Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2007, 19:29   #16
BHPian

Who would constitute the target market for these bikes? To my mind, the following (just a rough estimation):

1) Young users (age 18 - 25) - funded by parents, typically college going, who would generally use these bikes on a daily basis

2) Young professionals (25 - 35) - case of "have money will spend". They may / may not use these bikes as a daily commuter.

3) Not-so-young guys (35+) - would probably buy these bikes to recapture their youth (I am a part of this group ). Would generally not use these bikes as a daily commuter.

Considering the lack of availability (rather, limited availability) of these bikes, I feel that there would be a pretty considerable latent demand, PROVIDING service and easy finance options were available.

The same holds good for the car scene....10 years back no one would have imagined that Rolls / Lambos / Ferraris would sell in India. Today we have their dealerships.....just goes to show that the money is there, and that "perceived value" either in terms of status or exclusivity is the key here.

These kinds of bikes would certainly not sell in large numbers, but would sell enough to justify having a presence in India, as well as still remain exclusive enough to have aspirational value.

To sum it up, as a prospective consumer.....BRING EM ON!!!
Old 7th March 2007, 10:37   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Errr....Rtech - they do. Dont know how well kept they were, but I've seen 2.
You've seen 2 M5's overheat? Or 2 M5's with problems. To my knowledge, the M5's here have no heating problems. And neither does my own bike which I ride to/from work in peak traffic hours almost everyday.

Either way's, that was simply an example Steer.
Old 7th March 2007, 14:43   #18
BHPian

Pricing would play a vital role. This is one aspect Bajaj has understood so well. When you look at the Pulsar variants (150,180,200,220) they have been so well priced that a buyer would virtually end up buying a higher model than the one he/she had decided for.

I am not sure how Yamaha would price the 165's and 250's if at all they are coming to India
Old 8th March 2007, 04:25   #19
BHPian

how muc do u think an R1 or an R6 bought in by yamaha would cost ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks