Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2020, 08:48   #106
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Superbikes & Imports Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Dea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Any discounts on Versys 650 / x300?
Why not consider the 790 over the Versys 650 at these prices? It can easily do the kind of touring Versys can.

The VStrom is being offered at 0% financing, that is a good buy as well.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 10th March 2020 at 08:49. Reason: Typo
Old 10th March 2020, 08:51   #107
Team-BHP Support

Re: The "NEW" Superbikes & Imports Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Dea

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
Why not consider the 790 over the Versys 650 at these prices?
Reliability? Hearing some major complaints with the 790 Duke and complaints about no support / technical knowledge from the dealers.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 09:04   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Why not consider the 790 over the Versys 650 at these prices? It can easily do the kind of touring Versys can.

The VStrom is being offered at 0% financing, that is a good buy as well.
What are you on? Pass some over

Nothing even comes close to the suspension on the Versys. What kind of touring are you talking about? Breakfast rides? That's all you can do with the 790 duke unless you do 3 hours of yoga a day.
Red Liner is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 12:22   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Reliability? Hearing some major complaints with the 790 Duke and complaints about no support / technical knowledge from the dealers.
That is a shame. I'm seriously tempted by the offer, but if there is minimal support and technical issues, it may not be worth indulging in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
What are you on? Pass some over

Nothing even comes close to the suspension on the Versys. What kind of touring are you talking about? Breakfast rides? That's all you can do with the 790 duke unless you do 3 hours of yoga a day.

Haha Chai and Gujju food bro. You know the door is always open!!
I figure the average human shouldn't be riding more than 500 (700?) kms in the plains and 280 in the mountains on a given day and do that over 7-10 hours with a brake every couple of hours at a minimum. Shouldn't the 790 be good enough for that? Maybe get a touring seat and a better windshield.
I find the Versys to be too top heavy for my liking. For and out and out tourer, the kind of thing you like doing, I've been very impressed with the Vstorm. A friend has one that he's been doing a lot of highways and back country on and he grows to appreciate it more with every passing day. I've been very, very impressed with what it has to offer.
imp! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 12:28   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I figure the average human shouldn't be riding more than 500 (700?) kms in the plains and 280 in the mountains on a given day and do that over 7-10 hours with a brake every couple of hours at a minimum. Shouldn't the 790 be good enough for that? Maybe get a touring seat and a better windshield.
I find the Versys to be too top heavy for my liking. For and out and out tourer, the kind of thing you like doing, I've been very impressed with the Vstorm. A friend has one that he's been doing a lot of highways and back country on and he grows to appreciate it more with every passing day. I've been very, very impressed with what it has to offer.
You should go out and do 700 kms.on the trot on our beloved highways on a street naked and then come back here and post. And do that consecutive for three days in a row (like a bangalore delhi trip).

You will then appreciate what the versys and how you rightly said what the vstrom offers.

A bike is more than just a touring seat and a windshield. There are things like ergos, gearing, sprockets, fuel range, fairing based weather protection (makes an insane difference, trust me).

Btw i am not an out and out tourer. I hate the national highways. I much prefer back country roads and trail exploration when on a long drawn trip. As much off the NH as possible.

Yeah send those magic theplas over lol!

Last edited by Red Liner : 10th March 2020 at 12:35.
Red Liner is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 14:19   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
You should go out and do 700 kms.on the trot on our beloved highways on a street naked and then come back here and post. And do that consecutive for three days in a row (like a bangalore delhi trip).

Yeah send those magic theplas over lol!
Not sure how a daily dose of 700 klicks would pan out. I don't have it in me to do more than 500 a day on a bike, especially over several days. In any case, I'd prefer to do cross country in my non-existent BMW or my trusty decade old Laura. It just feels that the 790 is the best suited naked for touring in India given it's moto roots and KTM service network. Although if there are major reliability and training issues, that is somewhat negated.

Just Theplas don't work. Its got to be the full monty with Dhoklas, Chaat etc. For that, you gots to come over!
imp! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 15:23   #112
BHPian

The discounts given by Kawasaki are valid for payments made by certain time lines as indicated below:

The "NEW" Superbikes & Imports Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-capture.jpg
NH08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 17:11   #113
BHPian

Called one of the KTM dealership Owners in Gujarat from whom I got the 390. He said he doesn't have any 790's in stock and will check if he can get me the bike and if yes - at what price

Its unfortunate the 790 doesn't have bluetooth compatibility with the dashboard while my 390 does. I will miss the ability to pick up calls and change songs while on multi state rides

Last edited by rahul4321 : 11th March 2020 at 17:12.
Old 14th March 2020, 16:13   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4321 View Post
Called one of the KTM dealership Owners in Gujarat from whom I got the 390. He said he doesn't have any 790's in stock and will check if he can get me the bike and if yes - at what price

Its unfortunate the 790 doesn't have bluetooth compatibility with the dashboard while my 390 does. I will miss the ability to pick up calls and change songs while on multi state rides
Found one. If I make up my mind this weekend, Will be moving quick on Monday to get the booking across and the funds transferred. The KTM Powerpart for Bluetooth connectivity (similar to the 390) is priced at around 12k rupees.
rahul4321 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2020, 01:55   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4321 View Post
Found one. If I make up my mind this weekend, Will be moving quick on Monday to get the booking across and the funds transferred. The KTM Powerpart for Bluetooth connectivity (similar to the 390) is priced at around 12k rupees.
Wow , a friend was casually inquiring about this in Mumbai but no luck. What's the onroad price you are offered if you don't mind sharing?
Old 15th March 2020, 02:13   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post
Wow , a friend was casually inquiring about this in Mumbai but no luck. What's the onroad price you are offered if you don't mind sharing?
Ofcourse. It’s around 7.20 on road + 12k for the Bluetooth connectivity PowerPart
rahul4321 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2020, 17:09   #117
Senior - BHPian

Rs. 72,000 discount on Harley Davidson Street 750

Seven Islands Harley-Davidson in Mumbai is offering a discount of Rs. 72,000 on the 10th Anniversary Limited Edition Street 750. The bike is now priced at Rs. 4.75 lakh.

The "NEW" Superbikes & Imports Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-93110487_1324890227704522_4557247260705947648_n.jpg

The 10th Anniversary Street 750 was limited to just 300 units. It comes with a premium medallion and special graphics.

The Street 750 is powered by a BS6-compliant 749cc, liquid-cooled V-twin engine that produces 60 Nm @ 3,750 rpm. The engine is paired with a 6-speed gearbox. The bike has telescopic fork suspension at the front and twin shock absorbers at the rear. It comes with disc brakes at both ends and has dual-channel ABS.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th May 2020, 21:58   #118
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2018 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - The Comprehensive Review

Does anyone know if Kawasaki dealership still has such bs4 bikes for sale in Bangalore? I am looking for Kawasaki z650. If any one has any contacts kindly dm me
Old 8th May 2020, 00:32   #119
BHPian

Re: 2018 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - The Comprehensive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Does anyone know if Kawasaki dealership still has such bs4 bikes for sale in Bangalore? I am looking for Kawasaki z650.
As for as i know the last Z650 was sold by rideventure march 2nd week itself. There was one TD vehicle for sale though (Green Z650, 2018 model with around 6K odo + 30K worth accessaries + 2 Years Warranty + Fresh Service) they quoted around 5.6L on March 18th. He was asking me to make quick decision as the BS4 deadline was nearing.

I do have my own reservations about a TD vehicle so didn't bite it, and then covid-19 happened. I don't think they would could have sold.
katsumoto is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2020, 15:42   #120
BHPian

A TD vehicle makes sense buying only if you get a really good deal. 5.6l doesn't seem that good a deal. The only good thing is you will be the first owner. Kawasaki bikes are generally very reliable and the TD bike I rode was well maintained but the thought of hundreds of people having ridden your bike feels wierd IMO
bf1983 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks