Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2019, 12:12   #1
Senior - BHPian

Triumph India to start selling used bikes

Quote:
Triumph India, in order to make its premium range of motorcycles more accessible to its Indian audiences, will be entering in the used motorcycle segment.
Triumph follows Ducati in starting used bikes segment in India; expecting HD India to act same way soon.
This should not only help prospect buyers but also help Triumph dealers to retain customer and continue to generate revenue via services and accessories.

I am not sure how much Bajaj-Triumph partnership has progressed for mid-size bikes and whether 'used bikes' is an interim measure or not.

Source: Overdrive article
sukiwa is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th April 2019, 10:06   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Triumph India to start selling used bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
expecting HD India to act same way soon.
I believe they've already started or are in the process of - related thread (Harley-Davidson to enter the used bike segment).

And why not? So many big bike owners are selling sparingly used 1 / 2 / 3 year old motorcycles after realising they have no use for them. Might as well give the dealerships a way to profit out of it & potential customers an "organised" route to pre-owned bikes. A win-win.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st May 2019, 18:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

I was just now casually browsing through used Triumph Bonnies on sale and thought I'll check if there is any related thread on Team Bhp and found this. Keen to hear from experienced members how reliable Bonnie's are to buy used ?

I personally wouldn't mind a reasonable premium to buy the vehicle off the dealership with a warranty. Now what that premium should be ? Maybe 5-10% max.
Old 2nd May 2019, 07:26   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I was just now casually browsing through used Triumph Bonnies on sale and thought I'll check if there is any related thread on Team Bhp and found this. Keen to hear from experienced members how reliable Bonnie's are to buy used ?

I personally wouldn't mind a reasonable premium to buy the vehicle off the dealership with a warranty. Now what that premium should be ? Maybe 5-10% max.
Even I am in the same boat as you. I am in a mood to get a Street Triple S, if I find a good one at a suitable price. I am waiting to see if Triumph provide loan for used bike too. Ducati does, but their reach is less now, they are only dealing with Mumbai and would further expand in the future.
Old 23rd May 2019, 11:13   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I was just now casually browsing through used Triumph Bonnies on sale and thought I'll check if there is any related thread on Team Bhp and found this.
=====
Maybe 5-10% max.
I think that if Triumph is willing to provide warranties on used bikes, it will go a long way to satisfy customers like you with reliability concerns.
Old 23rd May 2019, 11:21   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodRowdyBiker View Post
I think that if Triumph is willing to provide warranties on used bikes, it will go a long way to satisfy customers like you with reliability concerns.
Warranty on a new bike can be transferred to second owner and now they offer extended warranty for 2 more years, that can be added on.

Biggest issue is the competency level at dealerships when it comes to support, and that really is a bummer as an owner. The amount of horror stories I see in WhatsApp owners group is scary, and I have a 20k kms major service coming up
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2019, 13:42   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Biggest issue is the competency level at dealerships when it comes to support, and that really is a bummer as an owner. The amount of horror stories I see in WhatsApp owners group is scary, and I have a 20k kms major service coming up
The Cochin dealership was getting a few vehicles from Bangalore and Chennai for service since the owners were not happy with the quality of service offered by the respective Triumph showrooms. I got the 20K service done at Triumph Cochin recently, primarily because I wanted to get the stock silencer back on. There was some lack of attention on certain smaller things but otherwise things were fine. The clock got reset when they disconnected the battery and had to be corrected. I had given them a pair of Osram Night Breakers to replace the poor OEM headlights and they delivered the bike with the headlights pointing to the sky! Fortunately, I dont stay very far away from the showroom and these were easily rectifiable but going back for these careless oversights can be annoying. A week later, I had to go back and get the handlebar replaced since a careless person tried moving the bike and dropped it. They did the job quickly then, I was happy with the experience. Maybe its worth riding down to Cochin and getting the service done?
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2019, 14:19   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Maybe its worth riding down to Cochin and getting the service done?
Yes even I have heard good things about cochin workshop. Maybe I will plan for a ride home and get the bike serviced at Cochin, good idea
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2019, 08:30   #9
Senior - BHPian

When/how do we expect the pre-owner bikes to start coming in the market via Triumph. Unlike Ducati, Triumph doesn't have any pre-owned bike website etc. The dealers are also giving clueless responses so far..

Does anybody know what the plan is?

Last edited by ajmat : 24th May 2019 at 10:23.

Most Viewed