Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2019, 22:55   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2019 Suzuki GSX-S750 : Ownership Review

Suzuki has a tie up with Yoshimura and the slip ons are sold at various dealers themselves alongside other gear like helmets, paddock stands, frame sliders etc. At least this was the case back when I picked my bike and up until few years ago when people i knew went to the dealer to have their bike serviced.
In-fact in Delhi, dealers will even fit slip ons like two brothers bough independently for a fee. I see no reason why this should be any different now.
If you ask me, ride your bike for a few thousand kms and enjoy the stock setup. Then have them changed irrespective of what the dealer says.

Shaving foam is one way of going forward. If done correctly its as good as getting a new seat but be careful, it increases the chances of vibration filtering into the seat and reduced cushioning can hamper comfort on longer tours. Check out saddleman also. They normally dont disappoint.

Last edited by bigron : 9th July 2019 at 23:00.
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 23:07   #47
Senior - BHPian

Slip-on will not void warranty. Get it installed outside - you can swap back to stock in 5 min when you take it to the svc center.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2019, 20:52   #48
BHPian

Bang on!.. Super fantabulous ownership review. Was waiting for an ownership review and here it is. Thanks for sharing.
rahulvilas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 13:52   #49
BHPian

The bike has been Yoshi'd!

Now as good as the stock exhaust may be, it began dawning on me that it doesn't make it's presence felt much below 8k RPM. Below this range all that one hears is the intake drone and the engine rumbling underneath the tank. This began getting a little boring, and to revv the bike so high up in the RPM range to hear the exhaust was impractical.

Hence went the slip-on route and got the Yoshimura. I didn't even consider the Akra (made for the S750) because the Akra's carbon fibre canister is almost of the same size as the stock canister, and it didn't really look that appealing. Also the sound of the Yoshi is in a different league alltogether - it has a deep rumbling bass to it, which feels classy and elegant. The Akra is a bit muffled and like the stock, produces sound only when revved. Whereas the Yoshi's rumbles induce giggles inside the helmet even at idle.

I haven't been able to ride much after installing the Yoshi but from what I could tell in a short ride, it sounds magnificent above 5k RPM. Bikes and cars were parting way for the apparent fighter jet that was coming their way. Where earlier I had to keep pounding on the pathetic stock horn for people to make way. What makes the Yoshi rather unique is the fact that it isn't very audible to others on the road, for it isn't loud at all (like an SC Project/Two Brothers), but the pitch/tone of the sound is super-thrilling.

A truck-load of thanks to BHPian Odeen12 for not only having pointed me in the right direction to source the exhaust from, but for also having spared time when I got a mini-cardiac arrest after I received the exhaust package from BlueDart.

Enough said, I'll let the pictures do the talking now.

The before: notice how big the stock canister is!
2019 Suzuki GSX-S750 : Ownership Review-img_20190428_132030719_hdr.jpg

The after: the beautiful Yoshimura slip-on.
2019 Suzuki GSX-S750 : Ownership Review-img_20190727_122357686.jpg

Here's an official video of the exhaust put out by Yoshimura, for some aural pleasure.

Last edited by Eddy : 28th July 2019 at 22:07. Reason: as requested
GoBlue is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 07:40   #50
BHPian

Absolutely looks stunning. Wish you many rumbling miles of glorious fun!!!
Odeen12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 09:33   #51
BHPian

Crack. Pop. Snap! Congratulations man. That exhaust sounds amazing
imp! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 15:18   #52
Senior - BHPian

Looking good. Yosh and Suzuki have had a long collaboration and have always complimented each other well.
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 16:52   #53
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on a great bike! Wishing you many years of happy riding.

Cheers...
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 23:12   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
The bike has been Yoshi'd!

Now as good as the stock exhaust may be, it began dawning on me that it doesn't make it's presence felt much below 8k RPM. Below this range all that one hears is the intake drone and the engine rumbling underneath the tank. This began getting a little boring, and to revv the bike so high up in the RPM range to hear the exhaust was impractical.

Hence went the slip-on route and got the Yoshimura. I didn't even consider the Akra (made for the S750) because the Akra's carbon fibre canister is almost of the same size as the stock canister, and it didn't really look that appealing. Also the sound of the Yoshi is in a different league alltogether - it has a deep rumbling bass to it, which feels classy and elegant. The Akra is a bit muffled and like the stock, produces sound only when revved. Whereas the Yoshi's rumbles induce giggles inside the helmet even at idle.

I haven't been able to ride much after installing the Yoshi but from what I could tell in a short ride, it sounds magnificent above 5k RPM. Bikes and cars were parting way for the apparent fighter jet that was coming their way. Where earlier I had to keep pounding on the pathetic stock horn for people to make way. What makes the Yoshi rather unique is the fact that it isn't very audible to others on the road, for it isn't loud at all (like an SC Project/Two Brothers), but the pitch/tone of the sound is super-thrilling.

A truck-load of thanks to BHPian Odeen12 for not only having pointed me in the right direction to source the exhaust from, but for also having spared time when I got a mini-cardiac arrest after I received the exhaust package from BlueDart.

Enough said, I'll let the pictures do the talking now.

The before: notice how big the stock canister is!
Attachment 1899266

The after: the beautiful Yoshimura slip-on.
Attachment 1899265

Here's an official video of the exhaust put out by Yoshimura, for some aural pleasure.
https://Youtu.be/R716MIt6H1Q
Looks awesome, Congrats buddy.

I got a full system (Arrow Pro-Race Titanium Cap) installed on my Z900 today.
trumpcard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 12:37   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odeen12 View Post
Absolutely looks stunning. Wish you many rumbling miles of glorious fun!!!
Thanks, Odeen12!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
Crack. Pop. Snap! Congratulations man. That exhaust sounds amazing
Thanks, imp!. The crackles and pops sound incredible in-person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Looking good. Yosh and Suzuki have had a long collaboration and have always complimented each other well.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Congratulations on a great bike! Wishing you many years of happy riding.

Cheers...
Thanks, dkaile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpcard View Post
Looks awesome, Congrats buddy.

I got a full system (Arrow Pro-Race Titanium Cap) installed on my Z900 today.
Thanks, trumpcard! And congratulations to you for the Arrow full-system. I watched the latest video on your YouTube channel. Really well made and should give Z900 owners a comprehensive idea of the possible options for a full-system upgrade.
Had a couple of questions:
1. Considering that you purchased/installed the full-system from/at a Kawasaki dealership, is the warranty intact?
2. Did you get the ECU re-mapped to compensate for the full-system?

Last edited by navin : 30th July 2019 at 15:52. Reason: typo
Old 23rd October 2019, 12:55   #56
Team-BHP Support

Your thread is absolutely a darling, it has all little details, plus, one can almost feel the things you are going through.

That Yoshimura video resulted in having goosebumps all over. How is the experience with it?

Got your Puig's?

And may I request you to keep this thread updated whenever there is one? Thanks :-).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Looks dangerous. Would be difficult to sit as a pillion.
A pillion shouldn't be holding the grab handle at the rear, but it either should be holding the tank extenders [meant for pillion and available as an accessory or hold the rider by extenders]. Google has images, you may look up to know it better .
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 15:12   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Your thread is absolutely a darling, it has all little details, plus, one can almost feel the things you are going through.
Thanks, Sheel. Glad that it resonated with you. These days the world has moved on from reading bike-related write-ups to YouTube videos shot with GoPros. I'm trying to preserve the old-school charm of articulating feelings with words.

Quote:
That Yoshimura video resulted in having goosebumps all over. How is the experience with it?
The Yoshi has transformed the ride experience on the bike. Now even a short ride is mesmerizing. I sometimes visit the parking merely to switch on the bike and hear the exhaust burble.

Objectively speaking, the stock exhaust doesn't let you experience the thrill of riding a fast bike, sedately - which is what the general public expects one to do as a responsible citizen.

The S750 has a unique design of the air inlets such as to have 3 positions below the tank from where the air is sucked in - it is designed such that the sound is heard most in the rider triangle area. Thus when one is riding with the stock exhaust, the intake sound overpowers the exhaust note.

What changes with the Yoshi is that now there's this indescribable orchestra of intake sound and exhaust note that makes the heart beat faster even while riding at 80 kph on the highway. The pops, crackles and bangs that the exhaust generates are surreal. Twist the wrist to take the bike to 9,000 RPM in 3rd, let go of the throttle to change the gear and for the briefest moment in time, the pops and crackles make their presence felt and you know that this exhaust is special.

I am so happy that I went the Yoshimura way as the exhaust note is just magical. There's a dizzying array of aftermarket exhaust options for this bike and one is guaranteed to get lost in the maze of: Akra, Arrow, SC Project, Black Widow, Mivv etc. Black Widow has a decat full-system option as well.

Quote:
Got your Puig's?
The Puig wind-screen you mean?

Quote:
And may I request you to keep this thread updated whenever there is one?
Sure. The bike now has a pair of Clearwater Ericas which have made night-riding blissful. The Puig windscreen is yet to be fitted as I'm waiting since 3 months for a pair of bolts which the good folks at Puig forgot to ship with the screen. Shall write separately about the experience of adding aux lights and the wind-screen once the riding season starts.
The weather is terrible in Pune since the past 3 months as the city is being hit by torrential rain and flooding. It does seem like Greta is right and we are all doomed.

Quote:
A pillion shouldn't be holding the grab handle at the rear, but it either should be holding the tank extenders [meant for pillion and available as an accessory or hold the rider by extenders].
Renntech has a brilliant grab rail for the S750, which lets the pillion hold it either at the side or the back, based on individual comfort levels.

https://renntec.com/suzuki-gsxs750-2...-in-black.html
GoBlue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 17:08   #58
Mik
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats to you too, Mik!

I think there are 4 of us S750 owners on the forum that I know of.

Please do share some pics of your ride for our viewing pleasure. How has your experience been so far?
He he.. I had sinned by barely riding the bike for the first 6 months. The odo clocked a mere 1200km. This included a 500km dash one day and a 200km initial ride. Rest was just pitter-patter around town.
Meanwhile, its garage-mate the Figo was happily munching away miles and drives. The missus always walked by and took out the Nano Auto (matic ). The Wego and the 390 were loaned out to friends.
So it just stayed there, under wraps - while I tried to get some window to do a long ride. The trouble with old school bikers like me is that we scoff at these "vloggers" but barely have any time ourselves.

This required divine intervention - so Maa Durga to the rescue! The Bong in me acted up around pujo or you can say - I longed for some Singhara and Maakha Shondesh.
A hangla Bong needs no motivation, just a route plan.
So had a plan to do Bangalore - Santiniketan and back to Bangalore ride over the Gandhi Jayanti - Extended Weeeekend - Dashami slot.

The route chosen was BLR - HYD - Nagpur (Day 1) - Raipur - Sambalpur - Ranchi (Day 2) - Bokaro - Asansol - Santiniketan (Day 2.5).
This 2.4k section was executed over 2.5 days with a princely 3 photographs as the only three exhibits.

The return was a more familiar Santiniketan - Bankura - Balasore - Visakapatnam (Day 1) - Vijayawada - Tirupati - Bangalore (Day 2) 2.1k Section. Exhibit - Yes -- 1 freaky photo when the rain finally got the better of all the Traction Control led bravado.
4.5k km over 4.5 days of riding. My riding soul is happy and the butt - not so much.

Yes - it was a mix of average to bad 91 octane petrol with a once a day dose of STP octane boosters, a trip mileage of around 23-24 kmpl and some chain wax whenever I remembered to care enough.

The trip done - My "maruti waali 750" "Bullt se bhi tez hai kya yeh" "racer ho kaa" "vlogger ho ke tourer ho (like really!!) " , "shauk hai ke majburi hai" now rests again in the parking lot.
I suspect it has made friends with the Activa parked near by. Lets hope it gets some action. Cause his lazy owner ain't taking it out again for some time.
I do hear Hyderabad has some good biryanis.
Attached Thumbnails
2019 Suzuki GSX-S750 : Ownership Review-img_20191002_162950resized.jpg  

2019 Suzuki GSX-S750 : Ownership Review-img_20191002_114502resized.jpg  

2019 Suzuki GSX-S750 : Ownership Review-img_20191003_184315resized.jpg  

2019 Suzuki GSX-S750 : Ownership Review-img_20191008_141538resized.jpg  

Last edited by Mik : 23rd October 2019 at 17:09.
Mik is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 18:15   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I'm trying to preserve the old-school charm of articulating feelings with words.
Let me put this on record, save for exhaust note and for some exceptions [like a ride video] I hate reviews in video format, I love my reading and prefer reviews this way.

Quote:
The Yoshi has transformed the ride experience on the bike. Now even a short ride is mesmerizing. I sometimes visit the parking merely to switch on the bike and hear the exhaust burble.

What changes with the Yoshi is that now there's this indescribable orchestra of intake sound and exhaust note that makes the heart beat faster even while riding at 80 kph on the highway. The pops, crackles and bangs that the exhaust generates are surreal. Twist the wrist to take the bike to 9,000 RPM in 3rd, let go of the throttle to change the gear and for the briefest moment in time, the pops and crackles make their presence felt and you know that this exhaust is special.
I too am pleasantly surprised with these Yoshis, I prefer Akra over SC's from whatever I have heard, I prefer bassy, growl, hums [heavy breathing], you get the drift I hope.

Will prefer a video as and when you can come up with one. In a tunnel? Hell yeah

Quote:
The Puig wind-screen you mean?

The Puig windscreen is yet to be fitted as I'm waiting since 3 months for a pair of bolts which the good folks at Puig forgot to ship with the screen. Shall write separately about the experience of adding aux lights and the wind-screen once the riding season starts.[/url]
Ok, will wait for the bolts to arrive and then you can put up the screen pictures as well as the auxiliary lamp pictures. The illumination as shown by Mik looks okay to me or has he upgraded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
The trouble with old school bikers like me is that we scoff at these "vloggers" but barely have any time ourselves.
You can say that again. I personally won't prefer doing these logs or breakfast rides/CCD rides and will prefer a rather long [~500kms] type for a day at least.

There are some issues with me, so I am neither riding actively but I know I will resurrect it in next another year, this time, finally. But, if you can, please do ride. And a big congratulations to you Mik .
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 07:21   #60
Mik
BHPian

Quote:
The illumination as shown by Mik looks okay to me or has he upgraded?

You can say that again. I personally won't prefer doing these logs or breakfast rides/CCD rides and will prefer a rather long [~500kms] type for a day at least.

There are some issues with me, so I am neither riding actively but I know I will resurrect it in next another year, this time, finally. But, if you can, please do ride. And a big congratulations to you Mik .
I have found the stock illumination to be fine for most cases unless there are blazing high beams right in my face.

Yeah the breakfast/CCD Sunday ride ain't for me. I am just too lazy for that and don't like those speed runs. Also, having one of the cheaper middle-weights means I shall be outgunned big time
But then, i don't operate well with ride partners. Motorcycling is deeply personal to me and endurance riding is something I prefer to do. Some of my breaks are tankful to empty and in the case of the GSXS - Its around 300km.

Completely off-topic, but i do miss the times when i had more time on my hand to "stand and stare". Heck i even had a "buffer day" on my initial Ladakh rides.
Responsibilities at office ensure i simply cannot take too many days off and there is just so much to take in.

Back on topic, i found this bike to be an everyday superbike. The lack of initial grunt means that it's very manageable in worst of traffic and off-road conditions. The traction control is a boon in case of rain and blippy theottling. It's fun seeing it panicking when i jump off a speed breaker
The low rpm assist is perfect for negotiating humans, potholes, dogs and cows.
The inline 4 character ensures that instead of 6 gears, i have got 6 riding modes. From a mad 1st to a portly 6th in double digit environments.
I get around 28/30 kmpl at 80kmph/6th gear. Just perfect.
The handling is so precise that on a very twisty section, i was pushing it as hard as my 390.
Windblast isn't a problem till 120 so it's fine.
It is an attention magnet at petrol pumps.
I saw that people are more friendly with me nowadays in parking lots and petrol pumps. I guess money talks.

The iffy bits.
The throttle is snatchy sometimes.
Brakes, while good, don't have enough bite. I shall be upgrading here soon.
Saddle bag mounts are not available easily. Looking for a SHAD mount option but it seems to be out of stock perennially.
The Rynox Magnetic Tankbags are not great on its bulbous tank, but it's manageable.
The Motocentric AliExpress tail bag is perfect. Acts as a back support too. Also, great for practicing my scissor kicks (i am 5ft 8)
The seat height is a slight problem but getting used to it.
The seat cushioning is fine for a few hours. Ofcourse, over multiple 14+ hr riding days keeping a tube of soframycin or boroline is highly recommended.
One good thing is that in dimly lit parking lots, the mostly black rear ensures that it doesn't stand out too much. I do try to park it near another black bike to blend in.
The Suzuki moniker ensures that people think it's from maruti. Wish i could obliterate that car brand!
91 octane puts it in a bad mood. Using the octane boosters does pacify it a bit - but i am not sure about long-term usage.

To sum it up. I am sooper happy!
Mik is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks