Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2006, 00:26   #1
BHPian

Pics of the new 1000rr in our group

One of the members of our SBK group got delivery of his spanking new 1000rr last week and got it for the ride.
This time we went a little further upto Charoti about 25kms beyond Manor.
Started early morning when it was still dark.
There was a slight chill (more pronounced at high speeds) which felt nice.
The reflected rays of the mild rising sun on the glistening bikes looked brillant.
How I wish I could capture all the moments of the ride on film !!

The Thane Ghodbunder road was being repaired and was in bad shape because of which we decided to return via Bhiwandi.
Initial part of the road to Bhiwandi was really smooth but single lane and without a divider because of which we were cruising at moderate speeds of about 80.

As it was around 10, there were some local bikes on the road with over excited guys who kept trying to follow us and kept entering our formation.
Because our speeds were not much, they were just able to keep up.
One such couple on a pulsar was paricularly irritating and kept gesturing to us constantly and taunting at times.
We would speed up but they'd desperately make attempts to catch up and would succeed due to the traffic.
At one stretch, when they were right in the middle of our formation, they tried to overtake by going onto the opposite lane and smashed head-on into an on coming bike at a speed of almost 100 kmph !!
The other guy never knew what hit him.
These 2 fell and the pulsar ricocheted from the opposite side onto our bikes and went off the shoulder after spinning on the road for almost 200 mts.
I was towards the end of the formation and was aghast when I saw this happening.
I was sure the spinning pulsar would take at least 3-4 of our SBKs down with it (the ones going ahead).
It's a miracle nothing like that happened.
The SBKs behind managed to break just in time, thanks to our discs or else those 2 guys sprawled on the narrow road would have to be carried off on stretchers.
They immediately got up in a daze and had to face a well deserved blasting from the guy they had taken down.
Surprisingly none of them seemed to be greviously injured inspite of not wearing helmets.
A crowd started gathering and we sped away.
There was a bad patch just before the nasik intersection but otherwise the road was pretty good.

The new 1000rr

The bikes lined up at one of the stops

My bike once again
Notice the new Zero Gravity double bubble dark smoke visor and frame sliders

BTW, I also got a new helmet from the US.
Model: Icon Mainframe - Maniac
This is how it looks. Will post the actual picture later.
Looks even better because it has the dark tinted visor.
I've also ordered an additional clear visor.

More pics of my bike and the previous ride in this thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...de-season.html
Old 15th December 2006, 01:26   #2
BHPian

whoa! thats a nice machine and helmet you got there... thats on hell of a machine to rip.

one thing is this the titanium exhaust caz im not able to enlarge the pic..

One small suggestion bro :

Whenever you find these kinda guys coming near you or trying to irritate you. you may as well stop. Some guys really just like to see it, just have a glance and i think that should keep you off their backs.

When it get really irrirating you may as week stopand ask whats their problem. becaz of their stupidity an accident may happen. so before that can happen just stop.

just a suggestion dude.

Peace
Old 15th December 2006, 06:22   #3
BHPian

Hey neat bike pack you guys have ! Noticed the double bubble! Darn things expensive too 90$ out here! which holds me back from getting it! But it definitely helps in keeping the wind out when u'r tucked on top your tank! You guys upload some videos with camera mounts it'll be real fun. Here's a link of me testing my new camera mount couple months back! There's more videos that i haven't uploaded will do that soon!
Ride safe!
Camera Trial Run team-bhp - Google Video
Old 15th December 2006, 09:46   #4
BANNED

Nice Bike there Reza!
Old 15th December 2006, 09:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosfreak View Post
One small suggestion bro :

Whenever you find these kinda guys coming near you or trying to irritate you. you may as well stop. Some guys really just like to see it, just have a glance and i think that should keep you off their backs.
Absolutely right... most of these ppl just wanna take a good look and ogle while some others think they can race with such powerful machines.... wonder how they can fathom such a thought...

well i'm not hinting at their bikes but rather their brains which are puny...

anyway dude... those pics are awesome and i wish i could afford an SBK myself.... i bet riding one would definitely be an adrenaline surge.

ride safe bro and have loads of fun...
Old 15th December 2006, 10:03   #6
Jay
BHPian

Wow !!! nice bikes there and a wicked helmet too...
Old 15th December 2006, 10:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

Don't mind..........

Don't mind but how much would a Machine like that cost
if i were to get it to India???
8 L - 10 L ???
Old 15th December 2006, 13:00   #8
Senior - BHPian

terrific bike & wicked helmets. cool, man
Old 15th December 2006, 17:08   #9
BHPian

Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosfreak View Post
one thing is this the titanium exhaust caz im not able to enlarge the pic..

When it get really irrirating you may as week stopand ask whats their problem. becaz of their stupidity an accident may happen. so before that can happen just stop.

just a suggestion dude.

Peace
@ nosfreak: to enlarge, click on the thumbnail and then click/keep clicking once again on the page that opens up for a larger image.
Dunno which exhaust u're talking about.
The new gixxer has the stock titanium can, the 1000rr also has the stock underseat and the stock titanium can of my 954 has been replaced by an Akarapovic (for more pics see the other thead)

If we stop for every awestruck guy, it'll have to be every 100 mts on such roads !! This particular couple who crashed were downright crazy. They were jumping up and down on their bike as if they were riding a horse at 100 kmph !!! I strongly feel that they had a really late saturday night and were still pretty much wasted.
Besides how do we communicate with more than a dozen SBKs about when all to stop ??
Don't get me wrong, but that's a pretty impractical suggestion.

And I think u meant "that should keep them off your backs" !!

@ highwayblaze: C'mon man, u buy a gixxer for about $ 6-7k (I presume) and hesitate to put a db visor ??!!
The iridium / chrome ones cost that much.
The one I got would be about $ 40-50.
And if u're into ripping your bike (like we do on all our rides) then the db is indispensable.
But then, I guess, in the US it is not that easy to enjoy the real power of these bikes inspite of having much better roads due to the law enforcement !
India is great

@ prince_pervez: the new 1000rr would cost u anything between 8.5 - 9.5 lacs depending on how clean the paperwork is.

Last edited by bikefreak : 15th December 2006 at 17:12.
Old 15th December 2006, 23:04   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikefreak View Post
Thanks guys

@ nosfreak: to enlarge, click on the thumbnail and then click/keep clicking once again on the page that opens up for a larger image.
Dunno which exhaust u're talking about.
The new gixxer has the stock titanium can, the 1000rr also has the stock underseat and the stock titanium can of my 954 has been replaced by an Akarapovic (for more pics see the other thead)

If we stop for every awestruck guy, it'll have to be every 100 mts on such roads !! This particular couple who crashed were downright crazy. They were jumping up and down on their bike as if they were riding a horse at 100 kmph !!! I strongly feel that they had a really late saturday night and were still pretty much wasted.
Besides how do we communicate with more than a dozen SBKs about when all to stop ??
Don't get me wrong, but that's a pretty impractical suggestion.

And I think u meant "that should keep them off your backs" !!
Agreed that you cant stop everytime. but i really dont know the place that you live in and the crazy bikers there. caz down @ hyd it kinda okay here. not much dumb **** to worry about.

so it was just a a thing to remeber in case things getting really mad out ther. chao.

working in a call centre im getting bad in my english , spoil sport.
Old 16th December 2006, 01:29   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikefreak View Post
Thanks guys

@ highwayblaze: C'mon man, u buy a gixxer for about $ 6-7k (I presume) and hesitate to put a db visor ??!!
The iridium / chrome ones cost that much.
The one I got would be about $ 40-50.
And if u're into ripping your bike (like we do on all our rides) then the db is indispensable.
But then, I guess, in the US it is not that easy to enjoy the real power of these bikes inspite of having much better roads due to the law enforcement !
India is great
Its not 40-50 dude its fricking 100$ for a plastic screen! Combine that with my fricking 1100$ in speeding tickets and license suspension , you know how much that comes to add insurance doubling to it! Thats why i have to think of pennies also now coz each time i think of spending that extra 100$ i hold myself and decide that the same money cud be used for paying another ticket or half of a track day cost :P And about india being great about this ...i try to convince my friends about the same point that u made! u can go as fast as u can/want to in india!
but i think i'll get the double bubble now! and another bike too maybe
enjooyyyyy u'r rideeee!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks