Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2023, 08:46   #136
BHPian

Re: Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT - A foray into the world of adventure biking

I picked up a 2020 VStrom XA with around 5000 km on the odo and in immaculate condition. The difference between this and the XT model seems to be that this has crash guard, sump guard and handlebar (plastic).

There is not much in way of accessories, he has put a AOM handlebar which I will probably take back to stock as it seems a bit too far for me. He also scooped out the seat a bit and removed the rubber grommets under the seat so I am easily able to flatfoot (Im 5'7"). I will probably put the grommets back in once I've had a bit more time on it.

I am not planning too much of changes right away, I am thinking of the following accessories
- Radiator guard
- Aux Lights
- Better horn for the highway
- Upgraded gear helmet and jacket
jaganm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 11:06   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
I picked up a 2020 VStrom XA with around 5000 km on the odo and in immaculate condition. The difference between this and the XT model seems to be that this has crash guard, sump guard and handlebar (plastic).
Congrats. I don't think XA is available in India, only XT is available.

Quote:
so I am easily able to flatfoot (Im 5'7"). I will probably put the grommets back in once I've had a bit more time on it.
Same here and I do have a skinny figure.

Quote:
I am not planning too much of changes right away, I am thinking of the following accessories
- Radiator guard
- Aux Lights
- Better horn for the highway
- Upgraded gear helmet and jacket
I would recommend the following:
1. Radiator guard
2. Crash guard
3. Handle guards (Barkbuster).
4. Riding gears
5. Tank paint protector - As you hold the bike with legs, the area which comes in contact with riding pants gets discolored easily.

Optional
1. Aux Light (if you intend to ride after sunset)
2. Horns
Old 27th March 2023, 22:33   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozhissery View Post
Congrats. I don't think XA is available in India, only XT is available.

Same here and I do have a skinny figure.

I would recommend the following:
1. Radiator guard
2. Crash guard
3. Handle guards (Barkbuster).
4. Riding gears
5. Tank paint protector - As you hold the bike with legs, the area which comes in contact with riding pants gets discolored easily.

Optional
1. Aux Light (if you intend to ride after sunset)
2. Horns
Surprising, the manual says XA and the previous owner said that it came with the engine guard, centre stand etc.

Of the others, he already put bark busters and a tank pad, so I only need the radiator guard and upgraded riding gear for now. Plus the optional stuff, the aux light and horns are a must in my view.
jaganm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 08:17   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Surprising, the manual says XA and the previous owner said that it came with the engine guard, centre stand etc.

Of the others, he already put bark busters and a tank pad, so I only need the radiator guard and upgraded riding gear for now. Plus the optional stuff, the aux light and horns are a must in my view.
Congratulations!

The V Strom 650 XT's tech name is DL650XA. I guess that was the implication. The XT comes with spoked tubeless type rims. The engine guard & center stand might've been thrown in as part of a dealer offering. Many V Stroms have been sold that way.
shyamg28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 23:11   #140
BHPian

Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT - A foray into the world of adventure biking

Beaky is 4 years old and to celebrate the birthday a proper wash/touch-up was done. Took the service of detailing mafia Trivandrum. Changed the PPF and other parts were coated with ceramic. It took almost 1 week for the job, partly due to Attukal festival and partly due to non availability of some raw material. For the time being quite happy with the work, let us see how it fares 2 years down the line. Anyway the warranty is for 5 years. Keeping my fingers crossed

In 4 years we covered just under 34K kilometres, which comes to about 8.5K kilometres per year.
So far the bike has been performing flawlessly. Two things could have been better, brakes and lights (upgraded to solve it).
Total fuel consumed till date is about 1473 liters for covering 33843 kilometres giving an average of 22.7 KMPL.

How it looked before TLC
Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT - A foray into the world of adventure biking-1.jpg

After PPF/Ceramic
Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT - A foray into the world of adventure biking-2.jpg

Hope it stays this way.
Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT - A foray into the world of adventure biking-3.jpg

PPF even on windscreen
Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT - A foray into the world of adventure biking-4.jpg

Raw materials used
Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT - A foray into the world of adventure biking-5.jpg

Touch up after 1 week - to keep the warranty intact
Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT - A foray into the world of adventure biking-6.jpg

Shiny?
Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT - A foray into the world of adventure biking-8.jpg

Current ODO
Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT - A foray into the world of adventure biking-7.jpg

Running expenses over 4 years
Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT - A foray into the world of adventure biking-00.png

Running expenses over 4 years
Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT - A foray into the world of adventure biking-0.png
kozhissery is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 12:30   #141
BHPian

Hi All!
I need some inputs on the brake pad life and tyre life as well. I'm at 13k kms on the odo. Personally I feel that theres a lot of brake fade and lack of bite. I see some more material left on the pads, the groove is still visible. I ride sedately so should i wait a bit more and also is ebc better than stock pads. What is the replacement interval in your experience?

Same with tyres. Hows the experience, and when did you replace the first set? I still feel there is maybe 2-3k kms left, starting to see initial signs of the tyre squaring off in the center.

@kozhissery sir. I had the opportunity to complete my last service at Calicut with Satheesh ettan. I will most probably be doing my regular service from there as it so much more convenient!

Most Viewed