Join Date: Feb 2004
Thanked: 156,678 Times
| | Guidelines for posting a motorcycle / scooter review on Team-BHP
Thank you for sharing your ownership review on Team-BHP; it will go on to help thousands of members & guests (including many potential owners of the vehicle
). Several of our member reviews have crossed over 100,000 views.
Please ensure that your ownership thread complies with the following conditions:
- Team-BHP doesn't permit merely booking or buying experience threads. For the benefit of members & guests alike, it is required that you include a complete report on the motorcycle / scooter.
- If you only want to announce your booking (without a review), this thread is for you. Once you are ready to compile a full ownership & riding report, only then should you create a new review thread.
- Please use the Assembly Line to compile your ownership report. This private section lets you edit your posts indefinitely and get your review perfect.
- Suggested areas that you may cover in your report (NOTE: It's only our suggestion, feel free to add or remove points as necessary):
- Point-wise likes & dislikes of your motorcycle / scooter (summary). Ideally, this would be at the very start of the thread & equal in number. This summary list of likes & dislikes is very, very important
- All the alternatives that were considered, and why you zeroed in on this particular bike / scooter
- Complete booking & delivery experience with the dealership
- On-road price & discounts
- Extended warranties & service packages chosen
- Be sure to list the engine type & variant you opted for
- The good and bad about its features
- Safety, electronic riding aids & related equipment
- Details on your riding gear
- Accessories installed (protection, storage, cellphone holders, aux lights, quick shifter...)
- Number of km at the time of writing your review
- Your usage pattern (e.g. 20 km daily in dense traffic, highway on weekends)
- Comments on the styling & design
- Overall build quality, fit & finish and paint quality
- Wheels & tyres
- Handlebar / switchgear / cluster design & quality (plastics, upholstery, fit & finish etc.)
- More details on the switchgear (e.g. kill switch, self-cancelling indicators)
- Space & comfort...for rider & pillion, both (seat support, upholstery etc.)
- Riding position, ergonomics, controls & MID
- Seat height and how it may or may not suit short / tall riders
- Visibility & size of mirrors
- How are the headlamps?
- Storage & practicality (including underseat storage). Can it carry the papers? How secure is it?
- Any other unique or noteworthy points
- Engine performance & driveability in the city
- Engine performance & driveability on the highway
- Additional comments on the engine (outright power, refinement, revv-happiness etc.)
- Exhaust note - satisfying? Not so?
- Overall opinion on the engine
- Is the heat from the engine felt excessively?
- Gearshift & clutch (smoothness, effort required, light or hard clutch etc.)
- If automatic: smoothness, responsiveness, lag etc.
- Overall NVH levels (including engine vibrations & wind blast)
- Fuel efficiency: City and Highway
- Fuel tank capacity & range. If electric, range at full charge & charging time. Also, availability & compatibility with public charging infrastructure
- Suspension & ride quality (at low as well as high speeds)
- Handling, on-road behaviour, grip levels, stability & turning radius
- Handling & braking with a pillion
- Weight of the bike / scooter (and if it's easy or difficult to manage)
- Offroad / trail performance (if adventure bike)
- Handlebar (size, lean, pressure on wrists, levers falling to hand easily etc.)
- Braking (effectiveness, feel...)
- Ground clearance
- Stand (ease, practicality, how stable on stand)
- Any particular likes (12v charging port, powerful headlights etc.)
- Any particular dislikes (weak horn, oil / coolant leaks etc.)
- Any niggles, problems or part replacements
- Quality of after-sales service & ease of warranty replacements
- Cost of upkeep & maintenance
- Anything else you wish to add about your 2-wheeler (feel free to include your family's observations too)
- Detailed pictures complementing your review
- Please be sure to post a balanced review that includes all the good and bad things about the vehicle. Members & Guests take Team-BHP Ownership Reviews VERY seriously and rely on them for purchase decisions. Request to ensure that your review is extremely neutral & unbiased. Accept a motorcycle / scooter for what it is, including the pros as well as the cons. This is the very principle that Team-BHP is built on.
Here's hoping that we can count on you for maintaining Team-BHP's unbiased stance & high quality content. Thank you
for the anticipated co-operation
Good luck & Ride Safe!
The Team-BHP Support