Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2019, 02:00   #1
BHPian

Huge discount on unsold Triumph bikes in NCR; Street Twin for Rs. 4.99 lakhs only

Triumph Motorcycles Delhi-NCR dealer is offering huge discounts on selected models. For the motorcycles of the model year 2016 and 2017, One Triumph (Dealer) is providing shocking discounts at the Delhi and Gurgaon showrooms and here we have a complete rundown of which models getting benefitted the most. It is worth noting that 2016 MY versions coming under this new scheme have not done any miles on the clock and they are yet unregistered. The highly popular Street Twin costs from Rs. 5 lakh onwards while the Street Triple S has its prices starting from Rs. 6 lakh and the Street Scrambler is another attractive proposition from Rs. 5.75 lakh onwards. The Bonneville range comprising of Bobber, T100 and T120 is quoted from Rs. 6.40 lakh, Rs. 5.75 lakh and Rs. 6.50 lakh onwards respectively in India (all prices, ex-showroom).

Source: https://gaadiwaadi.com/huge-discount...-99-lakh-only/
Attached Thumbnails
Huge discount on unsold Triumph bikes in NCR; Street Twin for Rs. 4.99 lakhs only-triumphdiscountindia.jpg  

Last edited by anarchy_99 : 28th May 2019 at 02:01. Reason: Photo Upload
anarchy_99 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 05:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Huge discount on unsold Triumph bikes in NCR; Street Twin for Rs. 4.99 lakhs only

Street Twin at 5 lakhs is an incredible deal. Street Triple at 6 too.
Once in a while I notice this happening at Triumph dealers in the US, though these deals are un-advertised. I hope this continues to be a trend and forces manufacturers to make super-bikes locally and sell them at fair prices .
rajushank84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 07:22   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Huge discount on unsold Triumph bikes in NCR; Street Twin for Rs. 4.99 lakhs only

This is a fair price for the bike. I see some of these bikes heavily priced and this puts them out of reach, whereas the strategy for an emerging market should be to offer an entry-level model and then move the customer up. Now, they're getting it right!
Sebring is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 09:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: Huge discount on unsold Triumph bikes in NCR; Street Twin for Rs. 4.99 lakhs only

Quote:
The 30 motorcycles coming under the discount scheme are either pre-owned or used for demonstration purposes
These are 2016 models + either pre-owned or used for demo. Then, how can it read ZERO odometer ? I am confused.

Are the devils hidden in the details ?
Old 28th May 2019, 09:59   #5
Team-BHP Support

Re: Huge discount on unsold Triumph bikes in NCR; Street Twin for Rs. 4.99 lakhs only

Guys, don't get excited. These buried lines in the article will tell you this is just normal pricing

Quote:
The 30 motorcycles coming under the discount scheme are either pre-owned or used for demonstration purposes.
Quote:
(The above scheme and discount is offered by Delhi-NCR Triumph dealer (One Triumph) on the unsold stock of 2016 to 2018 only).
Basically, TD bikes, display bikes, used bikes, etc - and not discounted new bikes per se, as the sensational title suggests.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 28th May 2019 at 10:06.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 10:05   #6
Team-BHP Support

In fact the hoarding itself is not even sensational and is fairly transparent. Its pretty plainly written right on top that these are pre-owned / demo and the model year being between 2016 - 18 is also clearly mentioned just below that. Not really fine print but in bold on top.
Axe77 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 10:16   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Guys, don't get excited. These buried lines in the article will tell you this is just normal pricing
Basically, TD bikes, display bikes, used bikes, etc - and not discounted new bikes per se, as the sensational title suggests.
Correct but they had many Zero KM old inventories as well which got sold on the first day itself. This must be an initiative of the manufacturer I believe. Few Street twins/ bobber were still available until a day before as per the local Triumph group.
Turbanator is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 10:21   #8
Senior - BHPian

One Triumph are generally being quite fair about the inventory under discount. They are very clear on each bike's lineage, usage, condition, problems, remaining warranty (if any) etc. I had conversations for a couple of bikes and my contact himself suggested me not to go in for one of them citing iffy past usage.

Overall a great deal for anyone here looking for Retros.
roy_libran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 13:57   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Correct but they had many Zero KM old inventories as well which got sold on the first day itself.
While that's a good deal for whoever managed to pick them up, it points to quite a worrying scenario. Are Triumph sales that bad? I know Harley-Davidson dealers have been complaining of lower-than-projected sales. If Triumph's dealerships still have unsold 2016 & 2017 bikes, that hints toward a lot of trouble.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 17:16   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
These are 2016 models + either pre-owned or used for demo. Then, how can it read ZERO odometer ? I am confused.

Are the devils hidden in the details ?

Exactly my thoughts when i saw this ad!!!
Is it simply a matter of the odometer being disconnected on the demo bikes? In that case, it would be dishonest to quote that the bike has genuine 0 kms.
Old 29th May 2019, 11:54   #11
BHPian

Well, update from a friend who went to check them out:

Only a Bobber and a street twin left!

That was fast!
KA18 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 11:56   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA18 View Post
Well, update from a friend who went to check them out:
Only a Bobber and a street twin left!
Everything has gone as of now!
Old 30th May 2019, 11:18   #13
BHPian

I wonder how many of these will end up on the used market soon to be sold off at a profit to unsuspecting customers?
Old 6th June 2019, 22:53   #14
Senior - BHPian

I've seen their ads on olx as well. Demo bikes but will be registered as a new bike for owners. Good and Bad, because you get it cheap and bad because we are not sure how badly the bike has been abused.
stanjohn123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 14:54   #15
BHPian

Got an update that these bikes are BS -3. How does one register BS-3 bikes in 2019? This was the reason , 2 years back that there was a good discount on CBR 650R and lots of Activas too.

Is there any loophole wherein BS-3 bikes can be registered now?

Most Viewed