Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2018, 15:06   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The king is back | My Suzuki GSX-R1000 | EDIT: Now sold

Ever since V12 let the cat out of the bag in his ownership thread of the lovely V650, I have been patiently waiting for this thread to come up in the superbikes section. Congratulations Odeen on a wonderful purchase. Ive always been a 10R guy but this new generation Suzuki is special. Im glad you picked the traditional blue Suzuki colour scheme and not the new white one which looks a little ummm unusual. While shopping around for a litre class motorcycle, I tried getting my hands on a test ride bike for Suzuki and Honda but just couldnt find any options across India. Im glad the Bombay dealership was able to provide you with a test ride motorcycle. Hope to see frequent updates on this thread.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 15:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations! The best looking Gixxer IMO. Absolutely love that headlight. Have always adored this liter class offering from Suzuki. Spacious, comfortable and undeniably fast though I must admit they were sleeping for the last few years with only negligible upgrades.
This complete overall of the bike with near 200 hp by Suzuki is a very welcome move. The bike now competes favorably with other liter class offerings and I remember on my brief test ride, the power delivery was brutal but so smooth it felt mellow. Plus the TC system is also a welcome addition.
Hope you have a great time with her.
Old 6th September 2018, 07:47   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
A good electric blue is good to see, punctuating the plethora of reviews of greens that has been visible on bhp forums of late...
A sure shot attention grabber and by the sounds of it, a great bike to ride as well.
Cheerio!
Hey Alpha. Thank you!! That blue, though flashy seems pleasing to the eyes. Plus tradition played a major part. You buy a Ferrari, has to be red!!
The other option was a Matte black and red rims..and honestly it's meh! Hopefully if i do get the time this weekend, will be spending it wisely, making this motorcycle pop further. Will post soon. Cheers man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Looks like Stuart baba is preaching the GSX way. He is one of the biggest gixxer fans I know and am not surprised at all. Damn good rider and human being too, glad to hear that he is doing well.
Hahahahaha. That is so Stuart. This is the second GSX-R he's tried to sell me. And eventually i've succumbed. I loved his 750. And i think that's why he leans so much towards them.
You're absolutely right about taking her to the track. I am so looking forward to the same. The Suzuki dealer here does do track days. Hoping to tag with these guys and have some fun.

Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Ever since V12 let the cat out of the bag in his ownership thread of the lovely V650, I have been patiently waiting for this thread to come up in the superbikes section. Congratulations Odeen on a wonderful purchase.
Good to hear from you Neil. Hope all good with you.
This thread was long overdue. Finally decided to pen it down. I remember i was told, Suzuki had these 2 GSX-R's which were sent to dealers all across for test rides. Guess they were available for a limited time with respective dealers. But yes, i think only BMW, Triumph and Ducati give out proper tests. The Japanese are lacking in this regard. Thank you once again man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Congratulations! The best looking Gixxer IMO. Absolutely love that headlight. Have always adored this liter class offering from Suzuki. Spacious, comfortable and undeniably fast though I must admit they were sleeping for the last few years with only negligible upgrades.
Like they say in Hindi, "Der aaye, par doorust aaye!" The motorcycle is extra. Hopefully all remains the same and i get to enjoy her for a long long time. Thanks a million bigron!!
Odeen12 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 15:37   #19
Team-BHP Support

Enjoy the GSX.

Your speed triple is an absolutely immaculate bike. Its bought by a close friend of mine and I've ridden it once.
Axe77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 03:37   #20
BHPian

Congrats on the Gixxer 1000 ! I have always liked the seating position on the previous Gixxers and glad that this new iteration follows the same tradition. Bundle that with the Suzuki's midrange torque and you could tour on this machine. IMHO the same can't be said about the other Jap litre bikes.
Test rode one at a Suzuki demo day and the low seat height meant I fit inside the bike rather than on it compared to my Yamaha. The Yamaha makes up for it in the sound department post 8k RPM
The Arrow exhaust looks sleek as well !! Now I am hooked on to this thread to see the mods you lined up for future

Last edited by CoolBlueBiker : 7th September 2018 at 03:39.
CoolBlueBiker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 07:31   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolBlueBiker View Post
Congrats on the Gixxer 1000 ! I have always liked the seating position on the previous Gixxers and glad that this new iteration follows the same tradition. Bundle that with the Suzuki's midrange torque and you could tour on this machine. IMHO the same can't be said about the other Jap litre bikes
Test rode one at a Suzuki demo day and the low seat height meant I fit inside the bike rather than on it compared to my Yamaha. The Yamaha makes up for it in the sound department post 8k RPM
The Arrow exhaust looks sleek as well !! Now I am hooked on to this thread to see the mods you lined up for future
You're absolutely correct. Though narrow, she has decent room to move around. Touring i don't know. Problem is the 16ltr tank, plus my overall fitness. Highway runs have been limited to 250-275kms as off now. And she's returned a mileage of around 14-15kmpl. Which is not bad i guess, but then eventually that will transcend to that many fuel stops. However i do want to take her to Goa. So let's see.

Like you, I am looking forward to the mods as well starting with some cosmetic changes this Saturday. If work allows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Enjoy the GSX.

Your speed triple is an absolutely immaculate bike. Its bought by a close friend of mine and I've ridden it once.
Oh my god. Small world. I treated that motorcycle as my baby. Do ask Delano, if i can ride her someday. Just one ride. Missing her way too much.. Thank you!
Old 7th September 2018, 09:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

So passionately worded that it took me back to my first sports bike, the Ninja 250R, which is no match for a bigger cousin like this one but when I look back, my best days of riding was on that one... and I made so many friends too.

Here's wishing you a safe and happy ownership with the Zuki.
n_aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 23:06   #23
BHPian

Nice thread on the Suzuki. I have a question though - what's the service interval for your Suzuki - 6 months or 4000 Kms or 6000 Kms.
Old 9th September 2018, 09:24   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
So passionately worded that it took me back to my first sports bike, the Ninja 250R, which is no match for a bigger cousin like this one but when I look back, my best days of riding was on that one... and I made so many friends too.

Here's wishing you a safe and happy ownership with the Zuki.
Thank you Aditya. I completely agree with you, motorcycles are a sure shot gateway to meeting new and amazing people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Nice thread on the Suzuki. I have a question though - what's the service interval for your Suzuki - 6 months or 4000 Kms or 6000 Kms.
Thank you! The service interval is every 6 months or 4000 kms.
Old 9th September 2018, 12:04   #25
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on the fantastic buy Odeen.

She looks beautiful in the race livery. Having seen one in Delhi recently, I must say it has massive street presence which is not so obvious in the pictures. Do post some flyby videos so that we get to listen to that exhaust note.

The service interval of 4000 kms seems to be a bit on the lower side though.

Any trackday plans with the Gixxer?
//M is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 14:06   #26
BHPian

Wonderful choice of Machine and Colour. I daresay refreshing too, amidst the plethora of Kawas, Yammies (the count of R1s seems to have gone down based on my sightings in recent times) and venerable Hondas.

Threads like these help us to live the biking life vicariously, for many of us may never get to own one of these pure sportsbikes. Congratualtions Odeen!
octane1002 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 18:50   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Congratulations on the fantastic buy Odeen.

She looks beautiful in the race livery. Having seen one in Delhi recently, I must say it has massive street presence which is not so obvious in the pictures. Do post some flyby videos so that we get to listen to that exhaust note.

The service interval of 4000 kms seems to be a bit on the lower side though.

Any trackday plans with the Gixxer?
Thank you, Thank you "M". You are correct about the service, it is what they ask for. So will have to tag along.
However, Race Livery you say!! Added some bits of colour over the weekend. Still some work left, but here goes.

The king is back | My Suzuki GSX-R1000 | EDIT: Now sold-ecstar-1.jpg
The king is back | My Suzuki GSX-R1000 | EDIT: Now sold-ecstar-2.jpg
The king is back | My Suzuki GSX-R1000 | EDIT: Now sold-ecstar-3.jpg
The king is back | My Suzuki GSX-R1000 | EDIT: Now sold-ecstar-4.jpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
Wonderful choice of Machine and Colour. I daresay refreshing too, amidst the plethora of Kawas, Yammies (the count of R1s seems to have gone down based on my sightings in recent times) and venerable Hondas.

Threads like these help us to live the biking life vicariously, for many of us may never get to own one of these pure sportsbikes. Congratualtions Odeen!
Thank you Octane. Like i said, this itch had to be scratched. I love Yamaha's and i don't think any of us will every get bored of one! Hope you like her as much as i do.
Odeen12 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 22:15   #28
BHPian

Hi Odeen12,

The GSXR looks amazingly astonishingly awesome! Brilliant write up to go with it too. I wish you a billion x1000 fun filled kilometres on it. Please continue posting a lot of (beautiful!) pictures of your Gixxer on this thread. I just can't get enough of them
Shumi_21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2018, 10:32   #29
BHPian

Hey Odeen!
Congrats on a wonderful machine!! Wishing you unlimited safe and happy miles!

You seemed to have liked the zx10r too and chose this over that, any more insight on this decision? Especially now that the zx10r are so well priced.

The Kawasaki showroom/sales and after sales in bangalore does make one run away from the brand nevertheless.

Cheers!
Kapil
wolfy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2018, 05:53   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumi_21 View Post
Hi Odeen12,

The GSXR looks amazingly astonishingly awesome! Brilliant write up to go with it too. I wish you a billion x1000 fun filled kilometres on it. Please continue posting a lot of (beautiful!) pictures of your Gixxer on this thread. I just can't get enough of them
Thank you Shumi. I will try my bestest to upload all of shenanigans we upto Also i see you are from Mumbai, hope to see you on the road someday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
Hey Odeen!
Congrats on a wonderful machine!! Wishing you unlimited safe and happy miles!

You seemed to have liked the zx10r too and chose this over that, any more insight on this decision? Especially now that the zx10r are so well priced.

The Kawasaki showroom/sales and after sales in bangalore does make one run away from the brand nevertheless.

Cheers!
Kapil
Hey Kapil. You're absolutely correct. The Kawa is the practical choice considering what was on offer and the entire package when you look at it on paper.

Having said that, getting a motorcycle is never a practical choice. It's more of a sensorial experience. You look for character and may be personality? Suzuki seemed to be that for me. From the moment i was astride everything came together. She seemed the right fit for everything i wanted from a supersport. So that's how we got here.

Thank you Kapil.
Odeen12 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks