Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2007, 20:22   #31
Team-BHP Support

veyron, bike is scheduled to be at the mech tomm, doubt it had been tuned for a long time, the going off seemed more of a good tune up rand service requirement to me, i 'll have him have a look at the cable though, you guys know a lot more than i do.

manson.
Old 1st March 2007, 13:59   #32
Team-BHP Support

wogggayy, so its been a week or so since the bike is back form a service, oil filter change, oil change, topped up the coolant, the works.
Tyres should be around by the end of this month, any suggestions on that?

About the riding, after the correction in the tyre pressures, things feel a lot more comfortable now, wonder how planted it would feel with the new tyres.

So, i ride it to the Speedrun venue, and boy, it was amzing except the riding it back to bandra part, that was a sheer pain.
Past sion, and and i could comfortable manage to cruise at 100-120 kmph all the way to palm beach road where things got slightly faster, but it was almost under control most of the time, need some better eyewear as the wind is menacing at those speeds.

Did surprise myself a couple of time when i redlined it in the first gear and manage to pull it tight in the second too, no i didnt even try doing that in the higher gears.

Was a pain to keep checking on the bike all through the speedrun, but zakko, kooldude and a couple were sweet enough to go check on it for me a couple of times, sweet people they are.

Havent had much time on me recently to ride the bike, all these silly bikers are too busy too, one wants fresh paint on his bike, one has exams, another is abroad, busy people they are i tell you.

manson.
Old 1st March 2007, 14:12   #33
Team-BHP Support

to add, after the weekend ride, marine drive etc feel so crappy!!
and, new pictures of the ace in my garage!!

manson.
Old 1st March 2007, 14:27   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
need some better eyewear as the wind is menacing at those speeds.
This means without a helmet ?? Manson are you nuts ?
Old 1st March 2007, 15:35   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
I discussed this with him at the Speedrun. He says nothing much can be done and we cant argue with him on that.
I guess we cud custom build a helmet for our dearest Manson.

Last edited by nitrous : 1st March 2007 at 15:37.
Old 1st March 2007, 15:43   #36
Team-BHP Support

There is a helmet which a friend of mine used. This was the one used by AirForce guys. It should fit the bill if you are serious of using a helmet.
Old 1st March 2007, 15:47   #37
Team-BHP Support

seriosu about the helmet, moral where can i get one of those from.
Have found something thats close to perfect in terms of size, but its some cheap bangkok stuff. Will go to premji s sometime soon.

manson.
Old 1st March 2007, 15:50   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Ofcourse!! he was always!! Man!! that bikey needs a more sane rider!!!
Old 1st March 2007, 16:30   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
seriosu about the helmet, moral where can i get one of those from.
Have found something thats close to perfect in terms of size, but its some cheap bangkok stuff. Will go to premji s sometime soon.
manson.
The helmet I am talking about is very huge and used by the guys in Airforce. If you have any of your friends/relatives in the airforce then they can source one for you.
Old 2nd March 2007, 02:12   #40
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Manny, great purchase and even better if everything thats done is with caution even with your mechanics handling everything just make sure youre keeping an eye on each nut/bolt thats been opened and that your oil filter is secured correctly and stuff coz the thunders had a concern with that part earlier rest this thread should sort you out
http://thunderace.hadeler.net/service_manual/
just download the zip and youre done..take care and safe riding man,one more thing if you need to source parts im in Dubai lemme know I'll pick them up for you.Cheers!
Old 4th March 2007, 10:52   #41
BHPian

hey i agree with these guys totally man.you surely do need a helmet.especially after the ride from palm beach to the speed run venue i really felt so.not to mention the fun i had even following your bike on my ZMA,trust me every time u zipped past i used to scream in excitement,but also every time u did that i really used to feel why is this guy not wearin a helmet.and truly after a ride on those roads,marine drive and even reclamation seems to be miniatures.and even i felt u need to change your tyres soon man,they have almost lost their treads,wouldn't be good for monsoon.neways ride safe.cheers!!!
Old 18th March 2007, 23:10   #42
Team-BHP Support

Duplicate from the Bike Ride meet thread

With a little hesitation i finally got out of bed, freshened up, got everything in place and headed towards my motorycycle.

Got the fuel upto the brim, tyre pressures checked at another gas station and off i was armed with my motorcycle and helmet (yes helmet finally) by 7.15 a.m.
Headed towards Dutta Snacks, Panvel, i think about 50 odd kms from my place if not slightly more. Idea was to get some smooth surface through the Palm Beach road and the nice Panvel bypass.
Vacant roads, sun shining bright by now, the Devil Slipon can, the secure feeling of the helmet, everything felt great.

In no time i was at Vashi and now taking on the Palm Beach road. Had managed to keep the speed in the range of 80-100 kmph till Palm Beach where i did climb to the 180-185 range a couple of times.
Things cooled down again till i reached the Panvel bypass, where i had to hit the brakes real hard for a ditch in the middle of nowhere just where the bypass starts, guys watch out for this one, its just where the bridge ends on the way to Panvel.

Once the toll was gone, i knew i wanted to try a high speed run, and high speed it was, flirting with 180-190kmph, and hitting the needle to 200 kmph once for a couple of moments, it felt good, rather great.

Reached Dutta Snacks soon enough, got myself some fresh vada pav while someone chatted me up upon my ride. Was almost 8.25 a.m. by the time i started my journey backwards.

Felt incredible to hear my own voice inside the helmet after a good while of almost only the constant exhaust of the Inline four

Same riding characteristics followed and i was home just in time to catch a major chunk of the Australian Grand Prix.

Couple of things i learnt through this ride:
Stay away from Heavy Vehicles, they kick up some seriosu dudt which can hurt, overtake these asap.
Have try and not try cathching a glimpse of the speedo as often.
Check the tyre pressures checked before any serious riding.
Lastly, its not boring to be riding all alone

A handful of pictures to follow in a couple of days.

manson.
Old 20th March 2007, 12:53   #43
Senior - BHPian

Wow , must have been an incredible experience Manson . I cant imagine what those speeds must feel like on the ace or any other bike for that matter . Waiting for the pics .
Old 25th March 2007, 14:24   #44
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, manson. For you-know-what.

BTW, you might consider changing those tyres soon. The rear gives away pretty quickly. Even while upshifting at 150 kmph.

Although the bike feels bulky at first, she falls to hand pretty easily. Torque spread is nice and wide, but the real fun begins at 5K. 120 comes up pretty quick. Perhaps not Busa-quick, but fast nevertheless. Progress from 120-160, although not as keen as the initial thrust, is steady. For an ST, beautiful.

A wonderful all-rounder you have, bro. Take care of her. And please don't sell her anytime soon. At least not without telling me.....

Last edited by veyron1 : 25th March 2007 at 14:38. Reason: Typo.
Old 25th March 2007, 18:14   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron
The rear gives away pretty quickly. Even while upshifting at 150 kmph.
Let me guess.U upshifted and twisted the throttle like in an indian bike.

Most Viewed