Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 3rd December 2019, 13:28   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Guys, wanted to check if anyone using a top box on their motorcycle is facing rattling problems.

. I understand that the GIVI Aluminium Top Box Rack is a sliding rack and not a rigid rack that I had on the Versys - could that be the reason why the top box rattles.

I used stock triumph and it is sliding type too. It is likely the sliding factor. Also perhaps check if there is any lose stuff inside like a can but most likely it is the sliding box phenomena.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 18:04   #32
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Hobbes - My 2015 Triumph Tiger 800 XRX

Thanks Axe! I emptied the contents of the top box, but the rattling continues. The weird part is - the sliding plate is slideable sideways. The rattling of the box (as I can see in the RVMS) are front to back. Probably the mounting plate or the rack is not tightly bolted. Will need to open it once and check it.

One more question - the aluminium sliding rack / plate is a Monokey plate on which I can mount the Outback Trekker topcase. If it change back to the stock plate, will the box fit, or do I have to get a Monolock box for it.
Old 4th December 2019, 11:03   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Guys, wanted to check if anyone using a top box on their motorcycle is facing rattling problems.
They are made to slide but you can buy rubber bushes from Bajaj showroom and make it rigid, many riders in Bangalore have done the same.
Old 5th December 2019, 19:19   #34
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the update Ajay! Will try that option out - by any chance would you have a pic of where the rubber bushes have to be fitted?
Old 29th December 2019, 22:31   #35
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

2 epic pictures for me.

Hobbes - My 2015 Triumph Tiger 800 XRX-picsart_122910.07.12.jpg
The first one is the Tiger with my ex-Z800. Got to see real "Godzilla" after a long time. It was being serviced so couldn't get a ride on it. But I still love it - it was my first superbike - lot of emotions attached. It was Dream come true for me first time.

Hobbes - My 2015 Triumph Tiger 800 XRX-psx_20191229_142428.jpg
The second pics is also an epic one for me. Why? You may ask. What's so great about it? It's just a Tiger parked outside the Triumph showroom. I have been visiting the Triumph showroom occasionally since I first rode the Tiger in 2015. Every visit thereafter, I would stand at the shworoom, look at the Tigers parked outside and wonder when would I see my own Tiger. Today was the day. It was Dream come true for me second time.
v12 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed
Mustang crashes into truck driver - shows no remorse
The 10 worst Indian cars of the last decade
Polo GTI falls off a flyover captured on video
WFH? Show us your home office
Miscreants assault me & my car - justice prevails
Don't be naive, all of this happens before your PDI