Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2019, 19:16   #16
BHPian

Re: AMB 001: Aston Martin's first motorcycle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
This is not meant for sitting and riding. Probably, the only way to ride could be, to sleep and ride. But, My only query is, how to lay bed on this curved surface thing?

Jokes apart, Forget long rides, Is it really possible to ride even 20 kms on this bike? I really cannot imagine my back to be in the same shape after riding this bike.
I think the two words highlighted below in the opening post answers all your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The AMB 001 by Aston Martin and Brough Superior made its worldwide debut at EICMA, the Milan Motorcycle Shows, today.

Strictly limited to just 100 examples, the track-only AMB 001 tries to combine Aston Martin design with Brough Superior engineering. The AMB 001 boasts a turbo-charged output of 134 kW (180 hp) at just 180 kilos dry weight.

Read the full press release here.

IMO there is no windscreen and the front fairing is too small to deflect air above the riders helmet. Not a practical track bike.

Last edited by autoholic : 6th November 2019 at 19:29. Reason: last line added
Old 6th November 2019, 20:07   #17
BHPian

The design does not even pretend to be anything remotely useful in the real world. An attempt to feed off the 007 franchise.

Perhaps MSD may think of getting one, will complete his lineup starting from the RD350 to the H2 culminating with the Aston Martin on 2 wheels!
Old 6th November 2019, 21:32   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

I am not liking the design at all. Tried to be very different to differentiate itself. I feel the number od people disliking the bike will outnumber the ones liking it.

Phew!
Old 6th November 2019, 23:59   #19
BHPian

All I'm gonna say on this thread is: "Don't trust your taste, chances are you have none".

I'm pretty neutral on the design. It looks cool, but I expected something more radical from Aston Martin.

Design choices apart, I wish they went with a more exotic engine like a V4 or a straight 6 or something.
I still feel Lotus has the best "car maker's occasional dabble into bikes" bike yet.
Attached Thumbnails
AMB 001: Aston Martin's first motorcycle!-06lotusc01.jpg  

Old 18th November 2019, 10:25   #20
BANNED

It is more of piece of art, emotions(considering AM and Brough Superior's combined effort) and collectors Bike so riding comfort etc hardly matters and with these two big names from the history with just 100 bikes I doubt anyone really into riding is going to pick them, it's purely for collection and show off that what British engineering was.
Old 18th November 2019, 10:37   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Anyone who complains about their motorcycle seat will probably shut up after looking at this one.
Probably the other half of the seat (including suspension) is in the butt end of the riding gear. They did say its track only. So the logic is that its a slide friendly seat .
Old 15th February 2020, 08:31   #22
Team-BHP Support

Looks like the press rides may happen by December -

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks