Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2018, 20:12   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suzuki GSX-S750 launched at 7.45L

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Sure thats a good idea? I had an issue with my old Pulsar itself fed on a constant diet of Speed. The additives caused some lining inside the fuel lines and tank over the long term.

On the Versys - I've use Shell normal petrol or BP normal petrol only. Not the version with additives, unless there is no choice.
+1

Either normal petrol or Power 99 or Speed 97. Never this marketing nonsense of Speed/Power/Shell V-Power in my Multistrada.
Old 20th October 2018, 12:32   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Sure thats a good idea? I had an issue with my old Pulsar itself fed on a constant diet of Speed. The additives caused some lining inside the fuel lines and tank over the long term.

On the Versys - I've use Shell normal petrol or BP normal petrol only. Not the version with additives, unless there is no choice.
Is it okay for the bike to get a constant dose of normal 91 octane if I'm not getting to the high revs? Touring I understand that we have no other option but what about general riding? I am travelling 25kms up and road to fuel up with speed97 every time so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sats View Post
Congratulation Fiesta_21, same colour as mine. A good choice for newbie superbikers

2. I plan to stick to what the user manual says with regards to service unless I rack up too many Kms or have to ride in bad or dusty conditions.

4. 13 - 15 Kms/ltr in city is what am seeing too. On highways post 1st service I have seen mileage go past 26+ kms/ltr at decent speeds.

5. Almost finished with Phase 1 of accessories to my bike:
- Puig Windscreen
- Puig Frame Sliders
- Puig Front Fork Silders
- Swingarm Spool cum Slider
- 3M PPF for full bike
- Awaiting Eazigrips/Stompgrips for below the tank
- Awaiting Radiator Guard

Take care, ride safe & enjoy the creamy inline 4....

Cheers,
Sats
Thanks a lot Sats.

I'm planning to do a 6months service as I'm not sure if 1 year is such a good idea. In case of a problem they might void the warranty too.

On the highway I too got 25+ kmpl with constant speeds of 100-120. Did a ride to Chennai.

I got the radiator guard from Evotech directly within a week and got that installed. Will be asking my friends to get the frame, front axle and rear sliders.

How much did the PPF cost? I was thinking about going for a ceramic coat after the first service. I was thinking about getting tank grips too. There was one from techspec which costed around 5-6k for tank guard and side grips.
Old 20th October 2018, 18:16   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiesta_21 View Post
Is it okay for the bike to get a constant dose of normal 91 octane if I'm not getting to the high revs? Touring I understand that we have no other option but what about general riding? I am travelling 25kms up and road to fuel up
When in doubt do as the manufacturer says. My monster is noticeably gruff on 91. I had to fill 91 a couple of times since i know of only 1 pump that has 97 and getting there is the same story as yours. But now i just plan ahead a bit.
Old 20th October 2018, 20:22   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
When in doubt do as the manufacturer says. My monster is noticeably gruff on 91. I had to fill 91 a couple of times since i know of only 1 pump that has 97 and getting there is the same story as yours. But now i just plan ahead a bit.
I haven't noticed any difference in the way my bike reacts to V Power compared to Speed97 but again I haven't taken my bike past 6k RPM. I'm trying to best to get the high octane fuel but I'm hoping it won't damage my engine on rare occasions where I use standard fuel.
Old 1st November 2018, 08:06   #80
Team-BHP Support

Recalled for faulty fuel pump in India -

https://www.autocarindia.com/bike-ne...-r1000r-410292
Old 11th April 2019, 12:26   #81
BHPian

I'm taking delivery of a 2019 Suzuki GSX S750 in the coming week.

Suzuki India is offering a new paint scheme for the 2019 MY bikes - a white and a matte black. The white has the alloys in the 'zuki blue shade, while the black has the alloys painted black with a blue rim tape.

I've succumbed to the white.

Shall update here post delivery.

Last edited by GoBlue : 11th April 2019 at 12:30.
GoBlue is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th April 2019, 20:41   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
I'm taking delivery of a 2019 Suzuki GSX S750 in the coming week

I've succumbed to the white.

Shall update here post delivery.
Let me be the first to say - CONGRATS.

Can you post few pics of the new model.
Old 13th April 2019, 22:35   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Let me be the first to say - CONGRATS.

Can you post few pics of the new model.
Thank you.

Have taken the pics off Google Images. The Suzuki India website doesn't seem to be updated yet.

The white:

Suzuki GSX-S750 launched at 7.45L-2.jpg

The matte black:

Suzuki GSX-S750 launched at 7.45L-6000000001.jpg
GoBlue is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 12:35   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you.

Have taken the pics off Google Images. The Suzuki India website doesn't seem to be updated yet.
The new paint schemes look delicious. I personally prefer the matt black but then I am not a prospective customer for this bike

and a big congrats to you on the purchase. Dont forget to invest in some quality riding gear
narula123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 20:04   #85
BHPian

Quote:
1. For the clutch, their is a simple adjustment they can now make, so it's not so heavy.
Hola, Sats.

Could you please let me know the details of this clutch adjustment.

I spoke with the technicians at the Pune facility, and it seemed they weren't aware of the same. It would help if I could let them know the method/process.

Quote:
5. Almost finished with Phase 1 of accessories to my bike:
- Puig Windscreen
- Puig Frame Sliders
- Puig Front Fork Silders
- Swingarm Spool cum Slider
- 3M PPF for full bike
- Awaiting Eazigrips/Stompgrips for below the tank
- Awaiting Radiator Guard
It seems that Puig makes two screens exclusively for the S750. One meant for street riding and another for touring. Which one have you bought? Do share some feedback on the effectiveness of the wind protection of the screen.

Regarding 3M PPF, I'm planning to get it done too. Could you please share the cost of the same, and if possible, how many sq-ft of the PPF film was required?
It seems that there is some variation in the quotes given by 3M centers here in Pune, so this information would help in normalizing them.

Thanks a lot for the inputs, in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
The new paint schemes look delicious. I personally prefer the matt black but then I am not a prospective customer for this bike
During the brief deliberation that I did while choosing the color, it seemed that the white color accentuates the edgy styling of the bike, whereas the black manages to mask it, to an extent. It was a tough call choosing between the colors, as there were only two to choose from. As I already have a dark gray shade in the Polo GT TSI, decided to mix it up by going for the white. Strange, the way the mind works sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
and a big congrats to you on the purchase. Dont forget to invest in some quality riding gear
Thanks, narula123.
I have the riding gear ready and waiting to see the daylight of delivery day.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th April 2019 at 22:16. Reason: Please limit smileys to 2/post. Thanks!
Old 23rd April 2019, 20:44   #86
BHPian

An update: took delivery of the bike.

Had a wonderful pre-sales and delivery experience with Dream Bikes Suzuki, Pune. Kudos to the team for the great work!

The bike is currently in the break-in period and I am enjoying every time the muted hum of the inline 4 transforms into a mad growl.

Some pics for thy viewing pleasure.

The beauty traveled all the way from Delhi to Pune wrapped in this crate:

Suzuki GSX-S750 launched at 7.45L-img20190420wa0002.jpg

A snap after a solo ride. The bike makes me turn back and give it a parting look every time I park. It is an amazing machine!

Suzuki GSX-S750 launched at 7.45L-img_20190423_184001312.jpg
GoBlue is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 21:54   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

A snap after a solo ride. The bike makes me turn back and give it a parting look every time I park. It is an amazing machine!

Attachment 1870764
Looks smashing in this color and angle ! Many congrats on the purchase ! Ride Hard and Ride Safe
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 10:08   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
An update: took delivery of the bike.
Congrats on inline-4 bike & nice colour choice.
Panning photo of bike with those blue wheels is going to look amazing.
Hope you have lined up gear upgrade, that Vega helmet would not cope up with speed (and associated wind blast) that bike is capable of.

Quote:
Had a wonderful pre-sales and delivery experience with Dream Bikes Suzuki, Pune.
Do Suzuki folks charge a bomb as handling charges similar to Kawasaki/Triumph?
sukiwa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 13:04   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Looks smashing in this color and angle ! Many congrats on the purchase ! Ride Hard and Ride Safe
Thanks!
Do consider writing about your Multi 1260. A first-hand perspective is always refreshing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Congrats on inline-4 bike & nice colour choice.
Panning photo of bike with those blue wheels is going to look amazing.
Thanks! It would be great if you could be so kind as to take some time out and unleash thy renowned photography skills on the bike.

Quote:
Do Suzuki folks charge a bomb as handling charges similar to Kawasaki/Triumph?
There is an additional expense (over the OTR cost) that the dealer has to bear to get the bike registered, which I supported them with. Besides this, I did not have to pay any additional amount under the tag of 'handling charges'.
In comparison with Kawasaki and Triumph, I would say that Suzuki is much more reasonable when it comes to reaching an agreement on the pricing.
However, I must add that during interactions with the Kawasaki and Triumph dealerships (whilst surveying different options), they were inclined towards a waiver of the handling charges if the bike was booked during a certain time-frame. March is a good month to go bike-hunting.

Quote:
Hope you have lined up gear upgrade, that Vega helmet would not cope up with speed (and associated wind blast) that bike is capable of.
You sir, are a man with the eyes of a hawk.
You are right that the Vega helmet is unfit for wind-blast duty. An AGV lid is in-transit, which shall replace the humble Vega. However in the meanwhile, something is better than nothing, and hence the Vega.

With regard to the remainder of the riding gear, I've chosen to go with Rynox for the mesh jacket, riding pant and gloves. Would be trying out Alpinestars' boots.
GoBlue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 19:41   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Hola, Sats.

Could you please let me know the details of this clutch adjustment.

I spoke with the technicians at the Pune facility, and it seemed they weren't aware of the same. It would help if I could let them know the method/process.

It seems that Puig makes two screens exclusively for the S750. One meant for street riding and another for touring. Which one have you bought? Do share some feedback on the effectiveness of the wind protection of the screen.

Regarding 3M PPF, I'm planning to get it done too. Could you please share the cost of the same, and if possible, how many sq-ft of the PPF film was required?
It seems that there is some variation in the quotes given by 3M centers here in Pune, so this information would help in normalizing them.

Thanks a lot for the inputs, in advance!

During the brief deliberation that I did while choosing the color, it seemed that the white color accentuates the edgy styling of the bike, whereas the black manages to mask it, to an extent. It was a tough call choosing between the colors, as there were only two to choose from. As I already have a dark gray shade in the Polo GT TSI, decided to mix it up by going for the white. Strange, the way the mind works sometimes.

Thanks, narula123.
I have the riding gear ready and waiting to see the daylight of delivery day.
Hi GoBlue,

Congrats on picking up the GSX-S750. The White & Blue combo looks refreshing.

As to your queries:
Clutch - with the 2018 models the clutch was a bit hard, so the Clutch Cable was re-lubed, adjusted apart from adjusting the pulley pin on the left side above the engine case, which provided a bit of relief. But you will get used to it in no time. Only hassle would be in bumper to bumper traffic. I am also looking at the Easy Clutch system from Prospec, Bangalore. Will revert once I get it...

3M PPF - Had the complete bike scanned and got the PPF pre-cut for the bike. Cost around 5.5K for the complete bike except the lower engine spoiler.

Windscreen - I installed the Puig Street variant. Looks cool and wind blast protection upto 140+ KMPH, for higher speeds tucking in helps. The touring variant looks a bit ungainly but might provide better wind protection. Look at this variant only if you are going to be doing too many high mileage touring jaunts. If you are only installing a wind screen for looks Aliexpress has much cheaper options within 3K.

Have added a few more things to my Predator:
- Adjustable Clutch & Brake Levers - Colour coded to my bike
- Radiator Guard
- Grip Puppies - Handlebar grips
- Handlebar Riser - yet to be installed
- EaziGrips on the sides for gripping the bike - Yet to be installed

The intoxicating howl post 4.5 - 5K rev's is addictive from the inline 4 butter smooth mill and the OE exhaust, so do take care & ride safe...

Regards,
Satz
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks