Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2018, 12:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ducati launches 'Ducati Approved' pre-owned bike business

Ducati has announced the launch of its pre-owned bike business in India called Ducati Approved. In addition to pre-owned bikes, the programme will offer extended warranty and road side assistance.

Ducati launches 'Ducati Approved' pre-owned bike business-ducati-approved.jpg

Ducati Approved certification will be given only to bikes that are less than 5 years old and with a certified mileage no more than 50,000 km. The company claims that all motorcycles sold under this programme will go through a 35-step technical certification process.

Bikes sold under Ducati Approved will come with a 1-year extended warranty coverage, which will be transferable in case of sale. The warranty covers cost of materials and labour charges. Ducati is also offering roadside assistance on pre-owned bikes as well.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th December 2018, 13:31   #2
BHPian

Ducati announces Ducati Approved, platform for pre-owned Ducati motorcycles

From Ducati India's Instagram account:

"We're delighted to announce the launch of Ducati Approved, a platform for certified pre-owned Ducati motorcycles checked by qualified technicians."

https://preowned.ducati.com/models/in/en/home
marcussantiago is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2018, 14:25   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ducati launches 'Ducati Approved' pre-owned bike business

Useful links:

- http://approved.ducati.com/en_in/
- https://preowned.ducati.com/models/in/en/home
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2018, 17:38   #4
Team-BHP Support

3 bikes in total at Gurgaon is what I see, most likely demo ones. I have not seen any car manufacturer except Maruti succeeding in the resales business, so this will most likely flop. Not aware if Hero or Honda do have something similar but they stand better chances.

Nevertheless an effort in the right direction from Ducati

Last edited by Turbanator : 15th December 2018 at 17:56.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2018, 11:50   #5
BHPian

Good effort but has Ducati sold enough bikes in India to have a thriving seconds market?
timuseravan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2018, 12:08   #6
Senior - BHPian

It sucks that the certification will be given only to bikes less than 5 years old. That means that if one wants a Ducati sport-bike, they will be relegated to choosing from the Panigale series which doesn't look as stylish in my opinion. Rather the Panigale series looks over styled. My plan for the upcoming year is to save up enough cash for a good 848 preferably a Corse SE but considering how rare they are, I might have to settle for an Evo
IshaanIan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 09:29   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

This is a good move by Ducati because in India their bikes are depreciation disasters and are very tough to sell in the second hand market. Ducati owners are sitting on their for sale bikes and expecting the de facto bug bike depreciation will be applicable whereas potential buyers in the second hand market are wary of Ducati's service costs and finally the bike remains unsold. Also some (all?) Ducati engines have a valve clearance adjustment which is done at around 30,000 kms (to my knowledge) and that is expensive and might cost around Rs 45,000 from what I hear. Ducati has been in India long enough in this stint to realize that all these factors are impacting dealership sales as well.

Through this Ducati approved pre owned model, the company can try to control the resale value of their bikes in the second hand market and hence push dealer sales. Win win for them.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2018, 10:37   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Not aware if Hero or Honda do have something similar but they stand better chances.
Honda does have its certified preowned program called Honda Best Deal through separate showrooms. The vehicles come with a 6 month warranty and 2 free services. They seem aimed at the mass market though.
Link

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks