Team-BHP - My 2019 Kawasaki Z900 - Bumblebee comes home
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   My 2019 Kawasaki Z900 - Bumblebee comes home (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/214614-my-2019-kawasaki-z900-bumblebee-comes-home-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by krishsreedharan (Post 4762698)
An update after a while - I have crossed about 4300kms on the ODO and finally bit the bullet and ordered a Yoshimura Street Alpha-T Slip on exhaust. Delivery is schedued in about 20 days. I will do before and after videos as well as videos with and without DB Killers and post up once done.

The DB killer (or sound insert in Yoshi parlance) kills all sound as it's name suggests. Please note that with the sound insert 'inserted', the exhaust will not be too different from stock.

I have the Alpha T on the S750 and the sound from the exhaust is nothing short of magical, with the DB killer removed. It is not screechy/ear achingly loud in any way, very bassy and elegant.

Congratulations! Do try to find some long tunnels to ride in. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by junkishya (Post 4703693)
Congratulations Krish !! Z900 is such a beauty ! A bike worth keeping for decades.

If you find the seat hard and cramped I will highly recommend the Kawasaki Ergo High Seat .. it's around 14K but worth every paisa !

Where did you buy the seat from and do you know if they have this available for other Kawa models?

Quote:

finally bit the bullet and ordered a Yoshimura Street Alpha-T Slip on exhaust. Delivery is schedued in about 20 days.

It will be good to hear the growl of the Yoshi. Do post the videos of the exhaust note once it arrives.

I had installed a full system Akrapovic, with the carbon end can, on my Z. Even with the DB killer in, the sound was fairly loud, although not as loud as the Akra shorty end cans. It was eargasmic, but, after a month, I swapped the headers back to stock with the breadbox and cat con back in place, in the interest of other road users, but more importantly not to attract any attention of the cops. So now I have only the slip on and now its a satisfactory deep hum, which has got deeper as the exhaust matured with the carbon deposits and such like.

The cops in Kerala are a bit over enthusiastic in catching exhaust modifications on superbikes.:deadhorse

With regards to the seat, it is a bit hard and I feel cramped for my height of 5'11'', so for now I have installed a Figo air cushion seat. They do have an option of a more sporty well contoured seat which seems almost custom made to match the shape of the Z's seat. Paying 14K for a thicker Kawasaki seat seems too much to spend for now.

Cheerio!:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by alphadog (Post 4765769)

The cops in Kerala are a bit over enthusiastic in catching exhaust modifications on superbikes.:deadhorse

Out of KL, KA and TN cops, the TN cops are by far the most chill when it comes to superbikes and loud exhausts, they literally do not care as far as you don't cause them any actual problems on the road.

KL and KA at the same time are very keen on helping you with weight-saving goals by making that wallet lighter. Lame joke, I know but some things just have to be done. stupid:

Cheers
Krishna

Quote:

It will be good to hear the growl of the Yoshi. Do post the videos of the exhaust note once it arrives.

For sure @alphadog - I will post pre- and post- soundbites of the exhaust sound here. I have learnt over a period of time, that it is a dangerous route to take to try and speak of rules to a Kerala cop. He will counter you with some vague rule that you never knew existed and make sure he makes your day even more miserable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krishnaprasadgg (Post 4765852)
Out of KL, KA and TN cops, the TN cops are by far the most chill when it comes to superbikes and loud exhausts, they literally do not care as far as you don't cause them any actual problems on the road.

KL and KA at the same time are very keen on helping you with weight-saving goals by making that wallet lighter. Lame joke, I know but some things just have to be done. stupid:

Off late, the TN cops are going a bit ballistic on aux lights - irrespective of whether you are riding a Hero Honda with el-cheapo Chinese rip off aux LEDs or a BMW GS with factory fitted LED AUX lights. Its kinda sad that they do not realise the a majority of the folks spending good money on expensive bikes will not use them irresponsibly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by killjoy (Post 4763045)
Where did you buy the seat from and do you know if they have this available for other Kawa models?

Bought it from Kawasaki showroom in Hyderabad. Its a Kawi genuine accessory, costed 14.5K but it improves the seating quite a bit. Any Kawi showroom should be able to get it in 2-3 weeks. Should be available for other models as well. Just google on Kawi US website for the specific bike model, if it's available there, it can be made available.

Quote:

I had installed a full system Akrapovic, with the carbon end can, on my Z. Even with the DB killer in, the sound was fairly loud, although not as loud as the Akra shorty end cans. It was eargasmic, but, after a month, I swapped the headers back to stock with the breadbox and cat con back in place, in the interest of other road users, but more importantly not to attract any attention of the cops. So now I have only the slip on and now its a satisfactory deep hum, which has got deeper as the exhaust matured with the carbon deposits and such like.

Thanks, you saved me some money :) .. I wanted to get Akra headers too to add to the carbon end can but the Hyd Showroom cautioned me against it saying that if headers are changed, I'll have to plug the DB killer back in else the bike will get crazy loud ..

Just installed the rear seat cowl on my Z900, got this one off AliExpress.

This is a beautiful looking naked, looks great with that Arrow, minimalist.

Got my front number plate fixed. I had to fabricate a number plate holder to get this done since CBU units don't come with the required clamps from the factory.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krishsreedharan (Post 4769810)
Got my front number plate fixed. I had to fabricate a number plate holder to get this done since CBU units don't come with the required clamps from the factory.

You should check with your Kawasaki dealer - Z900 comes with a clamp for front number plate just above the headlight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 (Post 4769982)
You should check with your Kawasaki dealer - Z900 comes with a clamp for front number plate just above the headlight.

In the beginning, I was under the same impression. However, the dealer did specifically tell me that in the last few shipments, the clamps were not sent. Hence I decided to do something different.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krishsreedharan (Post 4769810)

The bikes used to come with the clamps and the number plate itself, just above the head lamps. I had it on my bike which I purchased in end August 2019. Later, those factory plates were replaced with the HSNPs, after registration.

However, I was told by the showroom person that the later bikes are not coming with the clamps or a number plate. He muttered something about High security plates being mandatory nowadays, hence no plates or clamps from the factory, or something to that effect.

Cheerio!

Quote:

Originally Posted by trumpcard (Post 4768147)
Just installed the rear seat cowl on my Z900, got this one off AliExpress.

Hey bro, could you post more images of the same in various angles?
I just got my BS6 Z900 couple of weeks back and was seriously considering this cowl. thanks in anticipation! :D

Cheers.

Quote:

An update after a while - I have crossed about 4300kms on the ODO and finally bit the bullet and ordered a Yoshimura Street Alpha-T Slip on exhaust. Delivery is schedued in about 20 days. I will do before and after videos as well as videos with and without DB Killers and post up once done.

Wow! should go well with the bike. Are these under seat units?

I personally love the Graves low mount exhaust for your generation R1. Brings the weight down, helps in better weight distribution and sounds meaty but not stupid loud. May be in the future when you go the full system route, this is an option you'd like to keep in mind.

Have fun!!