Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 8th November 2019, 21:00   #1
BHPian

Default Husqvarna Norden 901 concept unveiled; Stylish mid-weight ADV motorcycle

This rad looking shroud of sexiness was bejeweled and crowned in the land of the Vikings and is adorned around the brain and brawn of it's entrepreneur cousin in Austria. Some say it's silhouette is reminiscent of a certain Indian made adv-tourer but I digress.

Details are only trickling in from all around and most of it is speculation, here are few:
  • Named as the Husqvarna Norden 901, is a concept machine for now, Norden means 'the North' in German and Scandinavian, a reference to the Nordic countries.
  • Has the new 890cc parallel-twin engine from the new KTM 890 Duke but tuned for adventure use.
  • Uses a 21-inch front wheel and an 18-inch rear, just like the KTM 790 Adventure R, and has the WP suspension.
  • Promises best-in-class lightness and compactness compared to it's ever-growing Hulk-like competitors in the segment.
  • Seems like a Husky made app will help your smartphone pickup navigation and other functionalities and vice-versa from the dash.

Source - Cycle World

Ultimate Motorcycling
Attached Thumbnails
Husqvarna Norden 901 concept unveiled; Stylish mid-weight ADV motorcycle-dxvukxa56v44vcc6dlayb7yyoy.jpg  

Husqvarna Norden 901 concept unveiled; Stylish mid-weight ADV motorcycle-lhj5jfnlumxlloyuijm5jtqtom.jpg  

Husqvarna Norden 901 concept unveiled; Stylish mid-weight ADV motorcycle-la73ffpdohxosfgefsscorzxbm.jpg  

Husqvarna Norden 901 concept unveiled; Stylish mid-weight ADV motorcycle-husqvarnanorden901adeicma2019.jpg  

Husqvarna Norden 901 concept unveiled; Stylish mid-weight ADV motorcycle-s7pwny7eoolkouyjd4aibrjguy.jpg  

Attached Images

tjacob is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2019, 21:48   #2
BHPian

Default re: Husqvarna Norden 901 concept unveiled; Stylish mid-weight ADV motorcycle

Man these guys know how to design. In my opinion ADV bikes are the toughest to make to look good. But these guys have nailed it. It is good looking and purpose built. I just loved its stance.

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2019, 22:24   #3
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Husqvarna Norden 901 concept unveiled; Stylish mid-weight ADV motorcycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
Some say it's silhouette is reminiscent of a certain Indian made adv-tourer
Exactly what came to my mind as well!

A beautiful design nevertheless! Beauty is not something you associate with adventure tourers - but this one is sort of an exception.

I hope more manufacturers try retro designs for their adventure range as well.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2019, 09:52   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
This rad looking shroud of sexiness was bejeweled and crowned in the land of the Vikings and is adorned around the brain and brawn of it's entrepreneur cousin in Austria. Some say it's silhouette is reminiscent of a certain Indian made adv-tourer but I digress.
Cannot agree more. It certainly looks "inspired" but much more refined!

All Husqvarna bike are fantastically designed. Check the 701 bike or the Svartpilen Aero .
One thing I don't understand is why the parent KTM sticks to the hideous insectoid looks.
timuseravan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2019, 12:42   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
Cannot agree more. It certainly looks "inspired" but much more refined!

All Husqvarna bike are fantastically designed. Check the 701 bike or the Svartpilen Aero .
One thing I don't understand is why the parent KTM sticks to the hideous insectoid looks.
I think beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.

The KTM designs are a lot more brash, in your face, and younger looking. I love them.

The huskies are more aged, classic beethoven, and looks more beholden to someone in their 50's if I may say so myself

I like both of them equally, but if forced to choose will go with the Husky.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote