Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2020, 20:01   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: EICMA 2018: Yamaha unveils all new Ténéré 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
Yep. Sad but true. I guess it has'nt landed even in the US...are all the reviews from canada ?
And where is this bike made? Japan? If they can make it in Thailand wee might have a fat chance of getting one. I think mt-07 is made there but not sure.

Japs have always given us Indians the step motherly treatment. They're only changing their ways after the Euros barged in. I think its more a case of pensioners running the show than accountants at Yamaha India.

anywho I think i'll go pay the ktm dealer a visit this monday after the lockdown ends here. Try out the 390adv. My only grouse is i'll have two bikes with the same engine. Well, Beggars cant be too picky.
Bike has landed in the States, people have bought them. Youtubers are out. Yes, they are made in Japan just like the Africa Twin. Even if this bike comes here, it will probably be priced like an exotic. Canada bikes aren't out yet for deliveries...i know someone there who is pissed he hasn't got his white 390 adventure and is looking towards the Tenere now.

I do feel that the KTM carries its weight better low down compared to the 700 which is pretty high up. Between the two, i would still get the 790 adventure. Or maybe the Norden concept. With a big bike that weighs over 200 kgs and you don't want to be on the road all the time,that weight being as low as possible is a huge advantage that's well worth the money.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 21:38   #17
BHPian

Re: EICMA 2018: Yamaha unveils all new Ténéré 700

I think both the 790 and T7 have their pros and cons. Yes the 790 carries its weight low but is crammed with too much electronics for my taste..same goes for the 390 adv.

Off topic: I tried the desert sled some six months ago just for giggles. I did think long and hard. But the thing was too tail happy, I mean i dont mind a bike that steps out once a while but this thing was a beast with a capital B off-road. Was power sliding with just about 2mm of throttle opening and knowing myself ,it could have ended very badly. That, the comical tank range and the exposed front cylinder heads kept from plonking 11 big ones. Oh well, the search continues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks