 Triumph Tiger 800 and Tiger 1200 unveiled-tiger-5.jpg

2018 Triumph Tiger 800 and Tiger 1200 unveiled-tiger-4.jpg

2018 Triumph Tiger 800 and Tiger 1200 unveiled-tiger-3.jpg

2018 Triumph Tiger 800 and Tiger 1200 unveiled-tiger-2.jpg

2018 Triumph Tiger 800 and Tiger 1200 unveiled-tiger-1.jpg

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 11th January 2018 at 10:02.
Old 14th February 2018, 22:56   #23
Team-BHP Support

Finally some reviews of the 2018 Tiger 800 range has started trickling in -

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 14:20   #24
Senior - BHPian

Good things from the review. Been waiting to see the newer 2018 models be launched, to understand the pricing.

Until that happens, we should revel in the fact that the Govt had reduced import duty on 800c and + bikes by 25% - from 75% to 50%. That should bring the price down quote nicely ; will be a couple of lakhs on the top variants.
Old 15th February 2018, 14:27   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Until that happens, we should revel in the fact that the Govt had reduced import duty on 800c and + bikes by 25% - from 75% to 50%. That should bring the price down quote nicely ; will be a couple of lakhs on the top variants.
Only when fresh stocks are imported right? Don't think they will import the current 800s anymore.

There is an offer of 1.5L free accessesories running now. Which should cease with the newer models, and also see a slight price increase.

Net net - Costums reduction might not make a big difference for those waiting it out for the new 800. However, those considering the top end models should surely wait for the new features added.
Old 15th February 2018, 14:43   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Only when fresh stocks are imported right? Don't think they will import the current 800s anymore.

There is an offer of 1.5L free accessesories running now. Which should cease with the newer models, and also see a slight price increase.

Net net - Costums reduction might not make a big difference for those waiting it out for the new 800. However, those considering the top end models should surely wait for the new features added.
I don't think I'm understanding what you were trying to say. Current models or new 2018 model, the import duty reduction applies irrespective of anyone waiting for the bike. Of course, Triumph India will not be sent old models when newer ones arrive.

Current bikes have offer as an incentive for the buyer (to entice). New models perhaps won't get the accessories offer until Triumph sees sales trend go down for it. If the current bikes are on offer even after the duty reduced prices are announced, maybe Keerthi Triumph will stop the offer claiming already reduced prices for Customer. Give that strategy an attempt.

25% reduction in cost of the bike, whether base variant or top end, is likely to be between 1.8 to 2.4 lakhs. It's significant. Also it can offset the price increase Triumph is planning. Which also, it now has to strongly reconsider as BMW F 850GS is at 13.7 lakhs. Many would consider it while looking at XCx or XCa.
Old 15th February 2018, 14:54   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I don't think I'm understanding what you were trying to say. .
My bad.

What I meant is - Import duty reduction might reflect only on fresh stock being imported. Hence the companies might not extend it to vehicles sitting in the showroom currently.

Is that understanding of mine correct? Or are we expecting the showroom stock prices also to be reduced? I'm guessing the import duty is already paid when the bikes are invoiced from the factory.

Quote:
25% reduction in cost of the bike, whether base variant or top end, is likely to be between 1.8 to 2.4 lakhs. It's significant. Also it can offset the price increase Triumph is planning. Which also, it now has to strongly reconsider as BMW F 850GS is at 13.7 lakhs. Many would consider it while looking at XCx or XCa.
Right. Expected to go down 25% for the new models due to import duty reduction like you mentioned. Expecting a 5% price hike for the new models as well, as seen in the above international review.

Current model is having 1.5L accessories on offer. Could be able to negotiate more. Hence more or less matching the above figure. That's what I was thinking.

But again, like you said - If they are left with old stock and prices do drop as well - a couple of guys might end up with a steal of a deal.
Old 15th February 2018, 15:05   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My bad.

What I meant is - Import duty reduction might reflect only on fresh stock being imported. Hence the companies might not extend it to vehicles sitting in the showroom currently.

Is that understanding of mine correct? Or are we expecting the showroom stock prices also to be reduced? I'm guessing the import duty is already paid when the bikes are invoiced from the factory.

Right. Expected to go down 25% for the new models due to import duty reduction like you mentioned. Expecting a 5% price hike for the new models as well, as seen in the above international review.

Current model is having 1.5L accessories on offer. Could be able to negotiate more. Hence more or less matching the above figure. That's what I was thinking.

But again, like you said - If they are left with old stock and prices do drop as well - a couple of guys might end up with a steal of a deal.
You're absolutely right about no duty reduction for current models 'in-stock' with Triumph India. It will only apply to new stock which they will henceforth import (Keerthi also mentioned current models now becoming older gen will not be sent anymore).

Yeah, 1.5L accessories is a tempting offer. Surely a bit more can be bargained for when few old stock copies still remain but I doubt they'll scale up to 2L or more (they already start at 1.25L for new prospects as they want to not cross their ceiling of 1.5L, I feel).
But ignoring the 25% duty on the new bikes is hard and also not prudent as due to vehicle cost reduction (~2+ lakhs), all allied pricing of other taxes, road tax, insurance and everything reduces by equal margin. The gain will be numerically more than the 1.5L of accessories offer. Emotionally, accessories may appeal better.
Old 15th February 2018, 15:08   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But ignoring the 25% duty on the new bikes is hard and also not prudent as due to vehicle cost reduction (~2+ lakhs), all allied pricing of other taxes, road tax, insurance and everything reduces by equal margin.
Valid point which I completely missed.

Looks like it's better to either wait it out or bargain harder.
Old 15th February 2018, 15:16   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like it's better to either wait it out or bargain harder.
Will be interesting to see the final reduced prices of the new Triumph XC models and BMW F 850GS. Both bikes are nearly identical in offering (except mainly engine and suspension), both are great adventure bikes. Of course, Tiger 800 servicing costs is expectedly cheaper than BMW 850GS.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks