Team-BHP - 2020 Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   2020 Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/215255-2020-honda-cbr1000rr-r-fireblade.html)

Honda has pulled the covers off the new Fireblade that produces a segment-best 214.56bhp @ 14,500rpm.

2020 Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade-195893_2020_honda_cbr1000rrr_sp.jpg

2020 Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade-fireblade3.jpeg

2020 Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade-fireblade2.jpeg

2020 Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade-195895_2020_honda_cbr1000rrr_sp.jpg

2020 Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade-195906_2020_honda_cbr1000rrr_sp.jpg

The bike now gains an extra 'R' in the nomenclature - CBR1000RR-R. There’s a higher-spec CBR1000RR-R SP version. Both bikes use the same engine, which is claimed to have the same internal dimensions as the RC213V MotoGP bike, unlike the predecessor.

Electronics include three riding modes, six-axis IMU, traction control and launch control as standard, whereas the SP also gets an up/down quickshifter. Showa BPF forks + Showa BFRC-Light rear shock, with Nissin brakes comes as standard, whereas the SP gets Ohlins electronic control suspension at both ends allied to Brembo Stylema stoppers.

Quote:

The CBR1000RR-R is a brand-new motorcycle, built with an unwavering focus on circuit riding, with unprecedented levels of performance and control. Its inline four-cylinder engine draws heavily on the RC213V-S’s combustion efficiency *and low-friction technologies – while also sharing its bore and stroke; it also features titanium con-rods and forged aluminium pistons. Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC) has been optimised and adjustable Start Mode added to Power, Engine Brake and Wheelie Control. An aluminium diamond frame features a longer RC213V-S-style swingarm, with six-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU), 3-level Honda Electronic Steering Damper (HESD) and Showa suspension front and rear. New Nissin brake calipers bite 330mm discs through 2-level ABS. The bodywork and riding position have an uncompromising focus on aerodynamic performance, and the fairing features MotoGP-derived winglets to generate downforce. A full-colour TFT screen and Honda Smart Key are the finishing touches.
Key Features

Engine

Engine/Electronics

Chassis

Aerodynamic Package & Equipment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K09XNc6INsk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oid6JrLpkxg&t=27s

Quote:

Mr Yuzuru Ishikawa, Large Project Leader (LPL) 20YM CBR1000RR-R Fireblade

This year a brand-new Fireblade is born. And our intentions are crystal clear. The CBR1000RR-R’s battleground has moved to the race track, where its advanced performance can be most fully demonstrated. The engine has the same bore and stroke as the RC213V, and we have chosen to maintain an inline four-cylinder engine configuration and regular combustion interval for the freedom in packaging, high power and ease of control this layout affords. We firmly believe riders everywhere can experience a whole new level of performance with our new CBR1000RR-R – a machine in its element on the track.
Read the full press release here.

The Rebel 300 and 500 released along with this also looks good. But could be costly for Indian market. Not sure if they can try to localize and take a shot ?

Mouth watering... Both the videos are shot real well too...

Honda have hit this out of the park. I have always been a fan of the Fireblade, an evergreen motorcycle. The last iteration was accused for not having enough power(in terms of numbers) when compared to the competition. But this one has more than enough BHP to silence the number hungry crowd.

A potent superbike with touring credentials if I am not wrong.

Thank you Honda for keeping the Japanese design element alive! Love the looks of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aghate (Post 4687586)
A potent superbike with touring credentials if I am not wrong.

Doubt the touring credentials. Looks like Honda went full-on aggressive this time around.

Yeah. Loving it. :thumbs up

After being outclassed with the previous gen by its European rivals, Honda is back and how. The power figures on the motor are class leading and I am sure the bike will retain its legacy of being the sweetest litre bike to ride. To my mind the most interesting bit is that aero scoop on the fairing. Expect to see more of these as the other bikes go through generation changes.
Just wish Honda got its act together on the sales & service of big bikes in India.

Is the up/down quick shifter standard only on the SP or even on the standard RR-R? At that price point and segment, an up/down quick shifter is a must have in my humble opinion. Great post. Thank you 😊

Quote:

Originally Posted by aveoman19 (Post 4687816)
Is the up/down quick shifter standard only on the SP or even on the standard RR-R? At that price point and segment, an up/down quick shifter is a must have in my humble opinion. Great post. Thank you 😊

Its an optional extra on the standard CBRRR.

Lovely looking kit from Honda. It does warrant to be called the CBRR-R. With that extra "R" seems like everything came together for them on this motorcycle.

The design seems on point for everyone. The winglets seem to be a part of the design rather than a afterthought. I think this also comes stock with the Akrapovic and i love that long can. Reminds you of the good old 90's.

Guess with so much power comes great pricing too. But it's a Honda and if taken care, should also last you a lifetime and more.

With this CBR new launch, Honda has taken the game to the next level. clap:
Waiting to see how other Japanese/ European manufacturers respond. It's so incredible that Electronics has changed so much over the years.
We need more Race Tracks in India. please:
My 2018 Honda Africa Twin has 80 different settings which I'am still trying to understand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happysmiles (Post 4687850)
My 2018 Honda Africa Twin has 80 different settings which I'am still trying to understand.

Ha ha..am with you on this one. Same with me, i simply haven't figured out all the stuff possible on my monster and there is enough on it though it's a 2016 one!
Simply reading the list of tech packed into automobiles these days gives me a brain freeze. These bikes are so cutting edge that unless you have been seriously working with them to fine tune your riding (on the track i guess), the tech could last you for the next 10yrs! Maybe a lifetime cause you are never going to push them to the limits they ar designed for.

Mcnews Australia have but up a brilliant article highlighting and explaining in detail the changes between the normal and SP version of the 2020 model and also the changes as compared to the existing model.

Posting some mouthwatering pics from their site :D

2020 Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade-2020hondafirebladecbr1000rr4.jpg

2020 Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade-2020hondafirebladecbr1000rr7.jpg

2020 Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade-2020hondafirebladecbr1000rrsp6.jpg

2020 Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade-2020hondafirebladecbr1000rrsp10.jpg

2020 Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade-2020hondafirebladecbr1000rrsp14.jpg

2020 Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade-2020hondafirebladecbr1000rrsp16.jpg

2020 Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade-2020hondafirebladecbr1000rrsp20.jpg

2020 Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade-2020hondafirebladecbr1000rrsp22.jpg

2020 Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade-2020hondafirebladecbr1000rrsp24.jpg

You can read the full article on the below link

http://https://www.mcnews.com.au/202...eblade-217-hp/

would love it if the 650R got the tail section from either this or the previous Blade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nithesh_M (Post 4688779)
would love it if the 650R got the tail section from either this or the previous Blade.

I always liked the simple and short tail of the previous blade and thankfully 650F had a very similar tail design too.

Never liked the current blade angular tail light pattern and the 650R is a bit hit/miss too.

However, this looks like a proper back side. :D

I love it!!

Rachit

Guess we really do not appreciate the 'R RR-R as much as it deserves, because of the proximity in specs to Ducati Panigale V4 and the Aprilia RSV4 - at least I did! But then, I forgot that both those machines were closer to 1100cc than the usual 999cc.

Comparing the 998/999cc motors - it is indeed a feat that Honda has achieved here. Blew even the BMW with shiftcam away nice and clean!

CBR RR-R - 214.56bhp
S1000RR - 207 hp

ZX10R - 200hp
GSX 1000R - 199hp
R1 - 197hp