Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2017, 17:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: Ducati Multistrada 950

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
Thanks Sriku, I have the crash guards and radiator and oil cooler guards in place. I need to rid my reluctance to invest in a good pair of riding pants. I have the rest. Cheers!
DAMNNNNN! All the sermons you got from me seems to have gone on deaf ears?

Still contemplating? Grrr!!

Once you try the textile/mesh pants - - you will never regret.
On shorter rides, you could use perforated leather ones in winters.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 12:16   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
DAMNNNNN! All the sermons you got from me seems to have gone on deaf ears?

Still contemplating? Grrr!!

Once you try the textile/mesh pants - - you will never regret.
On shorter rides, you could use perforated leather ones in winters.
HAHAHA, okay Presi, I heard you again. I have these now, for the time being:
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Ducati Multistrada 950-635847226817068809.jpg  

Old 27th December 2017, 13:28   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
HAHAHA, okay Presi, I heard you again. I have these now, for the time being:
Not good! You give Multi & Ducati a Bad name!

God forbid if you are involved in a crash, these won't protect you as much as a proper riding pant would.

Disregard the mental block of riding pants "not comfortable" blah & blah! Trust me - you will love it! and feels so much safer when wearing them.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 08:37   #34
BHPian

Hi Wanderlust ,

A very nice review . I own a Multistrada 950 since August 2017 but have been too lazy to write a half-decent review on it. But I echo all your sentiments on the bike and here are couple of photos of my bike.

Review: Ducati Multistrada 950-img_20171210_071607.jpg

In the company of elder siblings.

Review: Ducati Multistrada 950-img_20171210_071441.jpg

Thanks
Vikrant
vikrantj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 13:39   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post

...here are a couple of photos of my bike.
Beautiful pictures there Vikrant, congratulations to you too! I wish I could take some pictures, haven't been able to go out for a couple of weeks. I must plan something for this week.

A funny thing happened last week when I was going down the busy Bannerghatta road in Bangalore. A cabbie was continuously honking behind me. There was little space that I could give nor could I go any faster. I looked back as I was riding and tried to stare at him through my helmet and through his windshield, not sure how much he could see. After a signal, I got a little way and let him pass. Till then, he was irritatingly honking behind me. As he was passing by my left, I was getting ready to throw some cusses in Kannada, but he spoke first in good English "You have a beautiful bike, I wanted to see it close-up, so I was honking"...

Last edited by wanderlust : 3rd January 2018 at 13:43. Reason: Added anecdote
wanderlust is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 18:54   #36
Senior - BHPian

Beautifully penned review of a beautiful motorcycle - congrats!

For the riding pants, do look at some of the riding jeans as well. But I would recommend the non Kevlar types. Kevlar gets quite hot in summers and can be uncomfortable. Not sure if Bangalore's weather makes it a non issue

Look for denim that has a heavy oz. material used (usually upwards of 12 oz.) and has nylon weaved into the denim fabric. My pick would be the Spidi furious jeans. Stretch panels, adjustable CE armour in knees and hips and has been crash tested by a fellow T-Bhpian and the pants came out with flying colours

Whatever you buy, make sure it fits well. If the armour moves around, it wont be any good in the event of a crash. For this reason, I wear my Klim Mojave pants with Dainese knee guards underneath; but only when on tour. For my daily commute, I wear a RE riding jean. Not exactly the safest option I know but better than regular jeans. The safest gear is what you wear every time you ride. The best gear wont protect you if its hanging in your closet

Saving up for the Spidi jeans. Hopefully will get these by summer this year

Congrats again and ride safe
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 10:31   #37
BHPian

Completed 5K yesterday. It has been 6 months, rather slow going.

The bike is improving, rather, it is growing well on me. I am using it as my daily commute these days, alternating between the Duke and Duc every week. Heat is less of an issue, I am learning to manage it. Mileage has also "improved" and hovers between 18 and 21

Had a small fall from standstill a few weeks back where I managed to break the end of the clutch lever! One of the important things that I have to learn and practice well is taking a U-turn from left side of the road to the right side. Funnily, I can manage the other way round (right side of the road to left) pretty well!

Long rides are becoming rare these days, with packed work and family schedules.
Old 20th February 2018, 16:54   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry to hear about the fall. Dont you have hand guards? Install them asap.
Old 20th February 2018, 17:05   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Had a small fall from standstill a few weeks back where I managed to break the end of the clutch lever! One of the important things that I have to learn and practice well is taking a U-turn from left side of the road to the right side. Funnily, I can manage the other way round (right side of the road to left) pretty well!
Welcome to the club. I have fallen twice till date with the exact same maneuver (turn the bike from left side to right side during a U-turn with almost standstill speed) and like you correctly mentioned it's a piece of cake to do it vice-versa

Now I am extra cautious to turn the bike in that direction and if the opportunity arises I go further and take a U-turn from right side to left side. Twice bitten and twice shy

I think it's to do with massive size of the bike and angle at which it turn which makes it uncontrollable during this maneuver

Be safe and keep riding
Old 21st February 2018, 10:12   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Sorry to hear about the fall. Dont you have hand guards? Install them asap.
Yes, I have had 2 falls to date. Hand guards are there, part of "standard equipment".
Review: Ducati Multistrada 950-capture.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Welcome to the club. I have fallen twice till date with the exact same maneuver (turn the bike from left side to right side during a U-turn with almost standstill speed) and like you correctly mentioned it's a piece of cake to do it vice-versa

Now I am extra cautious to turn the bike in that direction and if the opportunity arises I go further and take a U-turn from right side to left side. Twice bitten and twice shy

I think it's to do with massive size of the bike and angle at which it turn which makes it uncontrollable during this maneuver

Be safe and keep riding
Thanks, its kinda reassuring that experienced riders also face similar "fears" .

I am practicing eights within our layout to perfect U-turning.

Last edited by wanderlust : 21st February 2018 at 10:13.
Old 21st February 2018, 10:28   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

How the heck did you break the clutch lever then? Those are supposed to protect isnt it? Dont they have a metal spine under the plastic?
Old 21st February 2018, 10:33   #42
BHPian

I'm afraid we might continue to fall or be really scared taking U turns towards right. I've been bewildered with this unidirectional phobia and after reading and discussing around, it turns out I've a vast company world wide which is relief. That's due to me being right handed and to some extent being right footed. So naturally I am more comfortable extending my right arm and keeping it on 'top'. (more details on Internet)

The other day I was riding my bicycle and I got a bit nervous seeing an upcoming sharp U turn on the right. On a bicycle!, even after all these years.

I doubt if I'll be able to rewire my brain to be as adept as doing left hand turns but will keep trying. Cheers!
Old 21st February 2018, 11:41   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
How the heck did you break the clutch lever then? Those are supposed to protect isnt it? Dont they have a metal spine under the plastic?
Ah, thats what is missing from them. No metal spine. I will get one fabricated and insert it in the back of the knuckle protectors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangdu View Post
So naturally I am more comfortable extending my right arm and keeping it on 'top'. (more details on Internet)
Yes, I understand now, why is it so much easier to take left U-turns than right ones... Will keep practicing!
Old 21st February 2018, 13:28   #44
BHPian

[quote=wanderlust;4360528 I will get one fabricated and insert it in the back of the knuckle protectors.

[/QUOTE]

OR you could buy one of the Barkbuster handguards, they are Model specific and built well (http://barkbusters.net/products/bike...mount-blg-017/)
Old 21st February 2018, 13:51   #45
Team-BHP Support

Atleast you guys are falling during U-turns. Both my falls were at 0kmph when I couldn't manage to get a good grip on the ground.

Would surely recommend Barkbuster hand guards. The additional protection comes in handy. Here's how the metal spine looks (without the cover) on my bike -

Review: Ducati Multistrada 950-img20161216121757_800.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks