Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2019, 17:11   #31
BHPian

Re: Kawasaki unveils the all-new 2019 ZX6R 636! Now launched at 10.49L

I had a short test ride on one this past weekend. I need to take it out for a longer spin, but, these are my initial thoughts

1) I absolutely loved the way the bike looked.
2) The suspension was supposedly on its stiffest setting, but boy was it great!
3) The brakes felt great, but in no ways did I push their performance, or even scratch the surface
4) Wish it came with braided lines. That needs to be a mod
5) The fuelling did seem to have a few gremlins, but, nothing that one can't get used to
6) The 1st gear is way to mental for the city. It's only use is to get the bike moving and shove into second. Point No 5 makes it a bit of a pain in B2B traffic
7) The weight on my wrist was a killer. No ways would this be a bike I could ride for more than an hour or so (?)
8) That sound, boy oh boy! Nothing sounds like a Kwacker
9) Wish it had a blipper
10) Not only is the instrument cluster dated, as others have pointed out, but I found everything but the Rev counter difficult to read

Prima Facie I really liked it, would buy one in a heart beat, but, as an only bike, and, my six pack lending more towards the one obtained from libations, I can't imagine it being a first big bike. The heart pulls to the kwacker, but both the heart and head are pulling me towards the Striple RS. Maybe a second bike if I had the funds! What do you guys think?

Last edited by imp! : 2nd December 2019 at 17:16.
Old 2nd December 2019, 18:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kawasaki unveils the all-new 2019 ZX6R 636! Now launched at 10.49L

The middle weight performance category is dying a slow death but Kawasaki with this ZX6R is keeping it alive and happening for now.

This is a very competent machine and pretty much ticks all the boxes but only for a person looking to get the most out of a machine like this.

It is not your everyday machine though. It is cramped, has an extreme riding position and bites you at slow speed because it is not happy doing those speeds. Basically a waste if used for local office runs and house hold errands.

I had a great time twisting its ears on one of the rides but that was it and I was glad to get back on my old girl and ride home.

So, there are far better alternatives available that will do the trip to the market but still put a smile on your face sunday morning when you go WOT.

Last edited by bigron : 2nd December 2019 at 18:07.
bigron is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks