Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2018, 06:27   #1

Looking for an upgrade from a Harley-Davidson 750 to something bigger

Biking passion got re-ignited in me as I was an Avid Biker in the hey days. Started with Rajdoot, ended with RD-350.
Owned Triumph Twin 500 CC, Norton & BSA with Crankshaft drive. Currently I own a Harley 750 and have clocked only 3500 on my ODO. Its a fab bike with brilliant handling, cant agree much with lot's of bikers complaining about the Rear Braking & handling. I guess riding essentially needs a very scientific approach to it & keep oneself Safe with so much Tonnage one is straddling ��.

Done few rides over the weekends and kind of like riding around.

City Riding can be real HOT and that is quite normal for an HD. I don't Ride in the city of Mumbai, except when going out of town for a Ride.

As a legendary biker I never was used to any protection gear unlike today, there are myriads of protection guard's available. Was tempted to buy a Jacket with armour plates on shoulder & Elbow & Back.
After due diligence I zeroed down to Zeus Raptor that is ideal for Mumbai weather and quite a beefy one too.
The cordura mesh has excellent airflow and the inner lining is good during light showers & December Winters in Jan.

Now that I have had a phenomenal love affair with my All Black Harley (2015) I yearn for a bigger bike upgrade like a Road King or Fat Bob. Would love to hear from all who have to share their experienced reviews on the above as well as if there are any pre-used bikes up for grabs.

Love you all Bikers! Welcome to the Brotherhood!

Last edited by GTO : 10th September 2018 at 09:27. Reason: Poor language & grammar
b.aswani is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 8th September 2018, 17:14   #2
BHPian

Looking for upgrade from Harley-Davidson 750 to something bigger

Super exchange scheme from Harley if it is a recent street 750. The new softails are phenomenal - I ride the new fatbob and a triumph bonneville- both leaps ahead of the street in build and performance.
gautam99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2018, 17:41   #3
BHPian

re: Looking for an upgrade from a Harley-Davidson 750 to something bigger

Would love to present a contrarian view here.

You say that you have a 750 that you really like. However you have only ridden 3500 in 3 years which is very very little for a motorcycle. Your Harley is barely broken in. The yearning to upgrade will continue to exist even after you upgrade. I can predict a yearning to upgrade to a GS after that

Why don't you get some more kms into your existing bike for now? It's a lovely bike and perfectly adequate for our conditions.
ranjitnair77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2018, 18:39   #4
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Ranjit's point. 3.5k kms in 3 years is like ~100km a month. You need to ride much more :-) Thought i would also recommend you have a look at the Ducati Diavel - miles ahead of anything HD can offer.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 01:19   #5
BHPian

My opinion is go get one of your liking.Heart over mind !!!! Maybe Roadking is too big an upgrade considering the size. I would rather recommend the Fat bob or even look the triumph series.

As others say 3.5K in 3 years is less which also kind of portrays that its not a bike that makes you feel like riding. So may be you need to get the right bike to put some kms on that odo

Last edited by sreejith.j : 9th September 2018 at 01:22.
sreejith.j is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 09:47   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.aswani View Post
Love you all ye Bikers! Welcome to the Brotherhood!
Welcome, Rider.

You should seriously consider the current offer from HD for the Street to Softail upgrade. It's a good deal and worth a test ride at the least.

Cheers

Ride Safe.
gthang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 13:50   #7

Biker by Cognitives., done over a dozen rides already. Travel for work keeps me away from my bike.
Upgrade to feel more throb under my seat that is a kicker.
Don’t fancy loud screeching or would’ve addd SE pipe.
Thanks
Baggi

Last edited by GTO : 10th September 2018 at 13:48. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted for being too rude
Old 9th September 2018, 14:33   #8
Senior - BHPian

Baggi brother,

Welcome to T-BHP! Its cool that you decided to say Hi to the group while clubbing it with questions going on in your mind regarding an upgrade to your bike.

Whether you have ridden 3500 kms or 500 kms on this bike, if you feel it's time to upgrade go ahead. You are the one spending the moolah, so don't get disheartened by the negatives. Make yourself happy, don't get into all these things.

If you want to remain within the HD fold, then the new Fatboy would be a proper upgrade. If changing over then the Ducati Diavel would be a great change too.

Please check out both the bikes and any others which come in your mind, see what makes your heart sing with joy while riding it - that's the one for you.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2018, 12:24   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.aswani View Post
Now that I have had a phenomenal love affair with my All Black Harley (2015) I yearn for a bigger bike upgrade like a Road King or Fat Bob. Would love to hear from all who have to share their experienced reviews on the above as well as if there are any pre-used bikes up for grabs.
You need to decide what you want from the bike - you have listed two motorcycles which are both reasonably different in function and price (a 15L price difference between the 2).

In the Harley stable, I own a fat boy and a Road Glide both of which are great but very different machines and require very different budgets.

As a general rule of thumb - I would say buy the new Fat Boy 114. But if you could share what you want from the bike and what you want to spend - then you would get better suggestions.
VellVector is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks