Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2020, 14:41   #46
Team-BHP Support

Triumph Motorcycles India : Is after-sales service killing this brand?

Guys the more I read this I feel this is principally an issue with Keerthi Bangalore and maybe a couple of other dealerships. I wonder if the subject heading should be made more targeted to those dealerships. There is enough favourable feedback from dealers like Pune and bbay. We should also remember that any negative experience always gets announced while good experiences are generally silent. My takeaway reading this is that it is not a pan India problem (nor would I imagine is it killing the brand nation wide by any stretch). I can personally vouch that my experience with Atul at shaman has been consistently good and they are always willing to go out of the way for their customers.

Last edited by Axe77 : 30th March 2020 at 14:42.
Axe77 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 15:05   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Triumph Motorcycles India : Is after-sales service killing this brand?

While reading this thread, one thing stood out:

Everyone's praising (more or less) the Triumph dealers in Bombay and Pune. The names stood out: Shaman in Bombay and BU Bhandari in Pune.

Both of these are very experienced in the automobile business and have a good reputation. Coincidentally, both have Mercedes-Benz dealerships in their cities.

Is it a coincidence that the two Triumph dealers who have multiple decades of experience in dealing with premium cars are also quite good in dealing with premium bikes? Of course not! That was rhetorical!

Maybe these bike manufacturers should appoint people who have experience of the industry rather than appoint investors with deep pockets? Instead of looking at how much the dealer principal can invest, look at their actual track record in this particular industry? How hard is it to have such a plan?

Going by Triumph's current reputation, very!
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 16:11   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Guys the more I read this I feel this is principally an issue with Keerthi Bangalore and maybe a couple of other dealerships.
Yes Mumbai, Cochin, Vijaywada has good reviews. Pune recently getting better, some say mixed. I already have requested folks with good experience to share the same here, so you should also in detail.

If you read the post i have clearly mentioned it goes well beyond one dealer. I know there would be others who would want to put blame on one dealer and move on, but if you read the emails, you will see lot of things that are not ok at the brands end also. Like i mentioned in the opening post, the whatsapp group has issues mentioned across India. I had earlier deleted the history by mistake, but now someone has emailed me the whole history. It dates back to almost 1.5 years i guess and is loads of work to sit and compile. So instead I asked in the group, folks who wanted to publish to come forward and quoted only those folks.

This whatsapp group was started in Bangalore before folks were added from other cities, and that too when someone sees an owner in trouble in one of their riding group, they used to be referred to this group. So it is predominantly BLR biased group. This group is for technical help, we have a bunch of knowledgable folks who share helpful info in maintaining and resolving issues with the bikes. We rarely cared beyond that (apart from some occasional steam being let go with choicest words).

Another reason why i have restrained myself and encouraging happy customers to come forward is due to the fact that the attention to the issue has been already received, and i really don't want to make this thread only a brand bashing one. The last email i posted is because the aggrieved owner had requested me to do the same since yesterday. I sat on it, read the email twice before posting it coz it has the deeper issue clearly captured.

Getting back to the dealership issue, if there are 2-3 good ones, what about the rest and why is Triumph India not getting process and experience standardised across location. It's just bikes and not complicated super computers we are speaking about.

How much ever i love the bike or like/dislike the dealer, i cannot accept the fact that a brand can go blind to its customers plight, esp when they are paying premium money. Every year and every model they have the right to increase the price but what about the service experience? The extended warranty is costly and has more disclaimers and exceptions than useful coverage.

Name:  Screen Shot 20200330 at 15.30.25.png
Views: 1703
Size:  285.6 KB

Chennai dealership went bust and i believe now someone owning Bajaj franchise in TN has recently picked it up. Gujarat there was only one dealer and there also things were not great, not sure if they are still running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
That was rhetorical!

Maybe these bike manufacturers should appoint people who have experience of the industry rather than appoint investors with deep pockets? Instead of looking at how much the dealer principal can invest, look at their actual track record in this particular industry? How hard is it to have such a plan?

Going by Triumph's current reputation, very!
Rhetorical or coincidence, but maybe there are some experience factors that help. But then look at BMW bikes in BLR :dead horse The triumph BLR dealer is also someone from good automobile dealership background, if am not mistaken.
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 21:40   #49
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
While reading this thread, one thing stood out:

Everyone's praising (more or less) the Triumph dealers in Bombay and Pune. The names stood out: Shaman in Bombay and BU Bhandari in Pune.
Sorry to hear your plight Jaggu. I also have a feeling its the dealer playing culprit here as some of us have got pretty good experiences from other Triumph dealers elsewhere in the country.

I am one of the satisfied Triumph customers. I have had a nice experience with Triumph B U Bhandari Pune from where I had purchased my Tiger 800 in 2018 and subsequently had got the first servicing plus a general monsoon checkup done.

Later, when I relocated to Gurgaon, I have been a regular at One Triumph Gurgaon where I got my annual 10 K kms servicing done and the major 20 K kms servicing done. Again, I have so far had a decent experience with the team at One Triumph.

I have bought multiple OE accessories from both the Pune as well as the Gurgaon dealer and have got them fitted then and there itself. No complaints so far.
//M is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 22:17   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Like big Ron said, I think a bunch of you guys in Bangalore should get together and just send the local dealer a legal notice along with a copy to triumph India making them a party to the case.

Why aren’t you doing that? If you are so pissed off, but can’t go outside the brand - I just don’t see any other option other than PR here. I doubt the dealer or triumph even cares unless there is some huge PR disaster like that stalling issue or the hp numbers thing you brought up.

Am sure most of the owners are reasonably well to do, to explore sending out a notice and taking this up legally together as aggrieved customers. You seem to have all the proof.

Maybe wait for a week or two to see if they reach out. Else I guess this might be the last option.

Last edited by Red Liner : 30th March 2020 at 22:18.
Red Liner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 00:24   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Later, when I relocated to Gurgaon, I have been a regular at One Triumph Gurgaon where I got my annual 10 K kms servicing done and the major 20 K kms servicing done. Again, I have so far had a decent experience with the team at One Triumph.

I have bought multiple OE accessories from both the Pune as well as the Gurgaon dealer and have got them fitted then and there itself. No complaints so far.
My experience with One Triumph has been completely opposite. They have/had a branch in East of Kailash and they did try to sell me a test ride bike as pre-owned. This was around the BS4 transition and I was considering getting a street twin. I don't know if the sales guy was acting alone or the dealership had his back as well. I almost made up my mind for deal but came to know about it just in time and dropped the idea. I made a note to myself to be double careful in case I deal with them in future again.

@Mods - Since this thread is about discussions on Triumph India service, please feel free to delete the post if it qualifies under sales experience.
ast.ggn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 08:08   #52
BHPian

Sorry to hear about your experience with Triumph. There is nothing as frustrating as plonking big moolah on a superbike and then getting step-motherly treatment when it comes to service. This seems to be an issue with many dealerships, across brands in India. I wonder why the brands allow this to happen in India. Anywhere else and they would have been taken to task and would have had to pay dearly for this kind of shoddy service.
However, it is good that you highlighted the issue and airing it out. Hopefully,it reaches the eyes and ears of some one high up from Triumph-India.

I am a part of a superbikers group in Kerala and I have heard only good things, so far, about the Triumph-Cochin dealership and SC. Their sales team is superb and from what I have heard their service team is also well thought of. I guess, as it is mentioned, certain dealerships are doing a much better job than others. That should not be the case, ideally. There should be a certain basic minimum standard and uniformity across the country.

I too am a strong believer in going to the SVC only for warranty and then on to either do most basic service ourselves or find a FNG who will do the needful. I love to work on my bike, but I understand that many people may not have the inclination or the time to get their hands dirty.

Talking about things like this in elite motoring forums such as TBhp, I am sure will spread the message and hopefully things will improve.

Try and keep riding and put all this behind you. Cheerio!
alphadog is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 11:42   #53
RMN
BHPian

So the takeaway is that there are a few bad apples and I mean really bad apples among Triumphs dealership network (Keerthi, Bangalore stands out) and Triumph India is doing very little to rectify them.

I think it's time to have a poll in this thread to see which among the several dealership is the worst? Would give everyone a birds eye view on which dealership to avoid without having to read the entire thread. This could also compel Triumph India to get off their backside and do something about it.
RMN is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 12:43   #54
BHPian

Triumph UK also is no different in this matter I guess, I have seen UK customers complaining about lack of responses or follow up on warranty claims.

I purchased a Street Twin in Oct 2019 from Triumph Kochi, during the sale process I was offered a 2018 Dec manufactured Street Twin Model, they said it's normal to have 10 month old manufactured bike when it comes to premium bikes. Well, it could be true. But 2019 Street Twin was internationally launched in Nov 2018, so I was not comfy purchasing the Dec 2018 manufactured one in Oct 2019. Also, the wiring kit issue was resolved in the models manufactured after March 2019 it seems. I told them I will go for the bike if they could arrange me a newly manufactured one in the choice of color I preferred, which they eventually did.

There were some miscommunication related to some custom works I had to do, but it was due to combination of mistakes from both their end(due to the changes in 2019 Street Twin) and my end (patience ). So, I'm not considering that part in my feedback at the moment. In general, my experience with Triumph Kochi has been really good till date. They are pretty much ready to help you in the best possible way, I hope it continue to stay the same way all the time.

It's always disappointing when a manufacturer don't listen to their customer, especially when it comes to bikes or cars you buy with you heart rather than head. Hopefully, Triumph India will listen and bring some difference.
GT145 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 13:33   #55

How is this for the horror show Triumph in India is allowing their service centers to do.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Motorcycles India : Is after-sales service killing this brand?-img20190915wa0102.jpg  

Triumph Motorcycles India : Is after-sales service killing this brand?-img20190821wa0005.jpg  

Triumph Motorcycles India : Is after-sales service killing this brand?-img20190820wa0027.jpg  

Raghu A is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 15:22   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu A View Post
How is this for the horror show Triumph in India is allowing their service centers to do.

Seriosuly? I don't think it can get any worse than this.
Was this after a routine service or post some repair work?
Can you fill in with a little bit more detail? Based on your location I'm taking it as this is Keerthi Triumphs workmanship at display?

Cheers
Krishna
krishnaprasadgg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 15:32   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnaprasadgg View Post

Seriosuly? I don't think it can get any worse than this.
Was this after a routine service or post some repair work?
Can you fill in with a little bit more detail? Based on your location I'm taking it as this is Keerthi Triumphs workmanship at display?

Cheers
Krishna
Hi Krishna, these are just a glimpse of what goes on there. These are all pics from multiple bikes and owners detailing how they received their bikes from the above said service centre. And these are just few among a lot of other issues and there are so many pics and experiences that could go on forever.

The sump bolt being loose is after the owner getting new sump fitted for the cracked one. This is how he got the bike when he went to collect it. Luckily he saw this before leaving the service centre.

My story alone would probably fill couple of pages to begin with. It's a very long story that spawned multiple service centres and multiple years and still unresolved after close to three years.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 17th April 2020 at 16:02. Reason: Please do not use short forms. Thanks.
Raghu A is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 16:19   #58
BHPian

Thanks to Bangalore dealer. This photo is not for weak hearted people.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Motorcycles India : Is after-sales service killing this brand?-59f82ae046ba4643b7f453ad7d5d26c4.jpeg  

shan_ned is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 16:27   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Krishna, these are just a glimpse of what goes on there. These are all pics from multiple bikes and owners detailing how they received their bikes from the above said service centre. And these are just few among a lot of other issues and there are so many pics and experiences that could go on forever.

The sump bolt being loose is after the owner getting new sump fitted for the cracked one. This is how he got the bike when he went to collect it. Luckily he saw this before leaving the service centre.

My story alone would probably fill couple of pages to begin with. It's a very long story that spawned multiple service centres and multiple years and still unresolved after close to three years.

It is just sad, what else can be said. Not rechecking or torquing down essential components like engine/sump cases and rotors/sprockets

It makes me wonder if these guys ever do test rides after their shoddy repairs. I mean, is it that bad that they do not care if they themselves get injured or worse lose their life due to some accident caused by these half baked repairs or are they just that forgetful/ absent-minded when working on the bikes.

It seems pretty obvious that none of these guys even bother following the workshop manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
Thanks to Bangalore dealer. This photo is not for weak hearted people.
I just went and checked on my brother's bike. Luckily the pinch bolts are still there. Damn, I am feeling lucky today!

Cheers
Krishna

Last edited by krishnaprasadgg : 17th April 2020 at 16:29.
krishnaprasadgg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th April 2020, 08:49   #60
BHPian

Quote:
This is unacceptable! Lives are lost due to such mistakes. If they are doing this kind of service they should be booked for culpable homicide! They are playing with people's lives.
mh09ad5578 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed