Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2019, 02:50   #31
BHPian

Re: Kawasaki ZZR 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajakesari View Post
Thanks for the help. I will look for more bikes(keep my options open) and post here as and when i see. Can you guyz name any bikes in this range. So that i can look for it.

I am a novice in superbikes.

Thanx
Hi Gajakesari,

I am looking for a cb400 vtec in Bangalore. Any idea your dealer has similar bike or any lead will be very helpful.

Thank you!

Last edited by sharath1234 : 10th May 2019 at 02:58.
Old 10th May 2019, 03:16   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath1234 View Post
Hi Gajakesari,
I am looking for a cb400 vtec in Bangalore. Any idea your dealer has similar bike or any lead will be very helpful.
Thank you!
Any specific reason you are interested in the cb400vtec? Are you interested in the super four, or Spec1 from 99 or Spec 2 from 2002? If you are a collector of these classic/vintage bikes I can understand your need.

This thread was started in 2007, and the post you quoted was also from 2007. It may have been a decent search at that time. Today, you have much better bikes, that are affordable as well. In 2007 OP was willing to pay 2.5L for a ZZR400. today, the KTM duke, or the Honda CB300R cost less (inflation adjusted) can outperform the cb400vtc with ease. Its also much easier to maintain bikes that are currently being locally produced.
Old 10th May 2019, 03:42   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutsyGibbon View Post
Any specific reason you are interested in the cb400vtec? Are you interested in the super four, or Spec1 from 99 or Spec 2 from 2002? If you are a collector of these classic/vintage bikes I can understand your need.

This thread was started in 2007, and the post you quoted was also from 2007. It may have been a decent search at that time. Today, you have much better bikes, that are affordable as well. In 2007 OP was willing to pay 2.5L for a ZZR400. today, the KTM duke, or the Honda CB300R cost less (inflation adjusted) can outperform the cb400vtc with ease. Its also much easier to maintain bikes that are currently being locally produced.
Hi GutsyGibbon,

Thank you !

I kinda had my eyes set on this bike from past 10 to 12 years and hence looking for one now that I can afford it.

Mesmerized by its simple looks and the wonderful soundtrack!
sharath1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2019, 19:45   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Regarding Honda bike it is restored 750 cc bike, 1976 year make. It is not a sporty bike. It looks Honda cbr 400 1984...Any way i am not interested in that bike. Please throw some light on Kawasaki ZZR 400.
Can you please tell me a bit more about this. You can PM me if you wish. Thanks.
Old 26th May 2019, 22:44   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Hey,

That bike has a problem in gear shifting. It creates lot of noise while shifting gears. Latlatlatlatlaaaaaaaaakakkkkkk.....The sound resembles old hero puch gear shifting sound. Regarding import duty papers he told he told it is with RTO and he does not have a xerox copy of that. First he refused to give me a ride and then he gave me.. thats it...What is the reason for that horrible sound?? While riding there is no problem. The engine is smooth. I clocked 140...Brakes are good. The only pronlem i noticed is gear shifting...all gears are having the same problem.....

Would recommend you to steer away from this bike, it may have a worn out clutch and thereby the declutching is not happening properly, you may get clutch parts but we don't know for how Long this problem has been there on the bike and this can cause the gear cogs to wear out.
The job itself is not very big but you will need the complete clutch plates/ pressure plates and the clutch bell which can set you back by a good 20k if not more.
Don't be in a hurry to buy, just be patient,and see as many bikes you can before you actually invest your money . I would also recommend you to take a very Long test ride in traffic ( at least 15-20km)before you buy any inline 4 or multi cylinder bike, they are prone to over heating,and can be very unpleasant experience when a bike overheats and crocks on you on a ride. Look for CBR600 of similar age as well, I have owned one in the past and they are absolute dream and will be in and around the same Budget of upto 3lakhs
Old 27th May 2019, 02:28   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjt2012 View Post
Would recommend you to steer away from this bike, it may have a worn out clutch and thereby the declutching is not happening properly, you may get clutch parts but we don't know for how Long this problem has been there on the bike and this can cause the gear cogs to wear out.
The job itself is not very big but you will need the complete clutch plates/ pressure plates and the clutch bell which can set you back by a good 20k if not more.
Don't be in a hurry to buy, just be patient,and see as many bikes you can before you actually invest your money . I would also recommend you to take a very Long test ride in traffic ( at least 15-20km)before you buy any inline 4 or multi cylinder bike, they are prone to over heating,and can be very unpleasant experience when a bike overheats and crocks on you on a ride. Look for CBR600 of similar age as well, I have owned one in the past and they are absolute dream and will be in and around the same Budget of upto 3lakhs
You have responded to a 12 year old post
Old 28th May 2019, 20:17   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
You have responded to a 12 year old post

Oops, that was really stupid of me, didn't realise it. Sorry all.
Old 1st June 2019, 19:49   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Regarding Honda bike it is restored 750 cc bike, 1976 year make. It is not a sporty bike. It looks Honda cbr 400 1984...Any way i am not interested in that bike. Please throw some light on Kawasaki ZZR 400.

The Honda was probably a CB750 K6.

The CB750 is one of the most iconic bikes made in the last 60 years.

A "barn find" one in the UK needing a full restoration would cost you 3 lacs. A good condition K6 can cost more than a brand new Triumph Street Triple now!

I hope somebody got to buy that bike and cherish it - I would not choose a ZZR400 over that in a month of Sundays!

Last edited by Rob UK : 1st June 2019 at 19:51.
Rob UK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 10:03   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob UK View Post
The Honda was probably a CB750 K6.

The CB750 is one of the most iconic bikes made in the last 60 years.

A "barn find" one in the UK needing a full restoration would cost you 3 lacs. A good condition K6 can cost more than a brand new Triumph Street Triple now!

I hope somebody got to buy that bike and cherish it - I would not choose a ZZR400 over that in a month of Sundays!
I'd be happy the lad did not land himself the CB. Perhaps it should go to a more discerning owner.
BowMan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks