Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2020, 00:57   #46
BHPian

Re: My 2019 Kawasaki Z900 - Bumblebee comes home

Quote:
Originally Posted by oMK1ar View Post
Hey bro, could you post more images of the same in various angles?
I just got my BS6 Z900 couple of weeks back and was seriously considering this cowl. thanks in anticipation!

Cheers.
Sure will try and do that soon, Though i do have a video on the same on my youtube channel!
Old 2nd April 2020, 12:00   #47
BHPian

I used the COVID-19 Lockdown fruitfully to give my ride a good wash. Here are the pictures after the wash.
Attached Thumbnails
My 2019 Kawasaki Z900 - Bumblebee comes home-img_0684.jpg  

My 2019 Kawasaki Z900 - Bumblebee comes home-img_0685.jpg  

My 2019 Kawasaki Z900 - Bumblebee comes home-img_0686.jpg  

My 2019 Kawasaki Z900 - Bumblebee comes home-img_0689.jpg  

My 2019 Kawasaki Z900 - Bumblebee comes home-img_0690.jpg  

My 2019 Kawasaki Z900 - Bumblebee comes home-img_0691.jpg  

My 2019 Kawasaki Z900 - Bumblebee comes home-img_0694.jpg  

My 2019 Kawasaki Z900 - Bumblebee comes home-img_0695.jpg  

My 2019 Kawasaki Z900 - Bumblebee comes home-img_0696.jpg  

My 2019 Kawasaki Z900 - Bumblebee comes home-img_0697.jpg  

krishsreedharan is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th May 2020, 10:38   #48
BHPian

Hi all,

Now that there's a partial relaxation of restrictions due to COVID-19, I got a call from my Kawasaki dealer stating that they were open for service - subject to certain restrictions laid down by the local Collectorate. One of the restrictions was that I cannot wait there and collect the bike.

Yesterday morning, they sent one of the SA's to come to my house and collect the bike for its 6k/6month service that was due. The bike was picked up by the SA by around 9am. At the time of pick-up, I demonstrated to him, the non-working fast idle at cold start as also the un-even idle once the engine had warmed up.

Later in the day, he sent me this picture which was taken during the course of cleaning of the butterfly valves. One could see quite a fair bit of carbon deposits on the valves as well as on the cloth used to clean the valves.

My 2019 Kawasaki Z900 - Bumblebee comes home-img20200513wa0010.jpg

I got a call by around 2:30pm informing me that the work was done and also the amount. The bill for this service came up to ₹ 4,988 net of all taxes.

The bike was delivered to me around 5:30pm. Even though I did not test ride the bike, I could make out a marked difference in the sound between what it was when he rode out of my house in the morning and again, when he rode into the house in the evening.

This morning, I used the bike for my morning commute and it felt super smooth as compared to what I was before the service - like a hot knife cutting into a block of butter.

I am pretty happy and now need to try finding excuses in-between work to go out on rides more often.
krishsreedharan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 16:04   #49
BHPian

Hi all!

Back again after a long time. There have been some changes to Bumblebee that I would like to update.

First off, removed the stock exhaust endcan and replaced it with a Yoshimura Streel Alpha-T slip on. This gives the Z some cred in the looks department and I simply love the Yoshi's soft growl at idle and the smooth snarl at speed. It has not gotten me in trouble with the law and hence, I presume its below the max allowable sound limit - if there exists one in India.

My 2019 Kawasaki Z900 - Bumblebee comes home-screenshot-20200622-3.18.04-pm.png

On the tyres front, replaced the stock Dunlops with a pair of Michelin Road 5s. Bike is way more checkable post this change.

My 2019 Kawasaki Z900 - Bumblebee comes home-screenshot-20200622-3.17.29-pm.png

Another addition to the gadget list is the INNOVV K2 Front and Rear dashcam with DVR and GPS. The unit does 1080p x 30fps on both cameras and is connected to running power. The unit powers up when I turn on the ignition and powers down when I turn it off. There is also a parking mode when any sudden shake of the bike turns on recording on both cams for a short while.

My 2019 Kawasaki Z900 - Bumblebee comes home-screenshot-20200622-3.16.11-pm.png

As you can see in the picture above, the mounting points are fairly discrete.

A sample video of the feed from the cameras can be found below:

Cheers!
Krish
krishsreedharan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 17:28   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishsreedharan View Post
Hi all,

Yesterday morning, they sent one of the SA's to come to my house and collect the bike for its 6k/6month service that was due. The bike was picked up by the SA by around 9am. At the time of pick-up, I demonstrated to him, the non-working fast idle at cold start as also the un-even idle once the engine had warmed up.

Later in the day, he sent me this picture which was taken during the course of cleaning of the butterfly valves. One could see quite a fair bit of carbon deposits on the valves as well as on the cloth used to clean the valves.
6000 kms run, 4 cylinder, japanese litre class bike needs valve cleaning and carbon deposits ?

i have a D390 which has run 11K KMS and 3 years old, whose valves havent been cleaned at all or the head opened so far.

Is it a special case or all litre class bikes need such frequent elaborate maintenance ? or is it the quality of the fuel ?

I was about to jump into the litre class bandwagon, but i like kind of reliable and fuss free(Fill it shut it types) bikes, now this is a bit scary.
revv_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 17:42   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
6000 kms run, 4 cylinder, japanese litre class bike needs valve cleaning and carbon deposits ?

i have a D390 which has run 11K KMS and 3 years old, whose valves havent been cleaned at all or the head opened so far.

Is it a special case or all litre class bikes need such frequent elaborate maintenance ? or is it the quality of the fuel ?
First off, let me clarify - neither were the valves cleaned nor the head opened. It was just the throttle body butterfly valves and the downstream fuel injectors.

Basically, its all about the quality of fuel. History in my case was that I was experimenting a bit with regular fuel from various sources HP/IndianOil/Essar/BP ... before settling down with BP.

Post the service, I shifted to Speed95 from BP and the engine has been purring like a well fed kitten.

Coming to the maintenance bit, a 4 Cyl engine developing 120+ horses is quite a different beast as compared to the D390 engine. It does require a wee bit more attention then your average engine - make sure oil quality is good (no discolouration), fuel filters are clean etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac
I was about to jump into the litre class bandwagon, but i like kind of reliable and fuss free(Fill it shut it types) bikes, now this is a bit scary.
Litre class bikes might not be the kind of fill it shut it types. Especially in the chain and sprocket department. You will have to give a fair bit of TLC every 500 kms if you are riding regularly, or after every hot and fast ride that you do over the weekend. The front sprocket especially, can pick up a lot of junk and give you issues in the long term if not looked after.

Otherwise, its as reliable as any other bike.

Cheers!
Krish

Last edited by krishsreedharan : 22nd June 2020 at 17:45. Reason: Added an extra clarification on the subject being discussed.
krishsreedharan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 18:08   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Some more information on this INNOVV K2 Front and Rear dashcam with DVR and GPS would be useful for the rest of us.
Red Liner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 10:54   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
First off, removed the stock exhaust endcan and replaced it with a Yoshimura Streel Alpha-T slip on. This gives the Z some cred in the looks department and I simply love the Yoshi's soft growl at idle and the smooth snarl at speed. It has not gotten me in trouble with the law and hence, I presume its below the max allowable sound limit - if there exists one in India.
Do share some idling and ride by clips of the Z900 with the Yoshi exhaust. Im sure it will be lovely! Where did you source it from?

To my knowledge, the sound limit for motorcycles in 80 Db. This is the source, if anyone knows of any updated regulations, please do share it here.

My 2019 Kawasaki Z900 - Bumblebee comes home-capture.png

Quote:
On the tyres front, replaced the stock Dunlops with a pair of Michelin Road 5s. Bike is way more checkable post this change.
The Road 5 has been getting great reviews from so many Indian bikers. Great choice!

Quote:
Another addition to the gadget list is the INNOVV K2 Front and Rear dashcam with DVR and GPS. The unit does 1080p x 30fps on both cameras and is connected to running power. The unit powers up when I turn on the ignition and powers down when I turn it off. There is also a parking mode when any sudden shake of the bike turns on recording on both cams for a short while.
More details please on this. It looks very discreet and useful. Any points on sourcing it, installation details, cost involved etc would be very helpful for all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post

There was a discussion which happened on the Z650 thread regarding the fuel quality requirements for some, not all, of the Kawasaki big bikes. You can read (2020 Kawasaki Ninja 650 unveiled. Edit: Launched at 6.24 lakh) more here.

Basically, not all big bikes are OK with the lower rated RON fuel. Do check some of the ownership threads in the superbikes section to see how fellow BHPians have been dealing with the lack of premium fuel across our country.
Old 23rd June 2020, 11:15   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Some more information on this INNOVV K2 Front and Rear dashcam with DVR and GPS would be useful for the rest of us.
Please bear with me for a few days. Will share all the details in the appropriate area of this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Do share some idling and ride by clips of the Z900 with the Yoshi exhaust. Im sure it will be lovely! Where did you source it from?
Please check out the video below. Feed from the dashcam with a little tweaking on the sound track to reduce the gearbox whine. Gives you a fair idea of what the Yoshi sounds like. Sourced it from BikeGear.in

Last edited by krishsreedharan : 23rd June 2020 at 11:15. Reason: Added more details.
krishsreedharan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 11:02   #55
BHPian

Thanks for the update. Useful additions to the bike.
The Yoshimura slip on does sound good. It is a deep rumble at slow speeds and a nice growl out on the open roads.

Michelin Road 5 is the tyre upgrade, I would go for, mostly.

I am also totally impressed by that dual camera that you have installed. This is something, I really would like to do on my bikes. As others have asked and as you have mentioned, I will wait for your post regarding sourcing and fitting.

Meanwhile, enjoy your bike and wishing you happy riding.

Cheerio!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks