Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2021, 09:28   #301
BHPian

Re: Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboGTR View Post
This very bike is same as Krishna's steed. Hardly gets ridden and refuses to tag along with a GA reg 650F
akshayhonda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2021, 20:01   #302
BHPian

Update Post

Not a lot of riding has happened since the last post. Apart from doing a short 14kms ride to get the PUC of the bike up to date. But as it turned out the ride ended on an eventful note. The neutral light issue has popped up again. After the jugaad fix, we did and after a good 130kms ride post the fix the neutral indicator worked flawlessly.
The same while getting the PUC test done, usually I would have to support the bike on my legs because if I were to deploy the kickstand the bike would have cut off since the neutral indicator wasn't working when the bike was hot, but this time it worked like a charm, no problem.

The curious case of the Neutral Light
Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-img_3228.jpeg

But the very moment I rolled into my garage and popped the bike to neutral the indicator stopped working.

Meanwhile, the rest of the 2 weekends were spent testing out a few products. And being a person who just hates cleaning/washing bikes, I must say these products are a lifesaver.

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-49a5f970609748e294c24137ec46a55d.jpeg

Especially the S1000 Wheel cleaner and the Maxima Degreaser, cleaning up the wheels was so easy with this. And the degreaser works wonders on the chain too. Like the idiot I am I forgot to take before/after pics of the results so for now you'll have to take my words for it. But these products aren't cheap, but being lazy comes at a price, so hey..what can you do about it really.

Anyways, today decided to take a ride up to Calicut to visit Xaos636. Well, it wasn't the only agenda for the ride, I had decided that it was time to give the R1 a good TLC at the hands of some proper experts rather than my pesky attempts of "washing" the bike so zeroed in on a shop at Calicut based on Xaos636's experience with his vehicles.

En-route to Calicut
Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-img_3293.jpeg

You have arrived at your destination
Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-img_3297.jpeg

So yeah the bike finally is getting the start of the TLC plans that I have set for her. Starting with the full deep clean, paint correction, and a ceramic treatment.

Clicked during one of our many mindless discussions of the future R1 plans
Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-img_3306.jpeg

The plan if I may, was for me to ride down to Calicut, drop off the bike at his house, and ride down back on his CBR650F. This way the bike gets worked on under the careful eyes of Xaos636, I get to enjoy the CBR for a week or so and he gets to enjoy the R1 too.

Xaos636's steed, not going to lie, giving him the keys to the R1 in it's filthy state and riding out on a spick and spank clean CBR wasn't really a bad start to my day

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-img_3309.jpeg

Back at Base, luckily it did not rain and get the bike all gunky.
Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-img_3310.jpeg

The garage for the coming few weeks. The Japs have got the Brit cornered pretty well.

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-img_3312.jpeg

I Will post pics of the bike post the TLC treatment. Until then I'll post the very few pics I took of the ride today.

Cheers
Krishna
krishnaprasadgg is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th September 2021, 23:14   #303
BHPian

How is it that Xaos636 gets conned by you every single time.

He is truly a good mate to give you his bike, so that he has to baby sit yours, get it all cleaned and dolled up and deliver it to you while you do nothing. At the same time, you ride his equally clean bike. It's always a win win situation for you.

@xaos636, mate, just keep the R1 and don't return it.

Love the post. The R1 needs a better key ring though, as much as I love the Simpsons.

Last edited by no_fear : 10th September 2021 at 23:17.
no_fear is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th September 2021, 23:52   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
How is it that Xaos636 gets conned by you every single time.

He is truly a good mate to give you his bike, so that he has to baby sit yours, get it all cleaned and dolled up and deliver it to you while you do nothing. At the same time, you ride his equally clean bike. It's always a win win situation for you.

@xaos636, mate, just keep the R1 and don't return it.

Love the post. The R1 needs a better key ring though, as much as I love the Simpsons.

You make me sound like a evil genius each time. But in reality its the other way round. Now let me run away before xaos636 reads this.

Anyways jokes aside. Me and xaos636 have been riding together for over 10 years now. So there is a very high level of trust there that our machines are in trusted hands. With the only exception being I hate cleaning bikes while he loves to do that. I mean it shows right, you’d never catch his bike looking dirty and caked in road grime while my bike is almost always a “bit” dirty. I swear, not a single decent bike wash service center is available in my area.

Now he gets to enjoy the r1 for a few weeks.

Ay, caramba! cmon Arya, I don’t think anything suits the R1 better than Bart simpsons mug. The perfect embodiment for the r1 if you ask me! Haha.

Cheers
Krishna
krishnaprasadgg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 00:08   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnaprasadgg View Post
You make me sound like a evil genius each time. But in reality its the other way roundI swear, not a single decent bike wash service center is available in my area.
You are an evil genius. I know you and xaox are tight but he is your concierge service for the R1..

Anytime the R1 needs to be ferried in heavy traffic or cleaned up, it's xaos to the rescue. Can't be coincidence..
no_fear is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 23:49   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Anytime the R1 needs to be ferried in heavy traffic or cleaned up, it's xaos to the rescue. Can't be coincidence..
True that, and this time he isn't getting it back
Some very interesting pampering have been happening to the big R. Will let the owner do the honor of sharing the pics.

Last edited by Xaos636 : 17th September 2021 at 23:52.
Xaos636 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th September 2021, 19:06   #307
BHPian

Got my mind blown away today. Not gonna lie, haven't felt so good looking at a machine this much. Finally got to see the R1 in all its glory, felt like a completely new factory fresh bike.

Ok ok, let me just let the pic do the talking.

If looks could kill
Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-img_3336.jpeg

Channeling my inner Tony Montana for this one. 'The eyes chico they never lie!'
Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-img_3349.jpeg

Here are a few more under the well lit shop light.

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-img_3337.jpeg

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-img_3339.jpeg

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-img_3340.jpeg

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-img_3341.jpeg

Here's Xaos636 striking a pose for the camera, please appreciate the amount of dedication he is putting in to make it look like it was a candid shot
Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-img_3350.jpeg

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-img_3346.jpeg

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-img_3342.jpeg

Now, this is something that just blew me away, the little detail that makes a world of difference.

The numbered badge before
Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-before.jpeg

The numbered badge after, look as good as factory fresh
Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-after.jpeg

Now here are a few while she is out and about outside in the real world. None of these photos are edited or color adjusted

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-img_3354.jpeg

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-img_3353.jpeg

P.s: Don't mind the lack of jacket/boots/gloves. This was for some client portfolio work for the shop's social accounts. We had gone there to inspect the work in Car. We have dressed for the ride appropriately while taking her back home.

Something about the next 2 pics just makes me happy beyond measure.

Gleaming
Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-img_3356.jpeg

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-img_3355.jpeg

So this is another change that we had decided to do, Both the Yamaha and Yamalube stickers had gotten damaged when the bike was dropped by me almost a year back. So finally had decided to get new stickers done and applied. But something about the Yamalube sticker just didn't sit right. So ultimately we made the decision to get rid of it and I think the result speaks for itself.

Before
Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-img_3305.jpeg

After. New Yamaha sticker applied
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3336.jpeg
Views:	43
Size:	2.95 MB
ID:	2208688

Now it is not all sunshine and rainbows even in this post. As I had mentioned right at the beginning of this thread, the bike had been dropped once while in the previous owner's hands and it had left some damage on the front headlight mask panel and the rear panel, both on the right side. While the damage was never apparent in pics or looking from a distance the patchwork that was done on the bike left a lot to be desired for.

While I was aware that buffing the panels to get the paint correction process done the bad patchwork would surface up in an ugly way but I was totally ok with it because honestly, I prefer it the way it looks now rather than how it was before in those parts.

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-damage2.jpeg

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-damage1.jpeg

The plan always was for these panels to get replaced, but honestly, over the past few months I have been having 2nd thought and to actually try and get this fixed and paint matched to the best way it can be done should be the first attempt and that is what I will be doing next. Not to mention a bill of almost 50k just for these 2 panels and the wait time for Yamaha OEM parts nowadays have also given this though more time to cement itself in my mind. Will keep you guys updated throughout that process also.

So yeah, that's about it for the TLC results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
True that, and this time he isn't getting it back
Sigh, and true to his words, he didn't let me take the R1 home instead I had to be content with the famous Calicut Halwa and the sweet symphony of the Akra. Naturally, I had to get enough of it to make me feel better and ended up having filled my bag and was heavy enough to warrant strapping it onto the rear seat of the CBR.

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-return1.jpeg

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-return2.jpeg

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-return3.jpeg

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-return5.jpeg

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-return4.jpeg

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-tocalicut.jpeg

Oh btw, the R1 hit another Milestone on the ODO. She's 28k strong now.
Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-1.jpeg

Cheers
Krishna
krishnaprasadgg is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 18th September 2021, 20:39   #308
BHPian

Simply gorgeous sir, I could sit and stare at it all day 😍
deepfreak15 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 20:24   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Here's Xaos636 striking a pose for the camera, please appreciate the amount of dedication he is putting in to make it look like it was a candid shot
Attachment 2208680
Ahem xaos is probably thinking "what if I just blocked KP's phone number and never returned him the R1? Would save me a lot of headache"

Awesome pics and as usual a lot of love and pride being poured on your baby. Pls post some more with you actually riding it and not making xaos the stand in.

Btw, did the detailing owner put all the money in the marble floor? I have never seen such opulent marble flooring except in the 5 star hotels. And what's with the gold streaks in the marble? Some subliminal hints about Mallu love for gold? Couldn't resist.

Last edited by no_fear : 19th September 2021 at 20:25.
no_fear is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 08:37   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfreak15 View Post
Simply gorgeous sir, I could sit and stare at it all day 😍
Me too!

Quote:
Ahem xaos is probably thinking "what if I just blocked KP's phone number and never returned him the R1? Would save me a lot of headache"
Haha!! No doubt.

Quote:
Awesome pics and as usual a lot of love and pride being poured on your baby. Pls post some more with you actually riding it and not making xaos the stand in.
Thanks, mate, hopefully, this is just the start of the pampering, few more things have been planned, will take some time to materialize, but I am sure it'll be worth it. And about photos of me with the bike, chances of that are slim, I hate getting my photos with the bike (or in general) clicked and photoshoots while riding is something that again I don't get(I think my career option as an Instagram influencer goes out the window), feels a lot gimmicky, unless it's for a company's portfolio or something, then I understand the purpose of it.
But yeah, I'd be more than happy to take and post pics of the bike here.

Quote:
Btw, did the detailing owner put all the money in the marble floor? I have never seen such opulent marble flooring except in the 5 star hotels. And what's with the gold streaks in the marble? Some subliminal hints about Mallu love for gold? Couldn't resist.

Now I don't know if it's marble or not, but yeah it does leak opulence, that much even I felt.

Cheers
Krishna
krishnaprasadgg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 00:57   #311
BHPian

Wow! Wow! And another Wow!. She looks stunning. Makes the 'Exclusivity Tag' more mouth-watering IMHO. How much did the detailing cost you? Is it a durable investment? Waiting eagerly!
mugen_pinaki27 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 01:18   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Got my mind blown away today. Not gonna lie, haven't felt so good looking at a machine this much. Finally got to see the R1 in all its glory, felt like a completely new factory fresh bike.
Oh Boy!! This is so unfair. Now you are simply making a very large population of crazy folks seriously jealous!!

She looks spanking hot brother!! You are planting bad ideas in people's minds.

How is your review of that Maxima Chain Lube? Thinking of giving it a shot. Currently using Putoline.

CHEERS!!
Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 08:04   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen_pinaki27 View Post
Wow! Wow! And another Wow!. She looks stunning. Makes the 'Exclusivity Tag' more mouth-watering IMHO.
Thanks a lot, mate. I fully agree with the 'Exclusivity Tag' part, makes it a tiny bit more special and proud for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen_pinaki27 View Post
How much did the detailing cost you? Is it a durable investment? Waiting eagerly!
They offer it at around 10-12k or so, but full disclosure, I approached them through my close friend who knows the owner personally so I did get a very good price for the work they did on my bike, it'd be unfair to them if I disclose it.
Anyways, moving ahead, I opted for the proper decontamination, paint correction, and a single-layer ceramic coating. I don't see the point of going multi-layer with ceramic coating especially with the prices in the market for such detailed jobs it just seems excessive(Have had my hands burnt with a certain big shot ceramic detailer when I got their multi-layer detailing done on my Ecosport when it was brand new.) unless you are looking to seal it all up with PPF also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Oh Boy!! This is so unfair. Now you are simply making a very large population of crazy folks seriously jealous!!
She looks spanking hot brother!! You are planting bad ideas in people's minds.
. I guess my job is done then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
How is your review of that Maxima Chain Lube? Thinking of giving it a shot. Currently using Putoline.
CHEERS!!
Rachit
So far the best I have used tbh. Been using it for over a year easily. The fact that it is wax and not runny type lube it's great because it doesn't fling off as much when you ride and also. as an added bonus the mess it makes on the rear wheel also is so much lesser.
Recently I happened to come across this video too that cemented it for me as the best product to use for Chain maintenance. The video is a bit long, but do have a look.

Cheers
Krishna
krishnaprasadgg is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 10:44   #314
BHPian

The eagle has landed (Back home)!

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-01.jpg

This pic was taken by my brother on his DSLR, image quality is just something else isn't it?

Rode down to Calicut again this week. This is my 3rd trip in 3 weeks.
1st one was to give the bike for detailing

2nd to inspect the work done on the bike and collect it from the shop, but left it at Bhpian Xaos636's trusting hands for it to cure a bit longer and also so that both of us can have a change in bikes for a while and this week being the

Here are few pics of when he rode to the famous Wayanad Ghats. He is too lazy to post it here so I am doing it for him.

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-i1.jpeg

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-i2.jpeg

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-i3.jpeg

Anyways, to continue, the 3rd time to collect the bike.

The 650F hit 32k km on the do today
Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-f1.jpeg

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-f2.jpeg

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-f3.jpeg

This time around we managed to fit the R&G radiator guard on Xaos636's 650F. Quick and easy install, was all over in about 15 mins of removing the fairing.

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-cbr_01.jpg

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-cbr_02.jpg

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-cbr_03.jpg

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-cbr_04.jpg

The return trip was very interesting with heavy traffic, bad roads, high temperatures(both bike's and weather-wise too) and almost being taken out by an auto.

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-r1.jpeg

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-r2.jpeg

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-r3.jpeg

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-r4.jpeg

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-r5.jpeg

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-r6.jpeg

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-r8.jpeg

About being taken out by auto, this chap approached the main NH highway from an uphill, completely blind approach road and just parked his auto smack in the middle of the road to decide his next move(as you do.). Since this is a very common accident area(Image my surprise ) I was approaching the road after a twisty section myself so was maybe 50-60kmph at max. But the sudden movement in which this guy came in and placed his 3 wheeled contraptions from hell smack in the middle of the road I had to go all-in on the brakes, unluckily for me the junction was recently made a box junction(crisis cross yellow lines, which literally means no matter what no vehicles should be stationary in that box.), the rear tyres slipped on the slick yellow paint and lost traction and I on the rear brake meant it locked itself up too. But managed to have it under control(thanks to years of rear-wheel locks situation practice on the CBR with Contigo tyres, still paying dividends).

Anyways, that was an interesting situation nonetheless. The last 15kms of the ride was horrible as roads were really bad and with traffic, it is just torture, managed to pull a muscle or ligament or something on my shoulder too for good measure. Makes me appreciate the 650F and the Tiger so much more, over the 3 weeks I have gone through these roads without any issues on these bikes.

To end this post let me post a few pics of a quick recent ride to Cochin to get some errands done. Hadn't ridden the tiger in over about 2 months or so and really was an enjoyable one. Here are a few pics from that ride too. Just for good measure.

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-t1.jpeg

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-t2.jpeg

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-t3.jpeg

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-t4.jpeg

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-t5.jpeg

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-t6.jpeg

Not bad for a 3 bike garage, eh?

Review: My Yamaha R1 (WGP 50th Anniversary Edition)-fin.jpeg

The 250R is getting a full restoration back to factory fresh, work on it has already started, it's a complete DIY project, lots of parts are already in, many more are coming in too. Been meaning to post thread on it but have been super lazy because there are a LOT of pics and sorting through them is not easy But no_fear's recent thread has given me good amount of motivation to get on ti.

Last edited by krishnaprasadgg : 25th September 2021 at 10:45.
krishnaprasadgg is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 11:04   #315
BHPian

Quote:
But no_fear's recent thread has given me good amount of motivation to get on ti.
Lol, if anything your R1 thread was the momentum for me to create my threads. And now the circle is complete.

Regarding auto drivers - there should be a special place in hell for them. One guy pulled the same stunt in Delhi. Decided to enter an intersection blindly and t-boned me from the side. Luckily I was on my KTM and damage was minimal. But seriously, most are a menace on roads. I am glad to hear that you were ok.
no_fear is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks