Team-BHP - 2018 Triumph Tiger 800 and Tiger 1200 unveiled
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   2018 Triumph Tiger 800 and Tiger 1200 unveiled (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/192293-2018-triumph-tiger-800-tiger-1200-unveiled.html)

Triumph has updated its Tiger 800 and Tiger 1200 adventure bikes for 2018. The bikes were put on display at the 2017 EICMA motorcycle show in Milan, Italy.

2018 Triumph Tiger 800 and Tiger 1200 unveiled-2018-triumph-tiger-800.jpg

Both bikes get revised aero diffusers, backlit switchgear, new 5.0-inch TFT instrument cluster, adjustable windshield and full-LED lighting with integrated DRLs. The Tiger 800's handlebar has been moved further back by 10 mm, while the seat can also be raised or lowered by 20 mm on both the bikes. The bikes come equipped with new Showa adjustable suspension (on top-end variants), cruise control and six riding modes including a new ‘Off-road Pro’ mode.

2018 Triumph Tiger 800 and Tiger 1200 unveiled-2018-triumph-tiger-1200.jpg

The Tiger 1200 retains its tubular steel frame but gets a new swingarm and revised handlebar geometry. The bike is claimed to be up to 11 kg lighter than the earlier model. The Tiger 1200 gets additional features like adaptive cornering lights, keyless ignition, integrated braking system, a lighter Arrow exhaust, torque-assist clutch, hill hold, semi-active suspension, ABS, traction control among others.

Both bikes receive minor engine tweaks. The Tiger 800’s 800cc, liquid-cooled, in-line 3-cylinder engine produces 94 BHP @ 9,500 rpm and 79 Nm of torque @ 8,050 rpm and is mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The Tiger 1200 is powered by a 1,215cc, liquid-cooled, in-line 3-cylinder engine which puts out 139 BHP @ 9,350 rpm and 122 Nm @ 7,600 rpm. It is paired with a 6-speed transmission as well and features ride-by-wire.

Link to Team-BHP News

The Tigers certainly seem to have moved the game on. I hope the TFT screen comes through on as many variants as possible (the XRX at least which is the one I like the most personally). Saw it on the Triple RS and it looks gorgeous.

Come 2018 I think the ADV segment is going to REALLY heat up. All new Tiger range, new middle weight BMW GSs and lower down the order perhaps the VStrom to take the Versys head on.

https://youtu.be/dqgTixFR5dQ

Official video released by Triumph.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 4302978)
Official video released by Triumph.

Oh man .... When I saw this video I could only feel one emotion!! "Bas kar pagle - ab rulayega kya" lol: I have not lusted after any automobile in the longest time as much as I have recently for the Tigers and GSs.

On a more serious note, Schumi from Overdrive had a nice snippet of an interview with the Triumph folks at EICMA principally around the new Tigers.
I can't find it anywhere now but maybe its on his twitter handle or FB page.

In the entire hoopla around the Tigers many people missed that Triumph also revealed its Street Triple-powered Moto2 race bike prototype - quite a stunning machine in itself.

Any news around potential launch dates in India?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axe77 (Post 4303157)
In the entire hoopla around the Tigers many people missed that Triumph also revealed its Street Triple-powered Moto2 race bike prototype - quite a stunning machine in itself.

Could this hint at a future Daytona? Although Triumph has almost put an end to the Daytona range.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nambiarshreyas (Post 4318473)

Dealers still don't seem to be in a hurry to get rid of their stocks. Only the same old 66k worth accessories/ riding gear offer going on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nambiarshreyas (Post 4318473)

I think sometime Q1 2018.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 4318568)

Dealers still don't seem to be in a hurry to get rid of their stocks. Only the same old 66k worth accessories/ riding gear offer going on.

Thanks, actually one of my friends was at Keerthi Triumph in Bangalore yesterday and they were offering him around 1.5 lakhs worth of accessories / gear on the Tiger. This could just be the year end offerings but then again was wondering if it meant the new Tigers would be here soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 4318568)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nambiarshreyas (Post 4318606)
Thanks, actually one of my friends was at Keerthi Triumph in Bangalore yesterday and they were offering him around 1.5 lakhs worth of accessories / gear on the Tiger. This could just be the year end offerings but then again was wondering if it meant the new Tigers would be here soon.

You're right Shreyas. I also believe the offers are closer to the 1.5 lakh range now. My sense is the new Tigers should be out anytime between Jan - Mar 2018 window.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nambiarshreyas (Post 4318606)

I believe the offer was save 1.5L , when buying 3.0L worth of accessories.

This includes the Arrow exhaust, which according to them is officially not street legal as per the BS4 norms.

I'd got a call from the Triumph Pune showroom (B.U.Bhandari) for the Tiger Trail event and when i asked him about the new Tigers being launched in India - he said not until 2019. When i questioned why since Triumph usually is pretty quick to update the model line up and Tiger 800 is an important bike, he didnt have a convincing answer. But he said quite clearly that the Tiger models with TFT screens arent coming to India any time soon.

This offer was just updated on the Triumph India Facebook page.

Need to find out how this is different from the earlier offer which was only for the accessories.

I have a gut feel that they’ll be here first quarter of 2018. Never mind what dealers say. I don’t see why the TFT model shouldn’t make it here..

BU Bhandari Triumph Pune guys say that the Tiger 1200 is expected in 2018, but the Tiger 800 will be here only by 2019. Also most likely the 800cc Tiger's would be CBU units, no visibility of CKD Tiger's yet.

However, most rumours amongst the motorcycling fraternity in Pune suggest that the new Tiger's would be here soon and 800cc bikes would most likely be CKD units.

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M (Post 4331940)
BU Bhandari Triumph Pune guys say that the Tiger 1200 is expected in 2018, but the Tiger 800 will be here only by 2019.

Looks like the 2018 Tiger 800s will be a bit delayed internationally as well. Media drives conducted till now seem to be exclusively for the 1200.

And even Indian media houses like Powerdrift got the invite for the 1200 ride. Should be coming to India soon. Makes sense too as the current model is almost dead against the 1200 GS.

Powerdrift first ride impressions of the 1200 -

https://youtu.be/G2DmmbGrPYk