Old 27th April 2019, 16:12   #166
BHPian

Re: The Suzuki V-Strom 650XT, now launched at Rs 7.46 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90BHP View Post
Folks, any new reviews posted on the 650XT
Service costs bothering me here
Any other issue or problems reported?
Any idea of the cost to add a center stand?

Service Cost:
First Service: Rs. 6195/-
Place: APCO Service, Kozhikode, Kerala

Break Up:
Name:  VStromFirstService.png
Views: 1581
Size:  11.9 KB

Issues Till Today: Nil
Kilometers Run (till today): 1900/
Center Stand: Rs.21645/- (I've not got that, info from site Ref: https://www.suzukimotorcycle.co.in/a.../stand-set-ctr
kozhissery is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th April 2019, 16:57   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozhissery View Post
Service Cost:

Break Up:
Attachment 1871804

Issues Till Today: Nil
Kilometers Run (till today): 1900/
Center Stand: Rs.21645/- (I've not got that, info from site Ref: https://www.suzukimotorcycle.co.in/a.../stand-set-ctr
So basically the labor charges are pushing costs through the roof!

I don't understand why it needs to be so much. What type of oil have they suggested to be used?
Old 27th April 2019, 18:57   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Service Cost:
Place: APCO Service, Kozhikode, Keral
I think that's quite reasonable , and with the amount of praise I have heard and read about the legendary engine and the bike, you should have a brilliant ownership experience.

All the best.
Old 27th April 2019, 19:18   #169
BHPian

Quote:
/
Center Stand: Rs.21645/-
The service costs are fairly reasonable considering the segment. However, I can't fathom why some metal and springs should cost 21k! Such parts can be easily localized and sold at a fraction of the cost!
Old 27th April 2019, 20:11   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
The service costs are fairly reasonable considering the segment. However, I can't fathom why some metal and springs should cost 21k! Such parts can be easily localized and sold at a fraction of the cost!
21k for a centre stand is comparable to what you will pay for most ADV center stands if you choose to buy either OEM (might be higher) or Tier A aftermarket brands (Hepko / SW-Motech / Givi). I am sure there is a very healthy margin on these parts for manufacturers.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2019, 21:58   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Service Cost:
Seeing as your location is in the capital, did you ride your bike to Kozhikode? Or are there any plans from APCO to come down to Trivandrum or Cochin?
Old 27th April 2019, 22:51   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90BHP View Post
So basically the labor charges are pushing costs through the roof!

I don't understand why it needs to be so much. What type of oil have they suggested to be used?
I think it was Motul V 300 or something like that. Expected Suzuki Oil but they did not have it with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
I think that's quite reasonable , and with the amount of praise I have heard and read about the legendary engine and the bike, you should have a brilliant ownership experience.

All the best.
The bike is quite comfortable (better than Versys when the roads are bad but for straight line, I would still put my money on Versys). Once I clock about 2000/2500 kilometres I'd pen a small ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
21k for a centre stand is comparable to what you will pay for most ADV center stands if you choose to buy either OEM (might be higher) or Tier A aftermarket brands (Hepko / SW-Motech / Givi). I am sure there is a very healthy margin on these parts for manufacturers.
Both costs almost the same. I thought of taking one but it does reduces the ground clearance so dropped the idea. Only when you need to lube the chain its needed that too while on ride, at home I've paddocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Seeing as your location is in the capital, did you ride your bike to Kozhikode? Or are there any plans from APCO to come down to Trivandrum or Cochin?
Yes, took the vehicle and just drove back for the service (400 odd kilometres one way). While returning took Calicut->Palakkad->Pollachi->Palani->Madurai->Nagacoil->Trivandrum route so that the bike could stretch its legs. And I'm lucky to have a co-brother (TBHP handle Vasuki) who accompanied me from Palakkad in his Ducati Multistrada 1260 and we had good riding time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Suzuki is looking forward to open a showroom in Cochin. It should materialise soon.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 30th April 2019 at 10:55. Reason: back to back posts merged.
kozhissery is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st May 2019, 11:31   #173
BHPian

I just picked up a V-Strom 650 yesterday in white and blue. It's an upgrade from a Triumph Bonneville which I sold. Since I haven't seen too many pictures of this colour combination, I thought I should post a few photos.

The 2019 variant gets blue wheels instead of black which looks terrific. Adds a much needed pop to the machine.

The Suzuki V-Strom 650XT, now launched at Rs 7.46 lakhs-fullbike.jpg

A closer look at the front wheel.

The Suzuki V-Strom 650XT, now launched at Rs 7.46 lakhs-frontwheel.jpg

And the front. The beak has a section in blue.

The Suzuki V-Strom 650XT, now launched at Rs 7.46 lakhs-front.jpg

The Suzuki crashguard. I was told that it an SW-Motech rebranded but I'm not sure. It feels very sturdy and offers good coverage.

The Suzuki V-Strom 650XT, now launched at Rs 7.46 lakhs-crashguard.jpg

The SW-Motech sump guard. It feels very robust and should serve me well. I've noticed a slight decrease in ground clearance.

The Suzuki V-Strom 650XT, now launched at Rs 7.46 lakhs-sumpguard.jpg

The Suzuki Radiator guard. I wasn't sure about the utility but bought it on a whim. Seems like a well built mesh.

The Suzuki V-Strom 650XT, now launched at Rs 7.46 lakhs-radiatorguard.jpg

The center guard is on order. I will also add Barkbusters to complete everything. I had extensively test ridden the bike in all kinds of terrain before buying. I think this is the perfect middleweight for India.

Detailed review to follow once I get some riding done which seems hard given Pune's brutal summer

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd May 2019 at 10:42. Reason: Inserting attachments
ranjitnair77 is online now   (20) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 11:53   #174
BHPian

Till today I've not got any confirmation either from the dealer or company that the service interval has changed to 6K kilometers. But the news that I read gives me a ray of hope
Quote:
Moreover, as we recently reported, Suzuki has aimed to ease the cost of ownership by increasing the duration between service intervals. This revision implies for its small capacity motorcycles as well as its big bikes like the Hayabusa, GSX-R1000, V-Strom 650 XT and the GSX-S750.
Ref:

https://www.bikewale.com/news/40926-...june-2019.html

Keeping my fingers crossed. It is quite difficult for me get my V-Strom serviced as the dealer is 400+ kilometers from where I live.
Old 4th July 2019, 18:15   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
I just picked up a V-Strom 650 yesterday in white and blue. It's an upgrade from a Triumph Bonneville which I sold. Since I haven't seen too many pictures of this colour combination, I thought I should post a few photos
Being a Bonneville long timer myself, would be interesting to hear from you on your feel compared to the Bonnie. I'm so much in love with the Bonnie that I've not yet considered any upgrade.
Old 4th July 2019, 19:32   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Being a Bonneville long timer myself, would be interesting to hear from you on your feel compared to the Bonnie. I'm so much in love with the Bonnie that I've not yet considered any upgrade.
I still love the Bonnie. There is that timelessness about the bike that would make it relevant decades from now. I let the bike go as I am not very good at maintaining two motorcycles. I had a 2013 Bonneville A3 (the one with the 17" alloys).

The main issue was its limitations as a touring bike. Of course, it is perfectly capable of touring but it has significant limitations.
  • A pretty basic suspension with limited clearance and travel. Uncomfortable over bad roads which is the norm here in Maharashtra.
  • No ABS.
  • Limited tank range. No range indicator.
  • No 6th gear for relaxed highway cruising.
  • Cramped ergonomics. Wanted better seating and stand up riding ergos.
  • No windshield so additional fatigue over long distances.
  • Weak alloy wheels. Pretty much every Bonnie A3 owner I know has suffered from bent alloys. I bent my rear alloys once.

I found myself borrowing a friend's Himalayan whenever there was a rough/off road situation as I was worried about subjecting the Bonnie to abuse. This was the clearest indicator that I needed an ADV bike.

The VStrom is superior in every way and ticks all the boxes. But it will never be as cool as the Bonnie
ranjitnair77 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 08:57   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
The 2019 variant gets blue wheels instead of black which looks terrific.
Thanks for giving time for a photo-shoot, hoping for an ownership review thread in few weeks.

The Suzuki V-Strom 650XT, now launched at Rs 7.46 lakhs-img_8524.jpg
sukiwa is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks