Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2019, 16:42   #16
BHPian

Looks like the stock clearance has begun. Got the below message from my dealer.

Dear Friend,

This Diwali, ride home a Triumph Street Triple RS and get assured benefits upto INR 2.8 lacs. Give us a miss call at 9015170234 or visit One Triumph Gurugram to know more. T&C apply.

Team One Triumph

certainly don't feel like a friend anymore!!
RohanDheman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 20:25   #17
BHPian

re: 2020 Triumph Street Triple RS. Edit: Now launched at 11.13 lakhs.

Anyone knows what deals are available in Bangalore?

I'm still in two minds on whether to wait for the 2020 or pick up the current model. The advantage of the 2020 is that I can get the Grey colour and the additional torque.
Old 25th October 2019, 15:25   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
I'm still in two minds on whether to wait for the 2020 or pick up the current model. The advantage of the 2020 is that I can get the Grey colour and the additional torque.
The Pune dealer is offering 70k cash discount + 1 lac store credit (or a 58k worth Arrow slip-on).

In my humble opinion, the 1 lac store credit is an amazing offer. One can get pretty much all the required riding gear and this alone is a lot of money saved (they have a 35% discount offer on the gear as well). The 70k cash discount on the OTR isn't bad either and brings the bike's price down to 12.6 lacs (from 13.3 lacs).

The 2020 model has an auto-blipper, some revised lighter engine components and a different exterior design. The current model RS looks incredible while the revised design doesn't work the same magic, to put it mildly. I don't think that the 2 NM of additional torque is worth much in the real world, the current model has positive feedback from owners regarding the mid-range torque.

My suggestion would be to go for the current model and save some hard-earned money. The money saved can be used to replace the stock tires - a pair of Supercorsa SP V2's cost about 50k INR (an educated guess) and to fund servicing for the next 5 years!

Last edited by GoBlue : 25th October 2019 at 15:40.
GoBlue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2019, 10:56   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
The Pune dealer is offering 70k cash discount + 1 lac store credit (or a 58k worth Arrow slip-on).

In my humble opinion, the 1 lac store credit is an amazing offer. One can get pretty much all the required riding gear and this alone is a lot of money saved (they have a 35% discount offer on the gear as well). The 70k cash discount on the OTR isn't bad either and brings the bike's price down to 12.6 lacs (from 13.3 lacs).
I have a decent amount of safety gear already. Need some pants and/or knee guards and maybe some better shoes down the road. If the wife decides to ride with me, I'll need to get her some kit, but, I can always get it from the US, so it isn't a great incentive for me.

I'd prefer tuhe SC Project or Yoshi can. They've had a free Arrow on offer for a long time now.

The auto blipper is a feature I'd like. If I don't get it, I'm probably nutty enough to add it at some point. I'd also have loved an IMU, one reason I'm considering the 790, but, it doesn't feel it would be as nice as the Striple long term.

You don't feel the torque curve shift of the RS makes a case for it in real world conditions?

The cash discount i'd get would weigh against not getting the first choice of colour. I'm going to go and talk to the post Diwali. The last time I discussed it with the, they offered a rather nonsensical deal. Not one that would make me buy now.
Old 27th October 2019, 13:43   #20
BHPian

Quote:
I'd prefer tuhe SC Project or Yoshi can. They've had a free Arrow on offer for a long time now.
Pleasantly surprised to hear of a Yoshi slip-on being considered for a Triumph. Most owners go for the showroom supplied Arrow.

Quote:
You don't feel the torque curve shift of the RS makes a case for it in real world conditions?
I haven't ridden one, but I have ridden with one briefly. And I must say that the RS has amazing low end torque. I don't know which riding mode the rider was in, but I'm sure that the plethora of riding modes would also make a difference in the way the bike feels. It's a beautiful machine, and had it been my 2nd or 3rd bike, would've surely got one. It's a machine meant for experienced riders and not for newbies.

Quote:
last time I discussed it with the, they offered a rather nonsensical deal. Not one that would make me buy now.
In my opinion, Triumph sales folks (atleast the ones in Pune) have a take it or leave it attitude. This leads to polarizing experiences sometimes. But if you have decided that's the bike you want, best to go ahead as the deals are decent.
Old 28th October 2019, 22:08   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone knows what deals are available in Bangalore?

I have a few friends in the same conundrum and my suggestion would be to wait for the 2020 model. The improved torque curve will be a big boon in the real world and the autoblipper will be sweet too. But most importantly, you'll always have that tinge of regret when you see a new one on the road - and that's not something you want when you are spending good money on a bike.
niranjanrvce is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 12:59   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
I have a few friends in the same conundrum and my suggestion would be to wait for the 2020 model. The improved torque curve will be a big boon in the real world and the autoblipper will be sweet too. But most importantly, you'll always have that tinge of regret when you see a new one on the road - and that's not something you want when you are spending good money on a bike.
Yeah I am waiting for now. Don't have a bike currently, so am debating pushing the purchase back by a few more months and buying the Interceptor 650. I've been out of the game for close to 6 years now, so this may make more sense in any case.

BTW, Niranjan, don't you ride the Tuono? Have you seen the Aprilia RS660? My jaw dropped. If it rides like a baby Tuono, both of them are dream bike for me.

Last edited by imp! : 6th November 2019 at 13:00.
Old 7th November 2019, 19:16   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah I am waiting for now. Don't have a bike currently, so am debating pushing the purchase back by a few more months and buying the Interceptor 650. I've been out of the game for close to 6 years now, so this may make more sense in any case.

BTW, Niranjan, don't you ride the Tuono? Have you seen the Aprilia RS660? My jaw dropped. If it rides like a baby Tuono, both of them are dream bike for me.
If you are getting back after a long break, would definitely recommend an Interceptor/Duke390 for sometime. Either of these bikes can be a very competent 2nd bike in your garage whenever you pick up the 765RS.

I ride the RSV4, the slightly saner brother of the Tuono The RS660 looks absolutely drool worthy and if it handles like the other Aprilias then it will bring the dead middleweight supersport segment back to life.
Old 8th November 2019, 07:39   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
If you are getting back after a long break, would definitely recommend an Interceptor/Duke390 for sometime. Either of these bikes can be a very competent 2nd bike in your garage whenever you pick up the 765RS.

I ride the RSV4, the slightly saner brother of the Tuono The RS660 looks absolutely drool worthy and if it handles like the other Aprilias then it will bring the dead middleweight supersport segment back to life.
My last bike was the Gen 1 Duke, so I think the Interceptor makes more sense this time around.

If the RS660 pricing makes it affordable compared to the Striple RS, I'm going to be in a huge dilemma. The Daytona 765 is expected to be priced at a point that makes it untenable for me.

Saner version of the Tuono that's like saying non spicy Andhra food
Old 11th November 2019, 03:56   #25
BHPian

A bit late to the party, but just got to swing a leg over the new RS at EICMA and it fit like an old glove and looks even sharper than before. Now, only to make sure she reaches the garage soon....

2020 Triumph Street Triple RS. Edit: Now launched at 11.13 lakhs.-20191109_111132.jpg
hifisharu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 23:57   #26
Team-BHP Support

As per ACI, the new Street Triple RS will be launched in the Indian market in March 2020.

Source - https://www.autocarindia.com/bike-ne...t-month-416309
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 13:52   #27
Senior - BHPian

New Street Triple RS set to launch on March 25th.
2020 Triumph Street Triple RS. Edit: Now launched at 11.13 lakhs.-smartselect_20200318134514_chrome.jpg

https://www.autocarindia.com/bike-ne...arch-25-416594
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 10:28   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
March 25th.
Looks like the launch teasers have started -

2020 Triumph Street Triple RS. Edit: Now launched at 11.13 lakhs.-instimage.jpg
Old 23rd March 2020, 17:22   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Looks like the launch teasers have started -

Looks like the launch has been postponed indefinitely and hopefully till the Corona mayhem dies down.
Old 23rd March 2020, 18:30   #30
Senior - BHPian

2020 Triumph Street Triple RS launch postponed

Triumph has postponed the digital launch of the 2020 Street Triple RS, which was scheduled for March 25, 2020. The new launch date will be announced post March 31.

2020 Triumph Street Triple RS. Edit: Now launched at 11.13 lakhs.-2020triumphstreettriplers-1.jpg

The 2020 Street Triple RS comes with revised styling and new features. The bike also gets a BS6-compliant engine.

The Street Triple RS gets new LED headlamps with LED daytime running lights and redesigned body panels. It also gets a digital instrument cluster that has Bluetooth connectivity and GoPro controls.

The Street Triple RS is powered by a 765cc, liquid-cooled, 3-cylinder engine that produces 121 BHP and 77 Nm of torque. It is mated to a 6-speed gearbox.

Most Viewed