Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2019, 15:49   #1
BHPian

Harley Davidson 1200 Custom: Which after market exhaust?

Hi guys, I recently purchased a Harley 1200 custom and quite disappointed with the exhaust note. Any experts here who could guide me? Wasn't too kicked about the ones the dealership offered (too pricey and only 2 options).

I do only long highway rides and don't want to change the stock look (want to retain the twin chrome pipes)... please help!

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th November 2019 at 16:20. Reason: Fixing typos. Please do proof-read your posts before submitting.
Old 6th November 2019, 09:06   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Harley Davidson 1200 Custom: Which after market exhaust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambro View Post
I do only long highway rides and don't want to change the stock look (want to retain the twin chrome pipes)... please help!
Congratulations on the 1200 Custom, nice motorcycle!

Screaming Eagles and Vance & Hines offer a wide rang of ezhaust systems for Harley Davidson motorcycles. Prices and options in the US are plenty but it will be difficult for someone to carry it done as baggage. Another option would be scoring a deal for a used system on www.ebay.com, plenty of trusted sellers on there with exhaustive feedback scores to bank on

The easiest and most cost effective way to make noisenos empty the glasswool to your liking from the end cansister but that will surely void your warranty and may have long terms effect on the life of the engine.
manson is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 09:54   #3
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the 1200 Lampro. I would suggest you to stick to the stock exhausts if you are doing long highway rides. Loud exhausts can really get irritating on long rides. They feel good for a few minutes - but then they start getting on to you.

Screaming Eagles are LOUD so I would not advise. The Vance and Hines look very similar to the OE exhausts and are not very loud. What Manson has suggested is the best option. You get to retain your original exhaust + get a bump in the sound.
v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 09:54   #4
BHPian

Thank you Mason, i have zeroed in on a Vance n Hines from a local dealer here.

https://www.highnoteperformance.com/...ant=6919867077
Old 7th November 2019, 00:39   #5
BHPian

Last week by coincidence I just came across a company Moto Wings Performance in Coimbatore that makes aftermarket exhausts for the Sportster. They seem to be making some nice looking & nice sounding exhausts for the RE650 twins(they are on YouTube).

https://motowingsperformance.com/

Btw, if you are on FB, you could also join the group "Harley Davidson only, Parts and Accessories for Sale, Swap or Trade (INDIA)"
From time to time some nice new or used stuff comes up for sale.

Last edited by Haroon : 7th November 2019 at 00:44.
Haroon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 10:57   #6
BHPian

[quote=v12;4687901]Congrats on the 1200 Lampro. I would suggest you to stick to the stock exhausts if you are doing long highway rides. Loud exhausts can really get irritating on long rides. They feel good for a few minutes - but then they start getting on to you.

thank you V12, yes i am looking for something mild just to hear the beat better
Old 8th November 2019, 12:20   #7
BHPian

[quote=Haroon;4688579]Last week by coincidence I just came across a company Moto Wings Performance in Coimbatore that makes aftermarket exhausts for the Sportster. They seem to be making some nice looking & nice sounding exhausts for the RE650 twins(they are on YouTube).

https://motowingsperformance.com/

I just pinged these guys, lets see what they say. Thank you for the lead Haroon.
Lambro is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks