Team-BHP - MY2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched at Rs. 10 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   MY2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched at Rs. 10 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/199388-my2019-kawasaki-ninja-1000-launched-rs-10-lakh.html)

Kawasaki has launched the MY2019 Ninja 1000 in India. It is imported as a semi-knocked down unit (SKD) and assembled at the company's facility near Pune. The superbike is priced at Rs. 9.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

MY2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched at Rs. 10 lakh-ninja10004.jpg

The Ninja 1000 is based around an aluminium twin-tube chassis featuring 41 mm adjustable upside down forks at the front and an adjustable monoshock at the rear. The bike measures 2,100 mm in length, 790 mm in width and 1,185 mm in height. The wheelbase is 1,440 mm and the bike weighs 239 kg. Fuel tank capacity is 19 litres.

MY2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched at Rs. 10 lakh-ninja10003.jpg

Apart from new graphics, the MY2019 Ninja 1000 looks similar to its predecessor. It features a sharp front end with twin LED headlamps, while the turn signals are placed on the side fairings. The bike has a stepped seat and a side-mounted V-shaped exhaust.

MY2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched at Rs. 10 lakh-ninja10002.jpg

Powering the Ninja 1000 is a 1,043 cc, in-line 4-cylinder engine that produces 140 BHP @ 10,000 rpm and 111 Nm of peak torque @ 7,300 rpm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox via a slipper clutch. It has 2 riding modes - Low Power and Full Power and a 3-step traction control system. The braking setup includes twin 300 mm petal type discs with 4-piston radial calipers on the front and a single 250 mm petal type disc in the rear with a 1-piston caliper. ABS comes as standard.

The 2018 Ninja 1000 is available in 2 colour options - black and green.

MY2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched at Rs. 10 lakh-ninja10001.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

with just a sticker upgrade, why even bother...

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheK (Post 4417200)
with just a sticker upgrade, why even bother...

And whats with the trend of rushing into a 2019 modelyear - when we are yet to complete the first half of 2018 itself! :Frustrati

The price remains unchanged. Guess no one would care anything else about this stickerjob.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 4417246)
And whats with the trend of rushing into a 2019 modelyear - when we are yet to complete the first half of 2018 itself! :Frustrati

It's an incredibly DUMB trend that started off in the USA and I sure hope doesn't get adopted in India. In the USA, I have seen the next year's model update (e.g. 2019 Alto) being launched in the January or February of the previous year. Just one of those promotional tricks that got taken too far. Related reading - link. And a good answer by Doug:

Quote:

Anyway, the question here is, why do automakers bother with model years? Why don't they just say a car is a "1997" if it's built in 1997 and a "1998" if it's built in 1998?

Well, Derek, it's all psychological. For example, today is March 3, 2017. You're going to the dealer to buy a brand-new car, and you bring it home, and you're telling all your friends that you just picked up a nice new 2017 Ford Explorer. What a wonderful moment, right? What a celebratory occasion! You're so excited, and you're happy, and you've even gone to your local grocery store, whatever they have down in Australia, and you've picked up some balloons.

But then you tell your neighbor, Zeblot, about your new car, and Zeblot isn't impressed. This is because Zeblot just purchased his own new car: a 2018 Honda Pilot. Suddenly you and your 2017 Explorer aren't anywhere near as cool; some dude down the street (named Zeblot, of all things) already has a car that's a year newer than yours. And you just bought yours YESTERDAY!

So the automakers look for any edge possible to try and convince people that their car is the newest, and latest, and greatest, and coolest thing they can possibly imagine. And some of that edge involves playing with the model year. I'll never forget, for example, when I first started working for Porsche Cars North America in 2010, and I had a 2011 Porsche 911 as a company car. For the first few months, until it actually became 2011, people thought I was driving around in a car from the future.

Interestingly, there are rules about this whole model-year thing lest the carmakers go crazy and roll out the 2024 models next week. Here in the U.S., a car company can't say a car is from the "next" model year until January 1 of the preceding year. In other words, a car company looking to release a 2018 model would've had to wait until January 1, 2017. In Canada, the rule is even stricter: A car must be built after January 1, not merely sold after January 1, in order to qualify. So you can't build a car on December 15, 2016, and call it a 2018 model, even if you plan on selling it in 2017

The magical 9.99L price tag that kept on road prices low in many states - is now history.

Kawasaki Ninja 1000 is priced at 10.29 lakhs now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 4568809)
The magical 9.99L price tag that kept on road prices low in many states - is now history.

Kawasaki Ninja 1000 is priced at 10.29 lakhs now.

What's the reason for the price hike - no mention of that anywhere. And is this only for Kawasaki or all Superbikes are getting costlier.

I was in talks with the bangalore Kawasaki showroom to buy a bike. The SA informed me that there was going to be a price hike of upto 10% across the range from Apr-1st.

New 'Metallic Matte Fusion Silver' colour option introduced for the Indian market. Limited to 60 units -

Source - https://www.autocarindia.com/bike-ne...-scheme-413353

MY2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched at Rs. 10 lakh-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20190704023009_ninja1000absfront.jpg

Ninja 1000 receives a host of technical updates for 2020 -

https://youtu.be/2JWqjH-HhVc

Up/Down quick shifter would be a cool feature to have, rest don't really apply/appeal to me personally.

Drops the Ninja 1000 and Z1000 SX monikers in favour of Ninja 1000SX. Will they follow this trend in India as well?

Quote:

Originally Posted by killjoy (Post 4687630)
Up/Down quick shifter would be a cool feature to have, rest don't really apply/appeal to me personally.

Good part is that all the features come at a very minimal cost. Pricing in the US is only marginally up from $12,199 to $12,399.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 4687766)
Drops the Ninja 1000 and Z1000 SX monikers in favour of Ninja 1000SX. Will they follow this trend in India as well?

By the looks of it, it will be called the Ninja 1000SX even in India. The name change is there on US website as well. We used to get the same name as US model and I dont think they are going to create separate stickers without the SX moniker just for India. Anyway, SX addition hardly matters if they keep the pricing similar.

Looks like Kawasaki has offers on the 650, 1000 and one more model. Upto 1L voucher redeemable on Road Tax / Insurance, and 10k on accessories. Could be promotions for corporate employees , since I heard this one for IBM employees.

The 2020 model looking really enticing, I just couldnt come to terms with that strange shaped exhaust in the preceding models :-/

For my 2nd bike, I wanted an Inline 4 and I have been eyeing the Z900RS trying to hunt and see if any dealer wants to clear stock and will give a good discount thanks to the stupid pricing Kawasaki has listed it at,
but now I think the 2020 Ninja1000 is a far better option to consider.

Quote:

Originally Posted by plimsollmark (Post 4725211)

For my 2nd bike, I wanted an Inline 4 and I have been eyeing the Z900RS trying to hunt and see if any dealer wants to clear stock and will give a good discount thanks to the stupid pricing Kawasaki has listed it at,
but now I think the 2020 Ninja1000 is a far better option to consider.

AFAIK the Z900RS had a very limited import be into India and may already be sold out.

What is your first bike? Do you plan on touring all day? If you're looking for a fun machine, I gotta say, the ZX6R is an absolute riot to ride. It's what I'd pick over the Ninja 1000 any day of the week. Unfortunately for me, it can't be an only bike, so my search continues.