Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2018, 21:56   #46
BHPian

Re: Suzuki GSX-S750 launched at 7.45L

Quote:
Originally Posted by sats View Post
The Predator
A Suzuki has to be blue! Congratulations on the new acquisition. Happy and safe miles ahead!

Now that you've done about 1,000 odd Kms, how do you compare this bike to other 600-800s out there?

Any Highlights and Lowlights?

Cheers,
Amey
Old 8th August 2018, 21:56   #47
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

You can also try out out Webike - I had bought engine guards for my Z800. Total landed cost was half of what Kawasaki were offering.

The problem with importing is that you never know in advance of how much you will be charged for import.
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 10:18   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sats View Post
Service intervals is 4K Kms. Service labour cost is around 2K+ plus consumables cost like oil and oil filter .
What lovely motorcycle. It looks smashing in that Suzuki blue colour. Hope you have lots of fun with the bike.

Does your service manual recommend a 4k service interval which includes an oil change? I noticed that the oil used is a fully synthetic one which is not cheap. Swapping out synthetic oil every 4k kms for normal road riding is absurd. Do let us know.
Old 22nd August 2018, 20:32   #49
BHPian

Test drove the bike finally from Aryan Suzuki Bangalore. The bike looks like a monster in the flesh. The pictures don't do justice to how it actually looks. The bike was very nimble in cutting through traffic and did not feel like a 210kg bike at all. The only time I noticed the weight was when I had to take a right sweeping corner after a left turn. Something that after a few hundred kms on the bike I can get a hold of. The inline 4 howl is just intoxicating after 5k on the tacho. The riding posture is not as relaxed as the z900's and is more on the sportier side. Suspension seemed okay to me as the roads where I drove were very good. Not sure how good it'll be for the "not so ideal" roads we face daily. Maybe Sats can comment on this. I felt the clutch was slightly on the heavier side compared to the Street Triple and the Z. Overall I feel that the bike is totally worthy for that price.
fiesta_21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 20:43   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
What lovely motorcycle. It looks smashing in that Suzuki blue colour. Hope you have lots of fun with the bike.

Does your service manual recommend a 4k service interval which includes an oil change? I noticed that the oil used is a fully synthetic one which is not cheap. Swapping out synthetic oil every 4k kms for normal road riding is absurd. Do let us know.
Thanks Ranjit. Apologies on the late response.

Owner's Manual says the following - Replace engine oil at:
1. Within first 2 months or 1000kms, whichever comes first
2. 12 months or 6000kms
3. 24 months or 12000kms
and so on every 6K Kms

Oil Filter to be replaced at first 1000kms and next at 18000kms only

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiesta_21 View Post
Test drove the bike finally from Aryan Suzuki Bangalore. The bike looks like a monster in the flesh. The pictures don't do justice to how it actually looks. The bike was very nimble in cutting through traffic and did not feel like a 210kg bike at all...

..Not sure how good it'll be for the "not so ideal" roads we face daily. Maybe Sats can comment on this. I felt the clutch was slightly on the heavier side compared to the Street Triple and the Z. Overall I feel that the bike is totally worthy for that price.
Bike does not get unsettled easily on not so ideal roads. Have ridden over the rural back roads in a drizzling weather with TC set at 3, it did not matter much. This his where the weight of the bike helps and it's stable. Even when you hit a slight bad patch suddenly when doing high speed runs.

Clutch is a bit heavy especially in bumper to bumper traffic as it does not have a slipper clutch /clutch assist. On highways you would not notice it.

Bike continues to perform well. Have added a couple of safety accessories from Puig - Frame Sliders and Front Fork Silders. Waiting on the Radiator Guard and Rear Swingarm Spool/Sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
A Suzuki has to be blue! Congratulations on the new acquisition. Happy and safe miles ahead!

Now that you've done about 1,000 odd Kms, how do you compare this bike to other 600-800s out there?

Any Highlights and Lowlights?

Cheers,
Amey
Thanks Amey.

Race derived and tested engine is the trump card compared to other 600 -800's.

Pros: Creamy inline 4, stable bike, RPM Assist and TC helps. Dual channel Nissin ABS helps drop anchor real good. Will not scare you and the power is usable. Offcourse the exhaust note post 5K and 7K rpm's is to die for even with the stock exhaust.

Cons: Sporty riding position but you can move around the seat plus offset Handlebar risers and a gel seat would help in touring. Weight of the bike at standstill and bit heavy clutch in traffic. Have to see after a few 1000kms on how the clutch loosens up.

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Please avoid submitting back-to-back posts. Use the EDIT / QUOTE + functions within 30 minutes of submitting the first post, instead of posting consecutively. Thank you.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 5th September 2018 at 08:28. Reason: Please avoid posting consecutively. Use the EDIT / QUOTE + functions within 30 minutes of submitting the first post instead
sats is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 10:37   #51
Team-BHP Support

Autocar India compares the two entry level inline4 machines - the GSX-S750 and the Honda CBR650F.

Quote:
The GSX-S750, priced at Rs 7.46 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) costs just Rs 9,000 more than the CBR, and for that, you get a lot more motorcycle. It’s got a clear edge on power and also sports higher-grade tech and components, but what makes it better goes beyond just the sum of its parts. The S750 certainly demands you to be prepared for a more serious degree of performance, but it is also a monumentally more fun motorcycle to ride and is, therefore, the one to buy.
https://www.autocarindia.com/bike-co...parison-409655
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2018, 21:22   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Autocar India compares the two entry level inline4 machines - the GSX-S750 and the Honda CBR650F

Even though the Ex showroom price difference of both the bikes is only 9000 the onroad prices are different by a huge margin. CBR 650F retails at 8.54 lakhs on road mumbai and GSX is 9.09 lakhs on road mumbai. Not sure why so much difference between the on road prices of the two bikes. I would any day pick up the CBR 650 F over GSX for the total cost of ownership calculation.
Old 14th September 2018, 21:57   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Even though the Ex showroom price difference of both the bikes is only 9000 the onroad prices are different by a huge margin. CBR 650F retails at 8.54 lakhs on road mumbai and GSX is 9.09 lakhs on road mumbai. Not sure why so much difference between the on road prices of the two bikes. I would any day pick up the CBR 650 F over GSX for the total cost of ownership calculation.
I guess thats because of CBU vs CKD road tax anamoly in MH. In other states the OTR difference is minimal and hence makes CBR650F a hard-sell compared not only to GSX S750 but also Z900.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2018, 20:48   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
The GSX S750 on-road price in Chennai is 8.5L and in Bangalore it's 9.5L. How much is the road tax in Mumbai?

Also a bit OT but I need a few suggestions for the riding gear to buy with the bike and I am really new to this field. I am planning to buy the basic 5 viz. Helmet, Jacket, Gloves, Boots and Riding Jeans. I have made a lot of research for the helmet and jacket. For the jacket I had 3 major points to consider. Lot of airflow, waterproofing and impact protection along with good abrasion resistance.

I checked the Alpinestars Leonis Drystar jacket that has come out new to the market. This is a mesh + textile construction and has a removable waterproof liner, CE level 2 armours at the knee and shoulders. Looks to be a good option for my requirements.

For the helmet, I've decided with the scorpion EXO R420 or the HJC FG 17. Both are full face helmets which seem to have good airflow and are Snell rated.

I have a budget of 30-35K for the boots, gloves(waterproof gauntlet mostly) and riding jeans combined. Any suggestions for these are appreciated. Also any more suggestions for the helmet and jacket are more than welcome.

Regarding stores to buy the gear from. Are there any good stores in Bangalore and Chennai which has variety and are trustworthy?

I checked bikegear.in and this site seems to have a lot of options. Is this site trustworthy and does anyone have experience ordering from it?

I also found a site called www.ridersdiscount.com. They are offering free shipping over $400. This seems like a good option too. Any comments on this?
Old 18th September 2018, 21:07   #55
Senior - BHPian

Dainese has stores in both Chennai & Bangalore which you can check out. I currently use Dainese Hydra Flux D-Dry and i would highly recommend it.

Bikegear is legit site and they give door to door pricing. Issue with US based websites like ridersdiscount/revzilla etc is 40-45% customs which you will have to pay if you ship it to India. If you can get anyone to hand carry for you then thats perfect.
Old 18th September 2018, 23:17   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Dainese has stores in both Chennai & Bangalore which you can check out. I currently use Dainese Hydra Flux D-Dry and i would highly recommend it.
Thanks, I'll checkout the Dainese store. I checked the Hydra Flux D Dry too. Looks to be a great jacket and checks all my boxes. I am actually considering this or the Alpinestars.

Quote:
Bikegear is legit site and they give door to door pricing. Issue with US based websites like ridersdiscount/revzilla etc is 40-45% customs which you will have to pay if you ship it to India. If you can get anyone to hand carry for you then thats perfect.
Yeah, the customs duty is the problem and it's pretty random. Sometimes the duty is levied and sometimes it's not. A friend of mine is coming back in November and I might ask him to get the Helmet. I need a jacket before that as I'd be booking the bike by the end of this month and the delivery is supposed to happen in 2 weeks. I have a spare LS2 helmet till the time the HJC or Scorpion arrives.

Any suggestions for good gloves, boots and riding jeans. Can I go with brands like Cramster and Aspida or should I be going with Rev'it! or TCX. The cost difference is substantial and I want to know if the difference in quality will actually be that good.
Old 18th September 2018, 23:23   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions for good gloves, boots and riding jeans. Can I go with brands like Cramster and Aspida or should I be going with Rev'it! or TCX. The cost difference is substantial and I want to know if the difference in quality will actually be that good.
This is what i use -

Pants - Revit! Airwave 2 https://www.highnoteperformance.com/...ant=2633795332

Gloves - Alpinestars SP-2 Full Gauntlet
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...rs-sp-2-gloves

Shoes - Alpinestars SMX 6
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...rs-smx-6-boots

You can buy the Rynox pants - they are pretty good with CE-2 protection. For boots & gloves - if you can get it from US - nothing like it.
Old 18th September 2018, 23:41   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Any suggestions for good gloves, boots and riding jeans. Can I go with brands like Cramster and Aspida or should I be going with Rev'it! or TCX.
I'm using TBG gloves and really like them. Good protection and has been worth the money so far - One of the better Indian made stuff. Using Rynox pants and they do the job well too. VFM for the price.

One advice if you are looking at Dainese - skip the fabric jacket though it looks sexy. Its a pain to maintain.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 18th September 2018 at 23:43.
Old 19th September 2018, 15:18   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
One advice if you are looking at Dainese - skip the fabric jacket though it looks sexy. Its a pain to maintain.
Can you elaborate ?

I just get my Hydra Flux drycleaned once every few months and it looks fine. I know a couple of my friends who have Dainese Super Speed & A* mesh jackets and they also havent faced any issues - infact one of them just washes them in his washing machine every few weeks after removing the protectors.
Old 19th September 2018, 16:33   #60
BHPian

Quote:
A* mesh jackets and they also havent faced any issues - infact one of them just washes them in his washing machine every few weeks after removing the protectors.
Fully agree with you. My Alpinestar is super easy to clean and maintain. it takes less than 2 minutes to remove the protectors and its a regular wash in the machine then. I do it every 3 weeks and the jacket is as good as new.

For riding in hot and humid weather, there is nothing better than a mesh jacket.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks