Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2019, 19:38   #31
BHPian

Re: The story of my Valentine's day gift - 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterPatrol View Post
Congrats on your purchase Hell's fury. Gorgeous looking bike. Could you tell us more about what made you go for the ninja instead of the multistrada? How is the touring comfort of the bike? Is the riding position much aggressive similar to supersport or something like a duke's? I see Kawasaki offer a gel seat as a replacement for the long rides. That should help I guess.
Thank you! There were a couple of reasons to choose the N1k over the multi: price and the inline 4 vs twin engine. Touring comfort is excellent, I have only done one long ride of around 460KM and other than a sore behind towards the end I was perfectly fine. Riding position is in between that of a supersport and the multi. It's very similar to the CBR 250R actually. I do plan to upgrade to the gel seats but the only thing holding me back is that I do not want the seat height to increase. A height increase will mess up the riding position for me unless I add handlebar risers too. I am managing with padded bicycle shorts for now, they have made a big difference.
Hells_Fury is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 22:22   #32
BHPian

[ I am managing with padded bicycle shorts for now, they have made a big difference.[/quote] Nice hack! Must try this one out. Thanks
MonsterPatrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 19:34   #33
BHPian

Been a long time since I updated this thread. I finally got the Kawasaki OEM accessories that I had ordered after more than 2 months of waiting. Kindly excuse the fact that the bike is dirty, these pics were clicked after a ride in the rain.

Frame Sliders
The story of my Valentine's day gift - 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000-framesliders.jpg

Fork Protectors
The story of my Valentine's day gift - 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000-frontaxle.jpg

Smoked Windscreen
The story of my Valentine's day gift - 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000-smokedwindscreen.jpg

In addition I also got the following fitted:

Givi ST602 tank bag
The story of my Valentine's day gift - 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000-tankbag.jpg

Exhaust Sliders from AliExpress
The story of my Valentine's day gift - 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000-exhaustslider.jpg

Kawasaki OEM Panniers ordered from www.bikegear.in. Worked out way cheaper than what the dealer was quoting.
The story of my Valentine's day gift - 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000-panniers.jpg

I've been on a few rides, longest one being Bangalore - Ooty - Sagar - Bangalore. Not been riding too much due to various other commitments. The bike continues to impress me with her highway prowess. The exhaust note has settled down and sounds wonderful now, I do not see the need for an aftermarket exhaust at all. Current odo reading is a little more than 3200 KM. Here are a few pics from some of my rides.

Somewhere on the way to Krishnagiri
The story of my Valentine's day gift - 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000-ride-1.jpg

Masinagudi
The story of my Valentine's day gift - 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000-ride-2.jpg

Ooty
The story of my Valentine's day gift - 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000-ride-3.jpg

Sakleshpur (This was a group ride with BangaloreBikers, there were 35+ bikes in total)
The story of my Valentine's day gift - 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000-ride-4.jpg

That's all for now folks!
Hells_Fury is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 19:14   #34
BHPian

Got some practical upgrades for the bike. Have only done around 200 KM or so after installing these so these are only my initial impressions. I installed all of them myself.

1. Grip Puppies handlebar grips
These have really reduced the buzz on the handlebars. Earlier after a spirited ride I used to feel the buzz in my hands once I stopped but not any more. Got these from https://shop.motousher.com/products/...n-grip-puppies. They are slightly longer than required so I had to cut them down to size.

The story of my Valentine's day gift - 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000-leftgrip.jpgThe story of my Valentine's day gift - 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000-rightgrip.jpg

2. Murph's Kits handlebar risers
These claim to raise the clip-on's by 1.5 inches and pull them back by 0.5 inches. I find them to be really comfortable for my height. There's no more pressure on my wrists. Got these directly from the murph's kits website - https://www.murphskits.com/product_i...h12z3LIcGDc4z0

The story of my Valentine's day gift - 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000-murph1.jpgThe story of my Valentine's day gift - 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000-murph2.jpg

3. Puig racing windscreen
I found the stock windscreen inadequate for my height and riding position. There was too much buffeting and wind noise for my liking. The day I rode with the Puig, it was very windy with a lot of cross winds too so I couldn't really judge if it made a difference. It is taller than the stock windscreen so there should be some increase in protection. It has also completely transformed the looks of the bike, she looks much meaner now.

The story of my Valentine's day gift - 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000-puiginstalled.jpg

Lowest Position
The story of my Valentine's day gift - 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000-puiglowest.jpg

Highest Position
The story of my Valentine's day gift - 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000-puighighest.jpg

Comparison with stock
The story of my Valentine's day gift - 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000-puigvsstock1.jpg
The story of my Valentine's day gift - 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000-puigvsstock2.jpg
Hells_Fury is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks