Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2007, 02:55   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
P.S. C3PO seems like Hans Solo trained you well!!
Wonder which poor soul on TBHP that is, now. PS: it's Han, not Hans.
Old 27th March 2007, 11:08   #62
Team-BHP Support

180 kmph was speedo indicated, and i m guessing these articles will have true speeds.

manson.
Old 27th March 2007, 11:10   #63
Senior - BHPian

Like I said manson, not 180. 150 is comfortable in 2nd, where you upshift to 3rd, and voila- you're in the torque-zone. And you don't need to redline her to squeeze out max. velocity. Just upshift at about 9.5K, and you'll fall plum in the powerband, giving you enough shove to accelerate better; you'll save time...

The bike is pretty nimble, as it says in the article- I can vouch for that.

The article also confirms that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
Torque spread is nice and wide, but the real fun begins at 5K.
Although I wouldn't call the front suspension stiff. Those are rugged RSU forks. Great for rough riding, though it increases the offsprung weight.

P.S- I also don't think there would be a 15% speedo error, yaar. Yammie speedos aren't that inaccurate.

Last edited by veyron1 : 27th March 2007 at 11:12.
Old 27th March 2007, 11:34   #64
Team-BHP Support

well if you guys insist, it might have just been 160.
but to clear it whoever wants to sit pillion at a speedo indicated 180!!

manson.

EDIT
on another occasion i recall being at 160 kmph in second with another bhpian anku pillion and we had some revvs left, and it surely redlines in first at 120 kmph. And with that long a first i doubt the second would last only to 160 kmph.
This probably is insignificant talk, just clearing things up for 'flying zma'

Last edited by manson : 27th March 2007 at 11:47.
Old 27th March 2007, 11:58   #65
Senior - BHPian

I'll be glad to ride pillion. Provided we trade places at the return run for personal and technical verification......

Flying ZMA (ha..ha..) out.
Old 27th March 2007, 12:06   #66
Team-BHP Support

***sigh*** you guys just take the fun outa everything.
Old 27th March 2007, 12:30   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Thanks drifter, gogi and nikhil.
nikhil, where have you been, join in for the rides pal!!

manson .
Have been really really busy. Just sold my bike last week :(
Tryin to save up some serious money and hopefully within a couple of months find a great bike. Goodluck with your new baby.
Old 5th April 2007, 23:59   #68
Team-BHP Support

Contemplating on getting the rear tyre right now, or pulling through for a few weeks, packing the bike off through the monsoon, and starting all fresh next season with probably a new front tyre as well, suggestions awaited.

In the meanwhile, i think i have managed to find out the correct size of helmet i'm going to need, will get a fancy one once i'm through with my exams.

The riding is coming along fine, with slight amount of maturity creeping in everytime i ride, even a short one. Took a friend for a short ride a couple of days back. He had just come down and was all terrified to ride pillion, he actually thought i could pull of 'rash' on this thing, not even in the picture.
Anyways through the ride i noticed myself keeping the rpm s kinda low, in the region of 3k, and this was more or less maintained through the ride except a short stretch where i wanted my friend to realise what all the hype was about.

Off recently, I been more inclined towards riding to the outskirts, very contrary to what my initial plans were. The city roads are vacant sometimes, but the roads are incredibly bumpy, too many crossings, way too many vehicles just popping out from nowhere besides the pedestrains, hence strecthing the motorcycle's legs seems like a distant dream in the city atleast, now just maybe if I was putup in Delhi, it would be fun to ride even withing city limits on an early sunday morning.

Btw, have recently learnt of New Enough Motorcycle Apparel sells motorcycle jackets, pants and suits, boots, gloves, helmets, etc :: New Enough Motorcycle Apparel from RT, its a great site besides the minor breakdown they are experiencing since last evening.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 6th April 2007 at 00:04.
Old 26th April 2007, 18:33   #69
Team-BHP Support

cranked the ace last night to take it for a short spin, hadnt ridden for a quite a few days. to my horror it was idling at 3.5k RPM, waited for a couple of minutes, but nothing changed.
Put it into gear, and with a heavy khat sound it slid into gear with much hesitation and after a fraction of a second inched towards the 3k mark again.
Switched it off, all baffled with thoughts of a malfunctioning throttle cable to something to do with the valves. Called RT, tell him about it, he calmly asks me to check on the choke, must have been pulled up by some ignorant security guard, etc

Cranked it again, right he was, everything seemed back to normal, took off for a spin!!

One more tiny piece of knowledge for a noobie like me!!

manson.

Last edited by manson : 26th April 2007 at 18:38.
Old 26th April 2007, 18:41   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Called RT, tell him about it, he calmly asks me to check on the choke, must have been pulled up by some ignorant security guard, etc

Cranked it again, right he was, everything seemed back to normal, took off for a spin only to be put to test by a xeta!!
One more tiny piece of knowledge for a noobie like me!!
manson.
Manson your experience reminds me of an employee in my office who never wore a helmet but was seen with a helmet one evening at work. I questioned him about the helmet in his hand and said I was happy to see this. He told me that his bike is going very fast and its hard for him to control it. He rides a Pulsar 150. I voluntary offered to check his bike and to my surprise his bike was idling at 7.5k rpm. I wonder how he rode the bike for 15 continuous days. Adjusted the idle screw and it came down to 3.5k. I got confused with this and later found that his choke was on for the last 15 days. Ignorant he was since he only treats his vehicle as a mode of commute.
Old 26th April 2007, 19:01   #71
BHPian

Isnt the idling still high for Pulsar ?? My CBZ idles at just below 1K rpm. Maybe i am wrong or something but my RPM meter shows a tad below 1K rpm at idling.
Assuming idling is bike with engine on without touching the accelerator.
Old 27th April 2007, 13:06   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Adjusted the idle screw and it came down to 3.5k. I got confused with this and later found that his choke was on for the last 15 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Isnt the idling still high for Pulsar ?? My CBZ idles at just below 1K rpm. Maybe i am wrong or something but my RPM meter shows a tad below 1K rpm at idling.
Assuming idling is bike with engine on without touching the accelerator.

i'm assuiming moral meant that he found it wierd that the pulsar was idling at 3.5 even after adjusting the idle screw. and later found out that the choke was on, and hence even the 3.5k. that what you meant moral?

manson.
Old 28th April 2007, 01:03   #73
BHPian

Dude u still looking for tires or what? What do you ride on right now?
I ride on Michelin Pilot Powers. Sticky road legal tires.
How bad are your tires right now? For mumbai roads I think you can easily stretch it till the end of monsoon. I rode my Katana till the tire had started to tear off but thats coz I had no money at all as a student for a new tire.
Let us know what you decide (which tyre and all that) good luck
Old 28th April 2007, 11:50   #74
Senior - BHPian

man cant wait to ride one of these beasts man nice RED color, and a stunning ride! please give us your experiences after ripping her hard!
Old 28th April 2007, 13:31   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
Dude u still looking for tires or what? What do you ride on right now?
I ride on Michelin Pilot Powers. Sticky road legal tires.
How bad are your tires right now? For mumbai roads I think you can easily stretch it till the end of monsoon. I rode my Katana till the tire had started to tear off but thats coz I had no money at all as a student for a new tire.
Let us know what you decide (which tyre and all that) good luck
no, not looking for tyres for a while now, spent all the savings on something else
may get them next month, if not then after the monsoons.
brand, have heard equally good things about the pilot sports and the bt 014, will get whichever i get a better deal on. have been told to stay away from dunlops thoough.

manson.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks