Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2018, 22:39   #61
BHPian

re: The Suzuki V-Strom 650XT, now launched at Rs 7.46 lakhs

The XT for sure, didn't I share the images here?
October... anytime during Navratri. I think it's the 650 curse.
Maruti Suzuki and the Bike Suzuki companies are the same? Or related?
That's news to me.
Old 20th September 2018, 23:19   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer & Anvil View Post
Maruti Suzuki and the Bike Suzuki companies are the same? Or related?
That's news to me.
Suzuki Motorcycles India Private Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Suzuki Motor Company, whereas Maruti Suzuki India Limited is a 56% owned controlled subsidiary of the same.

Essentially both have the same backing and power in the market - if utilized properly. Nothing new here.

They had also announced they'll be working together for sometime now - with MSIL encouraging its dealers to take up SMIL dealerships as well, and both companies trying to expand the common component supplier base between the car and two-wheeler businesses so as to reduce costs.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2018, 08:32   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer & Anvil View Post
Suzuki has had good products on the road, even if their strategy may seem flawed, which is un-explainable at best to me. I may have stated this before, not a single VStrom1000 is seen available for sale if one were to browse the net- or ask in forums. Well, may be the odd one here and there.
Likewise, you would hardly find a 'Busa owner stranded on the highways, which goes to speak for volumes about their quality.
As someone who's been on the lookout for a VStrom 1000 for some time, I disagree. Firstly, I believe they haven't sold more than a 100 odd VStroms across the country (just my rough guess). Secondly, I have seen atleast 5-6 VStroms change hands in the last year or so.

For a launch price of close to 17-18L on road, it did not make sense when the Triumph Tiger offered so much more. I am with you on the practicality of the VStrom v/s others. It's a fantastic tourer and very very capable. Had a blast riding one just yesterday. If you apply the same logic of unavailability in the aftermarket, not a single Honda Africa Twin has made it to the used market. I believe there was one in Delhi but that was the only one I saw.

Don't get me wrong, Suzuki does make fantastic superbikes. But, they surely don't know how to sell and service them for customers paying a premium.
Old 24th September 2018, 09:10   #64
BHPian

I am amazed at the amount of negative vibes against Suzuki superbikes. That they don't offer as good a sales or service experience as Triumph or Kawasaki, blah blah. I own a Suzuki Inazuma since 2014 and have nothing but positive service experience with Suzuki. They have a dedicated team of mechanics for superbikes who devote sufficient time to your bike. Average service cost with oil change has been around Rs5500 which I believe is quite reasonable for 5000 km run.
Regarding the 650cc, I was told they are expecting display bikes in October and OTR price in Bangalore will be around Rs7L.
Olympal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2018, 11:35   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympal View Post
They have a dedicated team of mechanics for superbikes who devote sufficient time to your bike. Average service cost with oil change has been around Rs5500 which I believe is quite reasonable for 5000 km run.
Thanks for that! Shows exactly what I mentioned in earlier post.

Since Suzuki doesn't maintain a separate setup, like Honda, they can afford to service much cheaper. A Honda 650 usually costs less than 4000 every 6000 kms, if you check the ownership reports. Yamaha doesn't have a separate setup as well, and this shows in the service bills of the R3.

Dont see how 5.5k per 5k kms is 'reasonable' for a 2.09L ex-showroom bike!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 24th September 2018 at 11:37.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2018, 19:35   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Thanks for that! Shows exactly what I mentioned in earlier post.

Since Suzuki doesn't maintain a separate setup, like Honda, they can afford to service much cheaper. A Honda 650 usually costs less than 4000 every 6000 kms, if you check the ownership reports. Yamaha doesn't have a separate setup as well, and this shows in the service bills of the R3.

Dont see how 5.5k per 5k kms is 'reasonable' for a 2.09L ex-showroom bike!
To put in perspective - Ducati Multistrada annual service costs 10-11k every 15k kms. And it has a reputation of being expensive - whereas looking at these Suzuki service intervals makes it quite reasonable.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2018, 20:09   #67
BHPian

How is ex-showroom price relative to service cost?
The Inazuma shares some cycle parts with much bigger bikes despite having a 2.09 lakh ex showroom price.
That said, service cost starts from Rs1350 for basic service which I have paid on one occasion. I paid Rs5,500 during last two services as it involved oil change Rs 2500 each time and spark plug change and air filter change one time and front fork service and radiator service another time.
Overall I am satisfied with service quality and cost has not pinched my pocket.
Old 24th September 2018, 21:18   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympal View Post
How is ex-showroom price relative to service cost?
The Inazuma shares some cycle parts with much bigger bikes despite having a 2.09 lakh ex showroom price.
That said, service cost starts from Rs1350 for basic service which I have paid on one occasion. I paid Rs5,500 during last two services as it involved oil change Rs 2500 each time and spark plug change and air filter change one time and front fork service and radiator service another time.
Overall I am satisfied with service quality and cost has not pinched my pocket.
Do you mind sharing the breakup of exact costs which shows everyone how much is the labor cost etc ?
Old 24th September 2018, 23:36   #69
BHPian

Spoke to dealer in Mumbai and they are saying maybe the end of the month is when the V-Storm will be launched and not before 15th Oct will they have a bike for display. I asked about the service interval and he promptly said he is not aware as he has not seen the owner's manual. Also when asked for a test ride bike, he said that would not be available.
Old 3rd October 2018, 19:17   #70
BHPian

So finally some news, I got a call from the Mumbai Dealer and was informed that the onroad price of the bike is 9.56 lakhs on road mumbai. This includes 5 years 0 Dep insurance worth 75K.

I still don't have the complete break up of the On-Road price. The ex showroom too is around 7.5 but I need the correct breakup. So maybe i will visit the showroom this weekend and check.
kailashnj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 19:37   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
This includes 5 years 0 Dep insurance worth 75K.
Zero depreciation insurance will only be for the first year. Third party insurance is mandatory for five years - and this is as per the supreme court directive.

Good price at 7.75L. 90k over the Versys will get a better offroader with spoke wheels - for those looking at riding beyond the tarmac stuff.
Old 3rd October 2018, 20:08   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Zero depreciation insurance will only be for the first year. Third party insurance is mandatory for five years - and this is as per the supreme court directive.

Correct that's what even I thought and asked him but he categorically told me that the insurance is 5 years 0 dep as it helps and reduces insurance cost.

I had asked him to confirm, if its 1st year 0 dep and another 4 years third party as per the SC directive, he said no. It's full 5 years 0 Dep policy. I am not sure if such long term 0 Dep policies are available.
kailashnj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 22:54   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

ICICI Lombard is giving 5 years zero depreciation insurance. TATA AIG will follow suit soon. So 5 years zero depreciation policy is a good option.
Old 4th October 2018, 18:18   #74
BHPian

https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...n-india/32025/

The V-Strom has been launched at an ex-showroom price of 7.46L and is available in 2 colour options.

Now I am a little confused. I was about to book the Versys 650 by the year end. Been waiting for them to introduce the new colours. At this price point, should I consider the Suzuki as well? Don't know how the post sales experience would be in Bangalore.
shreyascashyap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 18:27   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyascashyap View Post
At this price point, should I consider the Suzuki as well?
Product wise - yes, if you are into offroading. The spoke wheels (hopefully spoked tubeless) alone is worth the price, plus it gets traction control as well - all within a 90k ex showroom difference.

Service is a hit or miss, but surely not a deal breaker in Bangalore.

PS - I personally am happy with the choice of Versys - as I'm not an Offroader, love the Showa suspension, like cornering with the 17 inch front and prefer the looks of the Kawasaki over the Zuki.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 4th October 2018 at 18:50.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed