Team-BHP - The story of my Valentine's day gift - 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   The story of my Valentine's day gift - 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/207268-story-my-valentines-day-gift-2019-kawasaki-ninja-1000-a-2.html)

Many Congratulations for the N1. It sure is an extremely VFM proposition considering its wide range of abilities. :thumbs up

A close friend, who was about to pick up a GSX1300R, zeroed onto the Ninja 1000 as the Busa lacked the electronics and the seating position was a tad more committed for some occasional longish rides.

The Ninja sure is more mature than any other motorcycle in that price range. I am sure you would love doing some long rides too, considering the big Kawa is a comfortable sports-tourer (gel seats can make it even better) and it can pack in a lot of luggage as well.

Do get the necessary crash protection for the motorcycle and if you don't have any aversion, invest in good quality leather riding gear. An additional set of mesh riding gear for summers would be excellent.

Ride Safe and Happy mile-munching ! clap:

I finally got some time this weekend to work on the bike. First thing I did was to remove the sari guard. I also installed the RAM mount and a few things I got from Aliexpress.

No sari guard
The story of my Valentine's day gift - 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000-no_sari_guard.jpg

Front brake fluid reservoir cover
The story of my Valentine's day gift - 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000-front.jpg

Rear brake fluid reservoir cover
The story of my Valentine's day gift - 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000-rear.jpg

Side stand extension
The story of my Valentine's day gift - 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000-side.jpg

Fork stem RAM mount (Link in first post)
The story of my Valentine's day gift - 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000-ram.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by KkVaidya (Post 4556343)
BTW, why are you keeping the rear view mirrors folded?

I keep the mirrors folded when the bike is parked since they are quite wide and when folded nothing/no one will accidentally hit them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpaul (Post 4556367)
Bytheway, I would like to ask what is that contraption on your Dominal? Looks like a pilion back rest but I am not sure. Could you please post a pic of that, although it may be off-topic requesting Dominar's pic in your Ninja thread.

That is a pillion back rest from Lluvia Industries: https://www.lluvia.in/bajaj-dominar-backrest.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 (Post 4556506)
Totally DONT agree lol: That inline-4 is begging for a proper FS exhaust - Akrapovic or TBR.

I'm with CrAzY dRiVeR on this one, I feel the current exhaust volume is perfect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohansrides (Post 4556655)
On that note, at some point, I am fairly sure that you will exchange this bike for that Multi. Nothing beats the Multis and the Tigers of the world for 2 up touring.

Maybe someday when I'm older :)

Quote:

But, you would be interested to know that there's a big faction out there that likes Kawasaki, but just cannot get themselves to buy a bike due to that green. It really is such a polarizing color.

Oh yes, a close friend of mine who owns a Ninja 300 hates the Kawasaki green and was happy when Kawasaki launched the KRT color option for the N300 in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarik.arora (Post 4557021)
I am sure your wife is aware that, with this gift, your valentine will changestupid:

I wouldn't dare :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M (Post 4557271)
Do get the necessary crash protection for the motorcycle and if you don't have any aversion, invest in good quality leather riding gear. An additional set of mesh riding gear for summers would be excellent.

Thanks! I have ordered some protection for the bike and will get them fitted once they arrive. Coming to riding gear I'm not too sure about leather given how hot it gets here. Also it gets cold only for a couple of months in the year and that too is bearable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hells_Fury (Post 4555462)
Background and alternatives considered:
Ever since the Multistrada 950 was announced I had been eagerly waiting for the India launch. I even test rode the Multistrada 1200 in low power (urban, I believe) mode to get a feel for the bike. On the same day I also test rode the Triumph Tiger 800 XRx. For some reason I was not happy with the Tiger. I cannot pinpoint the exact reason but the bike didn't "feel right" for me. On the other hand, I was absolutely impressed by the Multistrada. I had also test ridden the Versys 650 sometime earlier and I was impressed by it too but I wanted more power even though I might end up never using it stupid:. I made up my mind then to get the Multistrada 950 once it was launched. However due to various reasons which I will not go into here I had to drop my plans of buying a bike but the itch still remained. In between then and now I had almost given up on riding thanks to various reasons. I sold my CBR 250 and was without a bike for over a year. I got a Dominar in December 2017 mainly for city duties. I still have her and will keep her for office commutes and other errands.

Towards the end of 2018 I revived my plans and decided to get the Multistrada 950 during Diwali of 2019. I wasn't even considering anything else at that time. But then somehow the Ninja 1000 caught my attention and I was then confused on what to get. I read dkaile's brilliant thread multiple times. The Ninja 1000 was more powerful and still cheaper, and it had an inline 4 engine to boot. But somehow my heart was set on the Multistrada 950. Coming to February once the plan was finalized I eventually decided to get the Ninja 1000 itself. As mentioned earlier it was a rare victory for the mind over the heart.

Hey Hells_Fury, Congratulations on buying one of the best bikes for long distance riding clap:

On the alternatives front, I know you considered the Multistrada and the Tiger mainly because that is what is available in the market in the said price band, I believe the best alternative to compare N1000 is either a Suzuki GSX-S1000F (available in India) or a Yamaha FJR (Not available in India).

Did you consider the Suzuki GSX-S1000F?

How about the Versys 1000?

-Sunil

Congrats on the N1000! I own the same one. Its a great bike.

Quote:

FYI, as someone who rides distances rather than speeds, I am tempted to consider the N1000. But, then it's visual bulk gives me pause as I typically like naked bikes that look elemental. Personally, I think Kawasaki makes wonderful machines. Now, if only they had more offerings that didn't have that God-awful green. :cool: I am sorry, I know you said that you liked Kawa Green. But, you would be interested to know that there's a big faction out there that likes Kawasaki, but just cannot get themselves to buy a bike due to that green. It really is such a polarizing color.

Happy miles to you.

P. S.

It comes in black too.

Quote:

Now, if only they had more offerings that didn't have that God-awful green. :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCelestial (Post 4559198)
It comes in black too.

While the N1000 comes in green and black, I feel for you Mohan. Color options are limited not just in India, but globally too.

Even though the buyer can easily get it wrapped in another color of choice, there is the legal issue here since changing the color of the vehicle is strictly prohibited in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunilch (Post 4559051)
I believe the best alternative to compare N1000 is either a Suzuki GSX-S1000F (available in India) or a Yamaha FJR (Not available in India).

-Sunil

Suzuki stopped selling S1000F in India - probably no takers for it. I havent seen one on Blr roads. Another alternate to N1000 is Ducati Supersport - but then again its way more expensive.

Quote:

I did not, the bike didn't really appeal to me.

Quote:

I actually was considering the old Versys 1000 for some time but then it was discontinued to make way for the new model. I somehow don't like the looks of new model and I certainly don't like it in white.

Congrats on the wonderful bike, probably the best VFM Sport Tourer on the planet.

Of course, for long distance touring the pillion comfort is one thing I would presume you may have to give some thought & customize. Anyway as long as your long haired general is comfortable, thats what matters:) Also if considering saddle bags, going by the ST DNA of the bike, hard saddlebags will be in order. Again its a personal choice.

Wish you many many enjoyable miles of fun and adventure.

Ride safe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haroon (Post 4559357)
Of course, for long distance touring the pillion comfort is one thing I would presume you may have to give some thought & customize.

If I do decide to get the gel seats I'll surely get one for my pillion too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haroon (Post 4559357)
Also if considering saddle bags, going by the ST DNA of the bike, hard saddlebags will be in order. Again its a personal choice.

I hope to someday get the OEM panniers.

What a lovely bike, Hells_Fury! Congratulations!

A friend of mine recently picked up the Ninja 300 and riding it was an amazing experience (obviously, since I ride a 125cc CB Shine), so I can only imagine how good riding the Ninja 1000 feels!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hells_Fury (Post 4557478)
I finally got some time this weekend to work on the bike. First thing I did was to remove the sari guard.
No sari guard

Are there no legal implications associated with this? (Especially since it's for "safety") I thought we were legally bound to have saree guards on all motorcycles.

Once again, that's a beautiful machine, and I wish you many happy miles. Ride safe.

Regards,
boniver

It is an Indian specialty RTO requirement. So that when you go sabzi shopping with mom in the back, her saree or dupatta doesn't get sucked into the wheel or rear sprocket careening you and a ninja 1k into the mandi.

Sabzi shopping first. Cross continental rides later.

My Z900 never came with a saree guard (thankfully). None of my bikes has one and Karnataka RTOs don't require saree guards even during registration, as far as I know. It should be an option, not a requirement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Mad_Hatter (Post 4560156)
My Z900 never came with a saree guard (thankfully). None of my bikes has one and Karnataka RTOs don't require saree guards even during registration, as far as I know. It should be an option, not a requirement.

Z900 is a CBU and doesn't have to go through the amalgamation process in RTO. So it won't have a saree guard. The other bikes manufactured and assembled here need to have one due to the RTO mandate.

Got my first service completed at 985 KM at the Kawasaki service center in Jayanagar. The service itself was pretty simple and took less than an hour once the work actually started. I reached the service center at 9 AM (which was too early, they open only by 10) and was out by 12:30 PM. The bike was washed, engine oil and oil filter were replaced, chain was lubricated and chain slack was adjusted. The only extra thing I got done was the fitment of the power socket for which I was charged Rs. 295/- for labor.

Service bill:
The story of my Valentine's day gift - 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000-bill.jpg

Got the power socket fitted during the service. I got it from dkaile, please contact him in case you are interested too.
The story of my Valentine's day gift - 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000-socket.jpg

Congrats on your purchase Hell's fury. Gorgeous looking bike. Could you tell us more about what made you go for the ninja instead of the multistrada? How is the touring comfort of the bike? Is the riding position much aggressive similar to supersport or something like a duke's? I see Kawasaki offer a gel seat as a replacement for the long rides. That should help I guess.