Team-BHP - MV Agusta Turismo Veloce 800 launched at Rs. 18.99 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   MV Agusta Turismo Veloce 800 launched at Rs. 18.99 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/212627-mv-agusta-turismo-veloce-800-launched-rs-18-99-lakh-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikrantj (Post 4648871)
Utterly useless product.

It is not utterly useless. It is just not priced right in the Indian scheme of things.

The general conses out there is that this is one of the finest handling motorcycles currently sold . A bike that has multiple personalities and will ease itself into whatever you throw at it.

A splendid electronics package that will match any new bike out there. Cornering abs, semi automatic suspension, heated grips etc etc. It looks smashing for a race tourer. There are other things but you get the drift.

But the most important thing is, that it is a MV. And when people buy a MV, price and value is often not the first thing considered or of relevance. This is not your run of the mill Kawasaki or Suzuki. It is a proper exotic.
It is undiputed world over that when your ride an MV, the over all experience is far greater than the individual parts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigron (Post 4648527)
@ ethan ~ I have no idea in what context you are talking. Maybe you could elucidate.

And if it has something to do with spare parts and dealer delay, source your own parts. Why depend on the dealer.

Someone in my bike group has a F3 - he was involved in a minor crash which meant replaced of a few fairing parts and headlights. MV asked him for full payment upfront - then made him wait for 6 months to deliver the parts - and failed to deliver a few of them. And when he got the parts - they were refurbished to boot.

In this case - sourcing yourself doesnt work because then insurance will not pay for it.

BTW - he did try sourcing some of the other parts himself from one of the biggest MV dealers in Europe. The dealer told him there is no guarantee of timelines for MV parts - as MV factory themselves dont know when they can dispatch even against firm order.

Hence if you have lots of spare cash lying around to buy a bike and display in your showroom - go ahead and buy an MV in India. If you want to actually ride it - best of luck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 (Post 4649202)

Hence if you have lots of spare cash lying around to buy a bike and display in your showroom - go ahead and buy an MV in India. If you want to actually ride it - best of luck.

When you buy an Italian Exotic from a small manufacturer, the price you pay to be exclusive from everything else on the road, you are also signing up for the logistic limitations that come with it. When you are buying something so rare, somewhere you are also taking an inherent risk. And it is a known fact world over that MV seriously lacks in the service department and dealer availability.

Happens with all high end exclusive manufacturers around the world.

Thanks for reaffirming what I said - buy an MV and keep in your drawing room for everyone to see.

PS: even in that case don’t buy this ugly duckling - buy something like the Brutale which looks the part

Quote:

Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 (Post 4649224)
buy an MV and keep in your drawing room for everyone to see.

lol: Drawing room or Road, buy one at once, they are discounting first 3 units :uncontrol

They have also announced a discount of INR 2 lakhs for the first three buyers of the Turismo Veloce 800 which means that the lucky customers will get the motorcycle at 16.99 Lakhs!

https://www.xbhp.com/talkies/news/42...-99-lakhs.html

I remember the F3 fell apart when I went to test ride one. And their reps and CEO just acted cocky instead of agreeing to the problem. Have also seen reports of a swingarm breaking on a ride with the reps (some Arzoo lady) fighting and calling customer names on Facebook!

I would not buy an MV even if they gave me 80% off. No amount of money is worth risking your life. The build quality isn't Italian and you're not fooling anyone. Avoid!

For people saying it's pricy .I doubt they will be making any money on the bikes sold even at that price. I think the entire MV India operation is a loss making one even at the extremely high end pricing on the bikes. I sometimes wonder why do they even bother.

I remember in early 2018 they were liquidating a few F3 800 from 2016 & 2017 models from the last lot, and offered heavy discounts to a friend but they were still finding it hard to dispose them at that time. He said he saw a few Norton bikes also. So not sure if they are going into a bigger fiasco this time around.

Looks a lot like the old Ducati Multistrada designed by Pierre Terblanche (aka Mr. RE Himalayan)

It wasn't too long ago that Ducati also belonged to the exclusive club of Italian exotics, prone to temperament and frequent failures. So riding one meant you were either a good mechanic yourself or had access to a good one. Riding an Italian exotic was a statement.

Since then, Ducati has been pedestrianised and have given the junta an expectation.

Is it a good thing that MV has stayed true to it's roots? Motorcycle world is full of futile arguments like this.

Cheers

Ride Safe

As per the Fast Bikes India instagram page, apparently Motoroyale has winded up their MV Agusta operations in India and the unsold inventory is now being offered at massive discounts.

There have been multiple WhatsApp forwards in the recent past with mention to the massive discounts available on the unsold motorcycles, specially the Turismo Veloce 800.

MV Agusta Turismo Veloce 800 launched at Rs. 18.99 lakh-screenshot_2020021114245701.jpeg

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M (Post 4749328)
As per the Fast Bikes India instagram page, apparently Motoroyale has winded up their MV Agusta operations in India and the unsold inventory is now being offered at massive discounts.

There have been multiple WhatsApp forwards in the recent past with mention to the massive discounts available on the unsold motorcycles, specially the Turismo Veloce 800.

Attachment 1968718

It's a shame the MV brand has to leave India, right as they are collaborating on a budget-friendly range of motorcycles that would work for the Indian market.

I've owned the Turismo since early 2017 (I'm US-California based), and it is an incredible machine, and a real do-it-all motorcycle. IDK if these are still available at 12 lakh in India, but that's great value from a motorcycle/rupee equation. Its at home in an urban environment, the twisties, or out in the open mountain roads. I'd argue the brand will be back with a new and more established partner as this market is too big to ignore, especially if they want to sell more numbers of their upcoming lower CC bikes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinetic (Post 4776173)
IDK if these are still available at 12 lakh in India, but that's great value from a motorcycle/rupee equation.

Maybe if they have a 1+1 free offer - because otherwise how does someone source spares or even normal consumables since MV is shutting shop and their international supply chain isnt great shakes either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 (Post 4776647)
Maybe if they have a 1+1 free offer - because otherwise how does someone source spares or even normal consumables since MV is shutting shop and their international supply chain isnt great shakes either.

1. My value proposition statement is made with the assumption that MV won't be gone from this market for long. And I say that because they have major aspirations in the lower-CC category of motorcycles. You'd HAVE to play in India in that case.
2. As for spares and consumables, that's historically been a weakness as they're all shipped from Italy. That being said, my recent experience (as opposed to in 2017-18) has been pretty positive in terms of being able to ship parts in a reasonable time-frame.
3. Lastly, we can all agree this isn't for everyone, for the reasons you stated. I tried a Tracer 900 and a Tiger 800, and they're perfectly good bikes. The MV, to me, was just way more exciting to ride, better looking, and there was/still is nothing else like it on the roads. Someone who buys this in India is likely to have other steeds in the stable, and is able to risk a week or two of downtime while a part comes in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinetic (Post 4776806)
3. Lastly, we can all agree this isn't for everyone, for the reasons you stated. I tried a Tracer 900 and a Tiger 800, and they're perfectly good bikes. The MV, to me, was just way more exciting to ride, better looking, and there was/still is nothing else like it on the roads. Someone who buys this in India is likely to have other steeds in the stable, and is able to risk a week or two of downtime while a part comes in.

Very aptly put. Its the exclusivity that is the deciding factor. And they are indeed special machines.

Not something a run of the mill Kawasaki or even a Ducati can boast off.