Team-BHP - Ducati launches 2 years / unlimited km extended warranty
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Ducati launches 2 years / unlimited km extended warranty (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/196075-ducati-launches-2-years-unlimited-km-extended-warranty.html)

Ducati India has partnered with Corporate Warranties India Pvt. Ltd. to introduce Ever Red extended warranty programme which offers a 2 years / unlimited km warranty extension on its entire range of bikes with prices starting at Rs. 22,000 for the Ducati Scrambler.

Ducati launches 2 years / unlimited km extended warranty-multistrada-1200s.jpg

Ducati currently offers a 2 years / unlimited km standard warranty, from the date of registration on all its bikes. The warranty is International and can be transferred to the new owner on sale.

Owners can activate the extended warranty programme at the time of purchasing a new bike. Existing owners, whose bikes are currently under the standard warranty period, can also opt for this programme. Besides this, owners of bikes that were purchased after March 2015 and are out of warranty can avail of this offer by subscribing before June 30, 2018.

The extended warranty coverage is transferable and remains active until the validity period.

Link to Team-BHP News

Quote:

Originally Posted by TusharK (Post 4360771)
Ducati currently offers a 2 years / unlimited km standard warranty, from the date of registration on all its bikes.

So with this package, it's a total of 4 years / unlimited km. I was wondering how a high-end vehicle can have coverage for unlimited km, but then realised that a majority of premium bikes are driven less / occasionally.

Quote:

Besides this, owners of bikes that were purchased after March 2015 and are out of warranty can avail of this offer by subscribing before June 30, 2018.
:thumbs up. The only other manufacturer I know of that offers extended coverage to out-of-warranty vehicles is Honda.

Super initiative. 2 years is the general market standard for bikes and its good that extended warranties are coming in.

A lot of high end bikes change hands within as early as 2 years. This is also a great peace of mind option for 2nd hand purchasers to get extended warranties on their pre-owned rides.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4361035)
I was wondering how a high-end vehicle can have coverage for unlimited km, but then realised that a majority of premium bikes are driven less / occasionally.

My Street Triple has done 9500km since I purchased it in May 2014. That's an average of ~2k a year.

Usual expenses are Oil, Cables, Pads or other small titbits every year.
Tires and Battery every second year.
The most expensive part under normal running is basically tires and accessories.

Ducati seems to be taking steps recently to ensure the negative reputation they have gathered (of being expensive and not too reliable) is addressed. Good, as it shows increasing interest among manufacturers to compete in our market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4361035)
I was wondering how a high-end vehicle can have coverage for unlimited km, but then realised that a majority of premium bikes are driven less / occasionally.

Depends on the type of motorcycle as well.

Most supersports, superbikes and supernakeds see very less average usage. These are bought for various reasons, but finally end up with very less usage as they lack when it comes to practicality!

Sports tourers like the Ducati SuperSport might see 5 - 15k usage per year on an average. Whereas the tourers / adventure tourers like the Ducati Multistrada range are especially suited for Indian conditions due to the comfort / rough road ability. And they might see upwards of 10k to 20k kms every year.

A similar trend can be observed in the forum as well across brands IMO.