Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2019, 23:18   #16
BANNED

Re: Honda CBR650R launched at Rs. 7.70 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
The launch of the new Honda CBR650R is a sign that the market is slowly but steadily maturing.
Exactly. I think the R is a better middle ground than the F. The F was a street motorcycle with a fairing. In any case, there aren't a lot of 650F owners using their motorcycle for touring/commuting. For a middleweight, track motorcycle that I can also use for commuting (if I felt like it,) this is a great solution. I'd never want to tour on such a big motorcycle due to their limited range. Seems like the perfect upscale alternative for the N650.

I look at it as a toned-down, more usable alternative to the 6R. The 6R has its own charm like the high-revving engine with two personalities. But the 650R is a very nice compromise for the price next to the 6R and a more feature-packed option compared to the N650.
MaheshY1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 08:16   #17
BHPian

This sure is a beauty of a bike. I have a feeling it will do reasonably well, for what it offers. I used to own the CBR250 for a period of time and it was a great starter bike. Good looks, Honda's legendary reliability and the cheap costs of its service and spares were its pluses. However, they should have separate dealerships and service centres for these big bikes. I guess they are doing this now with the Honda Big wings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
The launch of the new Honda CBR650R is a sign that the market is slowly but steadily maturing.

When we get to truly be a mature market, we will have buyers looking at each market offering for their respective merits and demerits and then making an informed purchase decision based on priorities. As the old saying goes, horses for courses.

It should carve a nice for itself in the Indian market. Im seeing an increasing number of buyers now make purchase decisions of new superbikes (I use this term loosely) based on service quality and overall perceived company support. Honda scores very well in these areas as well as lower service cost so far.
You have nailed it Neil. Absolutely true, especially the bit about horses for courses. In general, our crowd, expects one bike to do it all, but that is obviously asking for too much. The CBR650R certainly is not a touring bike and it makes no such pretence.

I am a big fan of Honda bikes and I am glad that they have launched this bike at the price-point. This bike is an absolutely beauty, it will be tough to choose between the red and the black. I already have an American juggernaut bike lying unused back home. If I were in India, I would have gone for the bike, possibly the black version without batting an eye. Thats because I feel the red paint scheme, has a little too much white in it, otherwise, I would have chosen the Honda red.

It is great to have the choices of bikes in India that we are getting today.

Cheerio!
alphadog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 15:24   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

OTR at 9,50,400 in Bangalore, deliveries for red in June and Black in July. Display bike to be available by mid of may, and no test drives till august.
AtheK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th April 2019, 23:18   #19
Senior - BHPian

The previous bike had an OTR of 8.5 lakhs so I guess the 60k difference is going to the stupid 5 year insurance rule.
Old 26th April 2019, 15:13   #20
BHPian

I remember over a decade ago, we would clamour for the want of the CBR600RR in India. I had myself written a letter to Honda Japan along with a bunch of other enthusiasts. 10 years on and look where we stand. We are getting the best in the business at a great price. Its a steal. The baby-blade is a winner all the way and oh my god that red colour. Smokinnn!!!
coolmel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2019, 17:02   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
I personally feel that this bike will end up in a no man's land - A tourer would find it too sporty where as someone looking at a 600cc supersport would find it not hardcore enough.
On the flip side, the full fairing + inline-4 craze of India may draw many people too.

I'm curious to hear the opinions of the riders here on the approach Honda took with this revision. Would the existing owners (most of whom are tourers) of 650F have bought this one if it was available when they bought theirs?
I have a CBR650F which I quite like - I will eventually upgrade but at the moment I am enjoying it. I bought it for it's versatility and the fact that it isn't a supersport (isn't too committed a seating position) and I like my bike with a fairing and a integrated windshield(look ma, no windblast). The new model adds to what I would have loved when I bought mine - better looking, traction control, slipper clutch! If I was in the market for a middle weight, I would buy the CBR650R again without a second thought.
animeshb is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th May 2019, 14:47   #22
Senior - BHPian

Honda CBR650R deliveries commence

Last month, Honda launched the new CBR650R in India. The bike is priced at Rs. 7.70 lakh (ex-showroom, India) and deliveries have now commenced.

Honda CBR650R launched at Rs. 7.70 lakh-cbr650r.jpg

The CBR650R replaces the CBR650F. The bike features twin LED headlamps and a digital instrument cluster. It has a stepped seat and a single underside exhaust.

The CBR650R is powered by a 648.72cc, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine that produces 87 BHP @ 11,500 rpm and 60.1 Nm @ 8,000 rpm. The engine is paired with a 6-speed gearbox via a slipper clutch.

The bike features 41 mm Showa upside down fork suspension at the front and a monoshock at the rear. It comes equipped with twin 310 mm discs at the front and a single 240 mm disc brake at the rear and dual-channel ABS.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 17:40   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw the bike in person today, it has a lot of presence and is probably one of the best design by Honda in recent years. The sitting is pretty commited and looks more like a sports bike then a tourer. Long distance on this bike will require you to be in good shape physically.

That said the fit and finish is top quality and bike oozes charisma, loved it. Could not start and listen to exhaust as owner did not have the keys. Special call out to Ayush to spend sometime with us and talk about bike with a lot of enthusiasm. I would have loved to book it, if not for financial constraints and also the commited position for riding. This bike will surely do well for Honda and kudos to them for bringing it to the India so soon after international launch.

Some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CBR650R launched at Rs. 7.70 lakh-20190519_131441.jpg  

Honda CBR650R launched at Rs. 7.70 lakh-20190519_130046.jpg  

Honda CBR650R launched at Rs. 7.70 lakh-20190519_130034.jpg  

AtheK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 20:52   #24
Senior - BHPian

when i took delivery of my 250R the showroom guys themselves had removed the saree guard that was an eyesore. Hope more 650 owners will do the same.
Old 20th May 2019, 08:10   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Directly against the Z900 priced at 7.69 lakhs.

Will be an interesting fight to watch - both inline4 Japanese machines, one a 948cc 125ps machine, and the other with fairing and a more comprehensive equipment list.

I had considered this bike, but I get 50% more power and torque for the same price. The added traction control did not win me over, especially since there are no rider modes. Suspension is not adjustable and both bikes weigh the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
As long as Kawasaki charges 3 times the price for the same spare parts and has 2 times the price for service costs, the 650R like the F will have no issue managing 20 units per month, the HMSI target. It will still be assembled on the old F line where 1 bike was assembled per day.

I think the trend is that Honda will increase their service prices and Kawasaki is trying to make them lesser. Maybe in a year or two, both manufacturers will have comparable prices.
Old 20th May 2019, 10:59   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodRowdyBiker View Post
I had considered this bike, but I get 50% more power and torque for the same price. The added traction control did not win me over, especially since there are no rider modes. Suspension is not adjustable and both bikes weigh the same.

I think the trend is that Honda will increase their service prices and Kawasaki is trying to make them lesser. Maybe in a year or two, both manufacturers will have comparable prices.
In my discussion with the owner no such point was highlighted, as matter of fact he was saying that the service cost will continue to be the best in all superbikes. The first three services are free with Honda.
Old 19th June 2019, 00:23   #27
Team-BHP Support

Dyno results from the US market -

Honda CBR650R launched at Rs. 7.70 lakh-screenshot-20190619-12.18.43-am.png

Source - https://www.cycleworld.com/how-much-...-cbr650r-make/
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 14:45   #28
BHPian

This is a very good launch by Honda and the looks of this bike, well what can I say, it looks so much like a blade( baby blade ), I think this bike has the potential to sell in good numbers.
Another thing I would like to add is the after sales service , I service my 2011 blade at Honda wing world in saki naka and I can honestly say that the two guys there are very well trained and they have been servicing Honda big bikes for 8 or 9 years now and are very keen and good on the job.
Another aspect is the spares inventory at the service center, they have spares worth 1.8cr in ready stock, they had everything that my blade required in ready stock and if you don't find something , the waiting time is only 2 weeks, which if you ask me is truly amazing.
The pricing of the spares is , not exorbitant, it is a relief to have the parts in ready stock , what's the use of a superbike if you don't have good service and repair facility , by the way, the service center is made as per Honda guidelines and all tools including special tools are supplied by Honda Japan, it cost them 80lakhs to set up the garage.
I have only good things to say about Honda having owned 3 Honda bikes over the years.
cjt2012 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 16:38   #29
BHPian

Why there are no reviews out yet by OD, Autocar, PD and likes? I am eagerly waiting for one.

I recently sold my CBR250R and want to upgrade to a middle weight motorcycle. I am really in a confused state of mind, which bike to go for.

I checked with the dealer in Pune - no test ride bike available yet, on road 8.9L in Pune.
Old 19th June 2019, 21:07   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Why there are no reviews out yet by OD, Autocar, PD and likes? I am eagerly waiting for one.

I recently sold my CBR250R and want to upgrade to a middle weight motorcycle. I am really in a confused state of mind, which bike to go for.

I checked with the dealer in Pune - no test ride bike available yet, on road 8.9L in Pune.
I dont think Indian reviews of superbikes are reliable.
All of the reviews seem to be a little overwhelmed, and write like a teenage girl meeting her bollywood star, for every single motorcycle. Every single review will have stuff like "its a special bike" "pulls your heart strings" "too much power"

For superbike reviews, my go-to are MCN, Visordown and Motorcycle.com

Last edited by manson : 22nd June 2019 at 01:25. Reason: Deleted blank rows.
simeonovitch is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks