Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2019, 09:03   #1
BHPian

Triumph Bonneville recalled for defective wiring harness

If the information is already not known..mostly it is post 2016 manufactured bikes..

https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...n-india/33345/

Quote:
The issue pertains to the wiring harness in the headstock. According to Triumph, the clutch cable rubbing against the wiring harness leads to the wires getting damaged. This can cause electrical systems like the headlamp, turn indicator and in some case ignition system like the engine kill switch to malfunction. As a result of this, you cannot switch off the bike.

Last edited by GTO : 24th March 2019 at 09:59. Reason: Adding excerpt :)
madhukar_n is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2019, 14:11   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Triumph Bonneville recalled for defective wiring harness

The Triumph Bonneville T 100, owned by Mr Aditya Kapoor has already done a world tour flawlessly and could be a part of the recall list, for the defective wiring harness. I heard his talk and also spoke to him personally, but could not get any feedbacks about any negative effects due to the wiring harness vis a vis the clutch cable. He however did routine servicings and oil changes en route in various countries and there was no other problem reported by him during his world tour.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...neville-2.html (Aditya Kapoor: 35,000 km around the world on a Triumph Bonneville)
Old 23rd March 2019, 18:15   #3
BHPian

From the looks of it Aditya Kapoor's is the Triumph Bonneville T100(865)..what they call the A3..it is the air cooled.

I think the recall is for the liquid cooled bikes - the 900cc ones.
madhukar_n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2019, 21:16   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
From the looks of it Aditya Kapoor's is the Triumph Bonneville T100(865)..what they call the A3..it is the air cooled.

I think the recall is for the liquid cooled bikes - the 900cc ones.
Thanks for the info and only hope that a bike that has done a world tour flawlessly does'nt get recalled for whatever reason.
Old 24th March 2019, 10:04   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Triumph Bonneville recalled for defective wiring harness

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Thanks for the info and only hope that a bike that has done a world tour flawlessly does'nt get recalled for whatever reason.
When a recall is issued, it's not necessary that all examples on the road are affected, even if it's the exact same model that was recalled. As an example, one of my cars was part of a production batch that was recently recalled (link), but upon checking it, the service center confirmed that my car didn't have the EGR defect.

Sometimes, the defect is restricted to a partial number of the produced vehicles.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 11:54   #6
BHPian

Re: Triumph Bonneville recalled for defective wiring harness

As an owner I am glad mine is recalled before it went bad. Triumph twin owners have always seen it coming, let me get it rectified shall post the experience here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks