Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2019, 12:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

2019 Triumph Street Twin & Street Scrambler launched

Triumph has launched its 2019 Street Twin and Street Scrambler in India. The bikes are priced at Rs. 7.45 lakh and Rs. 8.55 lakh (ex-showroom, India) respectively. Both models will be imported into the country as completely knocked down units (CKD).

2019 Triumph Street Twin & Street Scrambler launched-image-8-770x770.jpg

The 2019 Street Twin and Street Scrambler share the same tubular steel cradle frame. The Street Twin has a wheelbase of 1,415 mm and the seat height is 760 mm. The bike weighs 198 kg (dry weight) and is fitted with a 12-litre fuel tank. The Street Scrambler has a slightly longer wheelbase (1,445 mm) and the seat is set at a height of 790 mm. It is 5 kg heavier than the Street Twin.

2019 Triumph Street Twin & Street Scrambler launched-dp3_2019_m_bike_500x858.jpg

The Street Twin is a retro-style street bike featuring a circular headlamp, flat seat and twin upswept exhausts. It gets 18-inch alloys in the front and 17-inch alloy wheels in the rear. The Scrambler gets twin side-mounted exhausts and 19-inch wire spoke wheels at the front and 17-inch at the rear. Both bikes ride on 41 mm KYB forks and KYB twin shock absorbers at the front and rear respectively.

2019 Triumph Street Twin & Street Scrambler launched-ssfamilybeautyfeatureblock770x770px.jpg

Both the Street Twin and Scrambler are powered by the same 900cc, parallel twin-cylinder engine that produces 64.1 BHP @ 7,500 rpm and 80 Nm of torque @ 3,800 rpm. The engine is mated to a 5-speed gearbox via a torque assist clutch. There are two riding modes - Road and Rain. The Scrambler gets an additional Off-road riding mode which turns off ABS and traction control.

2019 Triumph Street Twin & Street Scrambler launched-ssfamilydualimageblocklarge950x1200px.jpg

The bikes come with a single 310 mm disc brake with a 4-piston caliper at the front. At the rear, the Street Twin gets a 220 mm disc, while the Scrambler gets a 255 mm disc paired with 2-piston calipers.

Other features include ride-by-wire, USB charging, tyre pressure monitoring, switchable ABS and traction control.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 21st February 2019 at 12:16.
TusharK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 13:13   #2
BHPian

Re: 2019 Triumph Street Twin & Street Scrambler launched

That is a delicious price tag for these awesome machines. The excellence of both these bikes however puts the buyer in a dilemma, should it be the classical Street Twin or the neo-retro Street Scrambler.
A comparo between the Triumph Street Scrambler and Ducati Scrambler would be one for the ages..
docprashant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 13:32   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by docprashant View Post
That is a delicious price tag for these awesome machines.
Not delicious enough.

I'm of the personal opinion that Royal Enfield ran away with that market, by pricing their competitor at just 2.25L. Ofcourse - the Triumphs are better in every little sense, but how many will spend almost four times the amount as the RE? Only time will tell.

You can see comments from Bonnie owners on the RE thread about how close they come in terms of feel.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 13:38   #4
Team-BHP Support

Wasn't scrambler supposed to come with the bigger engine?
Old 21st February 2019, 13:41   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Not delicious enough.

I'm of the personal opinion that Royal Enfield ran away with that market, by pricing their competitor at just 2.25L. Ofcourse - the Triumphs are better in every little sense, but how many will spend almost four times the amount as the RE? Only time will tell.

You can see comments from Bonnie owners on the RE thread about how close they come in terms of feel.
I took test ride of 2018 Street Twin and RE Interceptor back to back (well with my Duke taking me to the showrooms ) and I could not see one single reason for paying 3x the price for the Street Twin. And 5x the servicing costs not to mention the much pricier spares and parts.

The build quality of the Triumph is definitely much better than RE but apart from that the ride quality is almost the same. The power, power delivery, the gear box, suspension, comfort shows hardly any difference between the two.

Now I am waiting for test rides of 2019. Hopefully more power results in better ride for Triumph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Wasn't scrambler supposed to come with the bigger engine?
That is the Scrambler 1200 which would be much more expensive.

Last edited by timuseravan : 21st February 2019 at 13:42.
timuseravan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 13:52   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

A scrambler from RE based on the 650 twin engine will definitely force my wallet open.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks