Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2019, 15:07   #1
Senior - BHPian

MV Agusta Turismo Veloce 800 launched at Rs. 18.99 lakh

Motoroyale has launched the MV Agusta Turismo Veloce 800 in India. The bike is priced at Rs. 18.99 lakh (ex-showroom). The first three customers will be offered a special price of Rs. 16.99 lakh.

MV Agusta Turismo Veloce 800 launched at Rs. 18.99 lakh-mv-agusta1.jpg

The Turismo Veloce 800 features a diamond shaped LED headlamp that is typical of MV Agustas. The bike has an upright stance with raised handlebars and a stepped seat. It has adjustable a 43 mm upside-down Marzocchi fork suspension at the front, a Sachs monoshock at the rear and triple stacked exhausts.

MV Agusta Turismo Veloce 800 launched at Rs. 18.99 lakh-mv-agusta2.jpg

The Turismo Veloce 800 is powered by a 798cc, 3-cylinder engine that produces 108 BHP @ 10,150 rpm and 80 Nm @ 7,100 rpm. The engine is mated to 6-speed gearbox via a slipper clutch. The bike comes equipped with twin 320 mm disc brakes at the front with 4-piston calipers and a single 220 mm disc at the rear. It has dual-channel ABS.

MV Agusta Turismo Veloce 800 launched at Rs. 18.99 lakh-mv-agusta4.jpg

Other features include cruise control, Bluetooth, adjustable windshield, 8-level traction control, ride-by-wire throttle and rear-wheel lift-up mitigation.

MV Agusta Turismo Veloce 800 launched at Rs. 18.99 lakh-mv-agusta3.jpg

Source: NDTV

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 29th August 2019 at 20:20.
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 15:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: MV Agusta Turismo Veloce 800 launched at Rs. 18.99 lakh

What a departure for MV.

It looks great with that diamond shaped F4 inspired headlight.
Has the de tuned 3 cylinder engine from the F3 and is supposed to be the lightest bike in its category. Comes with the usual goodies.

I hope the typical MV niggles of uneven fueling and engine mapping is sorted.
Having said that, MV's are really special bikes, given the small scale of the Italian manufacturer with a very interesting history. Some would argue an MV is even more special that a Ducati or an Aprilia and I concur.

(PS - The F4 of 2010 in red and silver was an image that still stands fresh in my mind about what beauty is on two wheels.)

Last edited by bigron : 29th August 2019 at 15:44.
bigron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 20:21   #3
Senior - BHPian

I will be surprised if they manage to sell even 5 or 10 of these in India. I can still understand people overpaying for MV supersports or Brutale's which are stunning looking and collector's items ... but this is ugly looking and you better not tour given MV's after sale support.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 21:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

MV may not have a very confidence inspiring support base in India, but IMO this looks so much better than that ugly platypus looking Multistrada.

A piece or two if any will find takers for this here.
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 22:27   #5
BHPian

An unusual brand to enter the adv / touring segment dominated by tiger 800, GS & the Multistrada. When the brand which signifies luxury and beauty decides to get dusty and a bit dirty. Let's see how the market welcomes it. One interesting feature of the turismo veloce 800 lusso is the SCS (Smart Clutch System). Rekluse makes it for them, rekluse is a brand familiar to atleast some Harley owners who have been in a bad bad bad traffic jam. From what I've read, lusso comes with quickshifter too. SCS prevents the bike from stalling even when you don't engage clutch wen slowing or stopping, also SCS shifts gear down if necessary too. Totally convenient tech IMHO. The big question is, is the lusso version of the bike available for sale in India 😀.
And as for the looks, Multistrada may look like a platypus and a Hayabusa may look like Dairy Cattle. It's all subjective. Hope those who buy a bike, enjoy it 😊
Veelubai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 22:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

@Veelubai - That's a first time in over 17 years of riding a Hayabusa, first the Gen 1 and now a Gen 2 and being part of almost all major Hayabusa forums around the globe, I ve heard someone call it a Dairy Cattle.

Its no looker everyone knows that, but a 186 mph daily cattle is new even to me.

Last edited by bigron : 29th August 2019 at 22:39.
bigron is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 22:42   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
IMO this looks so much better than that ugly platypus looking Multistrada.

A piece or two if any will find takers for this here.
Ouch that hurt.

More than the looks After sales support would be the main ingredient of MV's survival.
Vasuki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 23:31   #8
Team-BHP Support

I don't feel it looks special like most other MV bikes do! That said - it is still a good looking machine (Considering the fact that adventure tourers have never won beauty pageants!).

However, the price tag of 18.99 lakhs raises a big question mark! Is it worth the looks alone? Don't think so! Is it a brilliant machine to ride otherwise?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 29th August 2019 at 23:32.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 08:35   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Is it a brilliant machine to ride otherwise?
From what I ve read, the over all reviews are positive. This is more an on road bike than off.

Yes its down on power compared to the competition but is also much lighter and narrower. Easy to put the power down and has greater agility over the bends. The de tuned engine is specially cohesive with the nature and purpose of the bike.

There are the usual positives of good Brembo brakes, exceptional seat comfort and wind protection , functional rider electronic aides. Has goodies as well like heated grips, garmin gps , auto lights, DRL's etc.

Its an MV. They make special bikes. Where they lack is with their sparse dealer network and reliability can sometimes be off.
bigron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 09:10   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelubai View Post
One interesting feature of the turismo veloce 800 lusso is the SCS (Smart Clutch System). The big question is, is the lusso version of the bike available for sale in India
No, only the standard variant.

Internationally, the Turismo is available in four variants – Standard, 800 Lusso, Lusso SCS and a limited-edition RC SCS. For now, we’ll only have the standard variant on sale here.

https://www.autocarindia.com/bike-ne...99-lakh-413943

Quote:
Where they lack is with their sparse dealer network and reliability can sometimes be off.
Forgot the dealership network, I am unable to find their India specific website

Last edited by Turbanator : 30th August 2019 at 09:13.
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 09:23   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Ouch that hurt.

More than the looks After sales support would be the main ingredient of MV's survival.
MV's after sales support is close to non-existent even in Europe. When i was trying to buy some parts from a MV dealer in Netherlands for a friend's F3 - i was told clearly that there is no guaranteed lead time for MV orders. It can take anywhere between 3 days to 3 months to 1 year depending on the mood of ppl at MV factory. Less said about the situation in India the better.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 09:31   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

Forgot the dealership network, I am unable to find their India specific website
MV will find it very hard to sell anything in India. More than the product themselves, its the visibility and the presence that matters to prospective customers here.
I doubt if MV even has the resources to spread to so many countries and carry operations. Their dealer network even in UK is scarce at best.
bigron is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 22:36   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
MV will find it very hard to sell anything in India. More than the product themselves, its the visibility and the presence that matters to prospective customers here.
I doubt if MV even has the resources to spread to so many countries and carry operations. Their dealer network even in UK is scarce at best.
If the "product" has to wait 6 months for spare parts after full payment ... and even then get refurbished parts ..... i dont know whether even a dealership in every nook and corner can manage to sell MV bikes.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 22:42   #14
Senior - BHPian

@ ethan ~ I have no idea in what context you are talking. Maybe you could elucidate.

And if it has something to do with spare parts and dealer delay, source your own parts. Why depend on the dealer.

Last edited by bigron : 30th August 2019 at 22:48.
Old 31st August 2019, 18:54   #15
BHPian

Utterly useless product. The news articles says there are people who will fork out north of 22lakhs (Maharashtra) to own piece of Italian beauty.
I am wondering what is it's selling point, Quickshifter ? And as is common knowledge they have a non-existent service network.

Rest in Peace is all that I can say about this ....
vikrantj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks