Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2023, 22:44   #136
BHPian

Re: Triumph Motorcycles India : Is after-sales service killing this brand?

The utter lack of responsibility by Triumph India is appalling. The same engine was disassembled a million time. I would have just taken that engine back and learnt a few things about engine assembly by trial and error and probably still end up with a working engine in lesser number of tries than Keerthi.
I had thought that when I get a second bike, it would be a street triple, but I am frequently reminded of the consequences should any issue arise during the ownership

Last edited by MiSiMa : 25th February 2023 at 22:56.
MiSiMa is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 23:48   #137
BHPian

Currently I own a Int650. Triumph Speed Twin was on my radar whenever I planned to upgrade my current steed. Would have upgraded to a Triumph long ago if not for the notoriety of Keerthi Triumph.

On a different note, if you have all the service bills, mail exchanges, WhatsApp messages and such other things to sustantiate all that you have stated in your post, I would advise you to file a consumer case. Am quite sure that you would get a favorable court order faster (for a consumer case it usually takes 10-12months) than you can get your bike back from Keerthi Triumph. Feel free to contact, would be happy to help.
Legal_Eagle is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 11:15   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
One of the most shocking one I have come across from Bangalore Triumph Group.

Shocking and the biggest problem is that the service people are not having a passion towards super bikes and probably not even to bikes for that matter. They do not understand the agony of the owner. I think distributors like Keerthi should consider only those who are enthusiastic about bikes and having a compassion towards riders, whenever they recruit service staffs.

Recently I came across a vlogger Strell who was planning to upgrade to a big ADV with his considerations were Africa Twin and Triumph Tiger, and the major reluctance in going against the Tiger was after sales support!

Ride safe,

/Govind
Govind is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 12:50   #139
BHPian

What a terrible story.

Keerthi Triumph seems to have a long and established reputation as being downright awful. Even here on tbhp it’s been extensively chronicled and that must be a fraction of real world experiences.

What this tells me is that Triumph India either simply doesn’t give a hoot or, as is often the case with automotive dealerships across categories, they simply can’t make a move against them for reasons which usually have to do with clout. Whatever it is, the buck stops there and their attitude leaves so much to be desired that anyone buying a Triumph here in Bangalore needs to seriously factor that into the equation. Particularly if you’re a middle-class working professional seeking to buy your dream super bike. Seems like things can quickly become an utter nightmare.

My philosophy for automobiles, regardless of the number of wheels, still remains - buy Japanese if you value peace of mind. Pick anything else only if you know the risks and are willing to take them. Sadly, as customers (a word i prefer over consumers), we simply aren’t valued in this country.
RT13 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 19:52   #140
BHPian

This piece of information was already mentioned in one of the earlier posts in this thread. Let me mention it again. A group of more than 50+ bikers in Bangalore met a very senior Triumph India (TI) personnel to give feedback about Keerthi Triumph. The TI personnel heard our complaints and promised to take action. The saddest part was that he never took a single step in resolving our issues with Keerthi. The even more worse part was that he didn’t even acknowledge about our meeting even once. This is TI. If Triumph UK reads this thread, they should fire all the top heads at TI and have a new set of staff. Looks like nothing will happen on this front as well.

Adding more insult, people will forget all this and start attending new motorcycle launch parties at Keerthi.

Last edited by shan_ned : 26th February 2023 at 20:01.
shan_ned is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 16:23   #141
BHPian

Firstly, I think its a bit of a wrong assumption that Triumph made perfect (or even near perfect) bikes for India. And its wrong to blame them completely too. I'll explain.

The Street Triple 675R in particular was the most affected by the infamous detuning controversy of those years. It suffered the biggest hit to performance as well, from a healthy 105 bhp abroad, straight to 79bhp in India. This also resulted in few broken dreams and lots of disputes.
Presumably, there were other changes to meet the emission norms or some other engine norms set by ARAI, and this resulted in a poorly tuned machine for India.
This low rpm turnoff issue has been there in each and every 675R sold in those days, I've heard about it from various sources, so I can confirm this. And I heard a little about heating and starting troubles too, but I can't confirm this to be universal, so leaving it for now.

And because its a high speed bike, low rpm turnoff means it went off even when cruising 80 kmph in 6th, resulting in dangerous situations like the 2014 model owner pointed.
Which brings me to a question: Is rider safety not important to ARAI? How did such a machine even get launched in Indian market?
I don't care if the problem is common to entire world, or specific to Indian bikes, but ARAI should've disapproved the bike.

Secondly, the service issue is definitely related to mechanic skill and commercial honesty both. But even when the big guys at Triumph India are not responding well, what solutions do we have? Seriously, bad days for consumers in this so called modern world.
I do have an idea regarding Sbk service situation in India, but it will still require long term commitment and efforts. I'll share it later on in another thread.
Samarth 619 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 12:40   #142
BHPian

Forwarding this thread to Vishnu, the manager to Keerthi Triumph and asking if this issue will ever be fixed, as I am eyeing one of their preowned Street Triple, I love the clean power delivery and the sound to buy one but am having second thoughts if I should go for the Aprilia 660 instead. Shocking! I believe they fried the ECU and passed it off as a rat bite in another bhpians bike, a Tiger I think.
100Kmphormore is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 21:18   #143
BHPian

While researching which big bike to buy, back in 2018, a few brands were listed: Triumph, Yamaha, Ducati, Harley, and Kawasaki. Suzuki and Honda did not have their offerings then. For BMWs, a bit later on....
I visited the service centers after getting all the push from the sales folks at the showroom (aside from Yamaha who did not have a dedicated center for any of their imported units then).
Triumph's bikes were great but when visiting the service center, I witnessed to a fight between 2 riders and the service team who claimed to have dropped a Street Tripple on a Bonnie and damaged the latter's tank and wanted the owners to claim insurance and sort it out. They were refusing to take responsibility.
Later on a ride, I met a few riders on a Triumph to get a feel of their experience and it was telling. I was given the numbers of the service techs in Hyd and Kochi plus a few good AirBnBs and Oyo places to stay while the bike would be serviced. I was told to avoid Keerthi service where ever possible unless it's to buy parts and fit them on elsewhere.
It's really sad that Keerthi Triumph seems to not really take these issues seriously and Triumph India themselves are not bothered and protecting these dealers.
I've recently seen the interest among many to try out BMWs now since a new dealer has opened in Bangalore over the monopoly by Tusker who were only shouting to not touch the bikes on display even when 2 meters away back when I visited their showroom.
Dealers becoming monopolies with no passion for the product but eyes only on the balance sheets has been the bane across. Triumph India needs to address this unless they plan to sell off the business to a local player (like Harley) and wash their hands off.
trailsndirt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 17:38   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100Kmphormore View Post
Forwarding this thread to Vishnu, the manager to Keerthi Triumph and asking if this issue will ever be fixed, as I am eyeing one of their preowned Street Triple, I love the clean power delivery and the sound to buy one but am having second thoughts if I should go for the Aprilia 660 instead. Shocking! I believe they fried the ECU and passed it off as a rat bite in another bhpians bike, a Tiger I think.
If you are getting a pre-owned Street Triple directly from Keerthi, please stay away. There is a very high probability for you to get a lemon.

And Vishnu of Keerthi Triumph is a powerless employee. The owner of Keerthi Triumph has no will nor passion to run his Triumph dealership in a professional manner. Their only support is people’s poor short term memory.
shan_ned is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 21:37   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
If you are getting a pre-owned Street Triple directly from Keerthi, please stay away. There is a very high probability for you to get a lemon.

And Vishnu of Keerthi Triumph is a powerless employee. The owner of Keerthi Triumph has no will nor passion to run his Triumph dealership in a professional manner. Their only support is people’s poor short term memory.
I did ask, no proper response from Rakshitha the representative. The errant service manager Gautham wasnt really interested in telling her anything proper. They are open in stating that most of their inventory is test ride bikes, the street triple was owned by an expat and bought in 2020, he having left the country gave it back, only 8000 on the odo. Anyways, a pre-owned Ninja 650 is also on my mind hence this wasn't the only option. Crazy prices though. 20L for a June 2022 street triple 1200RS which had done 4k km as a test ride bike! The 765RS I was seeing? 12.5L.
Old 13th April 2023, 09:11   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
This piece of information was already mentioned in one of the earlier posts in this thread. Let me mention it again. A group of more than 50+ bikers in Bangalore met a very senior Triumph India (TI) personnel to give feedback about Keerthi Triumph. The TI personnel heard our complaints and promised to take action. The saddest part was that he never took a single step in resolving our issues with Keerthi. The even more worse part was that he didn’t even acknowledge about our meeting even once. This is TI. If Triumph UK reads this thread, they should fire all the top heads at TI and have a new set of staff. Looks like nothing will happen on this front as well.

Adding more insult, people will forget all this and start attending new motorcycle launch parties at Keerthi.
Why not write to the senior management of Triumph UK as a group?

Include a photo of the bike and owner, along with the invoice. A group of 50-100 owners writing to the UK management is sure to get attention.

The Triumph dealership in Pune has a similar trait of all escalations being bounced back to BUB. Although atleast the integrity of people selling/servicing the bikes is decent.

In the case of Suzuki, I could reach out to Suzuki India top management without any references, they were receptive enough to hear me out. Nothing was channeled back to the dealer. That's one of the key reasons I remain an ardent fan of the brand (purely for their SBK product line, limited as it is).
GoBlue is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 16:18   #147
Senior - BHPian

Now that Bajaj is in the driver's seat will they take note, and help the rider community by ridding us of Keerthi Triumph in Bengaluru - and by giving us a new competent dealership/service? Hell, I'd love to own a Triumph.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 13:28   #148
Team-BHP Support

Whole story of the Daytona is updated and has a dedicated thread here (How Triumph India and Keerthi Triumph Bangalore DESTROYED my CBU Daytona 675R) now.
Jaggu is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 11:19   #149
BHPian

Folks in Delhi NCR, do you recommend going to One Triumph Gurgaon/Naraina for periodic service or Pathpavers? I have a Pre-owned 2017 Street Twin which I acquired at 7500 km odo and got it serviced at Pathpavers. The experience was good but I am just wondering whether the company service will be better. I am a first-time Triumph owner.
Old 20th July 2023, 09:08   #150

This whole thread coupled with the daytona fiasco has removed tiger from list of bikes. Went and booked gs850. I still have horror memories from Khivraj Bajaj where they literally screwed my first bike. So I am not touching anything under Bajaj with a 100ft long pole.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks