Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2020, 22:27   #31
BANNED

re: 2020 Triumph Tiger 900. EDIT: Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Can't wait to test ride the 900 road version just to see how it compares with my MY 2018 800. Hopefully TDs should start by June end / July.
Me too. Hopefully, TRs will start immediately instead of in July.

Quote:
..If I had money to throw in a covid / post-covid world, I'd definitely add a different bike to my garage, not upgrade the same model.
Just get a Speed Triple and end the misery.
mohansrides is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2020, 09:17   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohansrides View Post
Just get a Speed Triple and end the misery.
Quote:
If I had money to throw in a covid / post-covid world,
Haha, you missed that big all important IF

And you mean Street Triple (RS). I will add a street bike to my garage some day for sure. Maybe a few years later though. Its hard enough planting miles on one bike and doing justice to it.

Someone who's ridden both told me they prefer the 800. Personally I'm sure they're both great bikes. If you already have one it just doesn't make sense to replace with a newer model of the same bike in such a short span.

This is what I love about a lot of westeners. They really hold their rides a long time and some seasoned riders even buy 4 - 5 year old bikes and make full and proper use of them. We seem to be chasing the newest and shiniest models a lot more for some reason.

Last edited by Axe77 : 17th June 2020 at 09:18.
Axe77 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th June 2020, 10:53   #33
BHPian

Quote:
\

This is what I love about a lot of westeners. They really hold their rides a long time and some seasoned riders even buy 4 - 5 year old bikes and make full and proper use of them. We seem to be chasing the newest and shiniest models a lot more for some reason.
but Good observation Sir! I have an opinion on this and I think it's a combination of a few factors.

One, as a culture I think a majority of us prefer newer things and are stigmatized towards pre-owned or 'used' stuff (I do notice this is gradually changing). Add to this, the general lack of DIY skills and the relatively expensive costs of service and spares for these bigger machines.

Two, a vast majority of the ever-growing biking fraternity in our Country is the younger lot, for whom the biggest influencing factor that pulls them to biking is the 'attention' associated with it, be it on social media or in their own close circles. Hence newer, shiner, louder the better. They don't really derive pleasure out of clocking miles or upkeep of the motorcycle.

I think this will change as we get more exposure, thereby evolving and maturing as a market.

This is a general observation and not to offend anyone.
Added_flavor is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th June 2020, 13:14   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
but Good observation Sir! I have an opinion on this and I think it's a combination of a few factors.

One, as a culture I think a majority of us prefer newer things and are stigmatized towards pre-owned or 'used' stuff (I do notice this is gradually changing). Add to this, the general lack of DIY skills and the relatively expensive costs of service and spares for these bigger machines.

Two, a vast majority of the ever-growing biking fraternity in our Country is the younger lot, for whom the biggest influencing factor that pulls them to biking is the 'attention' associated with it, be it on social media or in their own close circles. Hence newer, shiner, louder the better. They don't really derive pleasure out of clocking miles or upkeep of the motorcycle.

I think this will change as we get more exposure, thereby evolving and maturing as a market.

This is a general observation and not to offend anyone.
Quote:
Hehe, this is purely due to market maturity my friends. While what you are saying is true but only for a limited number of buyers. I believe the lack of used big-bike buying is limited because there are limited options in the market. The big-bike market in India is still a 'new-born' or in infancy stages to be honest. It has been less than 10 years to be honest that we have seen many new brands coming in and offering their steeds.

Hence it is difficult to get a good well cared for used big bike and also there is general lack of DIY culture here. But that can be substituted with a less expensive and easily available FNG once the market matures more. Currently this is limited to only a few places in big cities for now.

Look at the market for used cars and also regular two wheelers. You will see many sales there simply because there are many options available and also getting parts or fixes for any breakdown is easy and not very expensive when compared to cost of the bike.

Once these two factors become part of our market, you will see a very good resale market for big bikes.

Last edited by sunilch : 17th June 2020 at 13:15.
sunilch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 12:03   #35
BHPian

Launched

2020 Triumph Tiger 900. EDIT: Launched-screenshot_20200619115645.jpg

Last edited by Added_flavor : 19th June 2020 at 12:06.
Added_flavor is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 13:40   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
So, no GT Pro for India?
Old 19th June 2020, 14:25   #37
BHPian

BMW 900XR = 10.5L
BMW 900XR Pro = 11.5L

Multi 950 = 12.8L
Multi 950 S = Not available in India

Tiger GT = 13.7L
Tiger GT Pro = Not available in India

In terms of pricing and features, the 900XR Pro with the electronic suspension is a clear winner.
anshumandun is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 16:43   #38
BHPian

Re: 2020 Triumph Tiger 900. EDIT: Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
In terms of pricing and features, the 900XR Pro with the electronic suspension is a clear winner.
The Triumph and Multi in above group are all middle weight adv tourers with 19/21-inch front wheels and the correct comparison should be with F850GS/A
highlander is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 16:54   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander View Post
The Triumph and Multi in above group are all middle weight adv tourers with 19/21-inch front wheels and the correct comparison should be with F850GS/A
The F850GS should be compared with Tiger Rally and Rally Pro. They all have 21 inch front wheels and are off-road biased.

I have compared only the Tiger GT with 900XR. Except the 19 inch front wheel, Tiger GT is a road biased bike just like the Multi 950.
anshumandun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 16:56   #40
BHPian

So while the GT replaces the outgoing 800 XRX, the Rally and Rally Pro replaces the XCX and XCA. The XR never made much sales and Triumph never bought the XRT to India; which explains the absence of GT Pro. I feel the GT Pro would've been more VFM cos it has extra features and accessories over the GT.

The Rally on the other hand, again, mixed thoughts. If one had to choose between the XCX and XCA - the latter would've always been the ideal choice. The 'Rally' segment pits Triumph against the Honda's Africa Twin (manual / DCT). While, as anshumandun posted above, the road biased big bike ADV segment also opens up a variety.

2020 gets even more confusing for someone entering the big bike ADV market
Old 19th June 2020, 17:26   #41
Senior - BHPian

Triumph is going to have a huge challenge on its hand to sell the new Tigers. While the F900XR clearly outclasses 900GT in price AND features - Rally/Rally Pro are close to Africa Twin's pricing. Would be interesting to see how people choose between Tiger & AT.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 17:50   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Triumph is going to have a huge challenge on its hand to sell the new Tigers. While the F900XR clearly outclasses 900GT in price AND features - Rally/Rally Pro are close to Africa Twin's pricing. Would be interesting to see how people choose between Tiger & AT.
Quite easy. Apparently 2020 AT are fully sold out. So you either wait for a Japanese manufactured bike until the end of 2020 or buy one of these readily available
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 17:51   #43
Senior - BHPian

At 15.5L for the Tiger Rally Pro, I would pick the BMW GS 1250 Standard any day over this one at 16.8L. With the legendary Boxer engine and still the ultimate suspension setup with paralever front and the telelever rear. Why compromise?

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 19th June 2020 at 17:54.
dkaile is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 17:59   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Quite easy. Apparently 2020 AT are fully sold out. So you either wait for a Japanese manufactured bike until the end of 2020 or buy one of these readily available
Ah ... as usual harakiri and step motherly treatment by Honda to India
Old 19th June 2020, 18:38   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Ah ... as usual harakiri and step motherly treatment by Honda to India
Or as usual fake news pushed by them and their dealers, last time around they did all the hoo haa of being sold out. Reality was dealers were struggling to move em off the shelf. I was offered one such bike, but after test ride i figured it was a detuned version that was being sold in India and did not make any sense as a replacement for the Tiger I have.

Now with upgraded engine and features I definitely want to test ride both the Tiger 900 and Africa Auto box. Latter is not yet available in India for a test ride, I hope the Tiger will be in the next few weeks.

Price-wise all of these bikes are overpriced by 2-3 lakhs these days
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks