Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2020, 01:52   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Triumph Motorcycles India : Is after-sales service killing this brand?

One of my friend's street triple is sitting at the Vijayawada service center for the One way Clutch which conked. Bangalore service center is so dreadful that the bike was transported to Vijayawada in my Pickup truck.

The vehicle reached Vijayawada in Dec 2019, the part warranty was approved and despatched. It is currently in Delhi and no idea when this will be reaching Vijayawada and when they will make up their mind to fix the new part. It just shows the apathy of Triumph India. Honda service is light years ahead of this.
nkrishnap is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 08:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
One of my friend's street triple is sitting at the Vijayawada service center for the One way Clutch which conked. Bangalore service center is so dreadful that the bike was transported to Vijayawada in my Pickup truck.

The vehicle reached Vijayawada in Dec 2019, the part warranty was approved and despatched. It is currently in Delhi and no idea when this will be reaching Vijayawada and when they will make up their mind to fix the new part. It just shows the apathy of Triumph India. Honda service is light years ahead of this.
Just ask your friend to send a legal notice. Attach the email trail.

It is beyond me why one allows the dealership to get away with such appalling behavior.
bigron is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 08:32   #18
BHPian

Very sad to read through all this Jaggu. I have personal experiences with Kawasaki Pune and honestly, Triumph Mumbai and Pune are doing a much better job here at least.

I keep hearing the same stuff on All India ST3 whatsapp group as well regarding Triumph Bangalore being worst of all kinds.

Here's a brief on my personal experiences with my Street Triple 2016 at below Triumph dealerships -

20K Kms Major Service at Shaman Triumph, Mumbai (Goregaon)

The reason I went here was because the Pune guys did not have the 20K Kms kit to be replaced on the Street Triple 675.

When I went there roughly in October' 2018 nervy and worried with all the negative thoughts in my mind on how they'll treat my Bumblebee (ST3); the service head tells me - Leave your bike and go wherein I never leave any of my vehicles for service and leave. I make sure that I wait and get it done.

The Service Head tells me its not a day's job and I would need to collect the bike after couple of days. I expressed the concern to him and he assured me that the bike is going to be better serviced than at done at any other Triumph before and asked me to take a TD post the service which clearly will define that.

I went there a couple of days later wondering how this is experience going to be. I took the trial and the bike felt like new again. I was taken aback for a second wondering if this was the bike given for service. Splendid work and commitment shown by Triumph Mumbai especially the Service Head

30K Kms Service at B U Bhandari Triumph, Pune

BUB as we all call it in Pune is a like homely place to be at. I have literally done Business calls from there while Bumblebee was at the service.

There are a few chaps at the service who know the stuff in out. Still i have never leave my bike and come back to collect.

With the recent 30K Kms service here, the experience again was again phenomenal. The coolant was changed, brake pads and other mandatory checks were performed etc. plus any minor stuff which I may want the service guys to look at and correct.

The Service Head and the Managers have changed recently; however fortunately my service guy is still there and the I ensure that the bike is looked after by him or under his observation only.

I know you might find mixed feedbacks on the above dealerships as well but to assure you; these aforesaid guys will not goof if you're vigilant about the stuff being done on the bike.

You might as well ride down here to Pune or Mumbai and get your bike serviced.

Once a year doesn't sound too bad than the after effects of the nightmare of Triumph Bangalore.

Let me know if I could be of any help here. Just a PM away.

Cheers,
Amey

Last edited by Amey Kulkarni : 27th March 2020 at 08:34.
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 11:48   #19
Team-BHP Support

Re: Triumph Motorcycles India : Is after-sales service killing this brand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Very sad state of affairs. Though personally, I never trust any OEM completely.
I have had great experience with many manufacturers, common man brands and premium brands. If there is a will from the manufacturer end, it will be to a great extend smooth for customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Sadly, Kawasaki is no different. There were huge issues after the break up with Bajaj, and Kawasaki was very indifferent to what was happening at a dealership level.
=====
Once that passes, it’s better to let go of so called warranty and walk out. Most folks abroad don’t even walk into the OEM for any kind of service. As long as they have bills to prove that oil changes were done at the correct mileage, their warranty stays intact like a factory warranty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
I am a strong advocate of the notion that one needs to take care of their own ride.
====
Too all the current and prospective premium bike owners, be willing to get your hands dirty and your ownership experience will be far more rewarding.
Kawasaki BLR seems to have good review in recent past, as per a friend.

And it is really not practical to do things on your own or at independent garage. How many of us has time to do all this, we hardly get time to ride and now we have to sit and figure maintenance. Might as well as sell the bike before first major service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
But, I've never had the guts to leave my bike alone and let them take their own decisions with regards to it's maintenance schedule.
=======
Hope some multi-brand dealer is able to source OEM parts and keep maintenance guidelines as per factory spec. Wishful!
I am ok with standing by, but here the issue is the basic competence, most likely the knowledgable owner would get into a tiff!

Hopefully the monopoly of the dealership model would be broken soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnaprasadgg View Post
Let me chime in with my experience.

Delivery Experince
Right from the get-go. As soon as we booked the Tiger 800XRX the quick responses from the Sales team stopped. Mind you the bike was not yet delivered.
=======
A full day of mine wasted. And the worst part absolutely no remorse from their side.

Just reading the google review for the service center and you'll see a lot of horror stories right there too.

So yeah, Triumph has a long way to go as far as customer post-sales treatment goes.

Cheers
Krishna
This is another issue, the attitude. Till you pay up they are so responsive, why the heck can't they keep a basic courtesy after that also?

A friend was billed couple of thousands more during service, which dealer said will refund. He followed up for almost 6 months. That is when I had gone for one of the service or repair, he had to force them to adjust that excess amount in my billing coz he lost his patience expecting for a refund!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Oh man. I'm so sorry to read all this. But not at all surprised. Triumph went from bad to worse. I have been at the receiving end of this lacklustre service for a long time and probably it was a good thing that I parted with my bike since I just DID NOT want to deal with them anymore.
======
This behaviour basically completely put me off the brand. Because of this I DID NOT pull the trigger on Thruxton R that they were giving BS4 deals on. As much as I loved the bike, I would rather not have to deal with them again. Triumph has great products but horrible service and customer experience.
This is exactly what is happening with many of the owners!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
Many riders in the Bangalore Street Triple whatsup group fear taking their motorcycles to the service Center. I feel this is a general sentiment across most of the Triumph motorcycle owners in Bangalore.
Same in Tiger group, All India Tiger group and the Bangalore Riders Association (BRATS) members don't even consider that Triumph India Service exists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Our Ford Endeavour a brand new launch then had the wiring loom shipped and delivered in Bangalore from Thailand in under 1 week. It is a different matter there were delays in getting things rolling because there was an insurance process involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Just ask your friend to send a legal notice. Attach the email trail.

It is beyond me why one allows the dealership to get away with such appalling behavior.
Again how many can do this and for what all? Like regular service going wrong and we send legal notice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
Very sad to read through all this Jaggu. I have personal experiences with Kawasaki Pune and honestly, Triumph Mumbai and Pune are doing a much better job here at least.
Thanks Amey, yes that is why I mentioned Mumbai in the list of good dealers for Triumph. How difficult is for others to get it right, if Triumph India insists?!

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th March 2020 at 10:39.
Jaggu is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 11:51   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess this was a thread just waiting to be created, it was just a question of who will bell the cat! Thanks to Jaggu for getting things rolling here. Let me share my thoughts on both the pre-sales and after sales side of things for readers.

The Triumph dealership in Bangalore is a curious case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. As a prospective customer, be prepared to be treated like the proverbial king. There is no dearth of test rides, just the right amount of follow up from the sales team regarding a purchase decision and so on. The sales person there Vishnu was particularly good to deal with. But from what I have heard prior to reading this thread, the quality of the after sales service at the same dealership is atrocious and bordering the ridiculous. The case that Jaggu shared about the Tiger panniers clearly involves deception on the part of the dealership in question. What makes things worse is that neither the dealership nor Triumph India has made any efforts to resolve these issues, that does not bode well for them or for us customers.

In comparison, the Triumph dealership in Cochin provides a more consistent and customer centric approach all around though there are a few places where they can pull their socks up. Prior to buying my pre owned Street Triple 675, I had taken a couple of test rides from this dealership and the experience was good. The sales person Abin was pleasant to deal with but it is just that the Bangalore dealership's sales experience was better (honestly the best that I have encountered in a big bike dealership across multiple cities).

One inexplicable and persistent goof up from their side though is their inability to add my name to whatever calling list they have for any rides. Every time I would drop into the showroom for something (friends taking delivery of their bike or for a SVC visit) the sales guys would ask me how come I dont join them for their dealership rides on my Triple 675. My deadpan response is always the same, I can only come if you guys call me in the first place! Each time this happens, they promise me that they will call me the next time and subsequently they never do. I do however get faithfully called for each year's Distinguished Gentleman's Ride which is not something that I am interested in, so whoever is maintaining that sheet is doing a good job.

Coming to the actual service experience, after buying the pre owned Street Triple 675, I have had to take the bike to the service center a few of times. I have got the bike serviced, the Arrow exhaust removed and the handlebar replaced (after it was dropped in the parking lot by someone). The work was always done on time and I think for all except one visit to the SVC, I had waited in the lobby with my laptop and got my work done. Since the bike is out of warranty, they allow me to bring in engine oil when I drop the bike off for service. The workmanship is good but the attention to detail for small things is sometimes missing. For example, I had asked for the horn on the bike to checked as it emitted only the squeakiest of squeaks instead of actually warning people ahead of me, the service folks checked it and it worked fine when they showed me the bike but by the time I reached home, it had gone back to it's old ways. I had also provided Osram Night Breakers to replace the OEM headlights and I had asked them to check the alignment when installing it. The first time that I rode in the night after that, I realized that the headlights were illuminating the top of the metro pillars instead of focussing on the road in front of me! Again, these are minor things that required a follow up visit to the SVC but they should have been caught by the service team before handing over the bike to me. Since I have a flexible work schedule, it isn't too much of a trouble for me but I can see how it could be an inconvenience to others who dont have the time to keep running to the SVC to fix things that should have been addressed in the first place during service.

However my last experience with the Cochin SVC was the best one so far and reaffirmed my trust in them. I had gone there since I felt that there were two issues - the front brakes felt too spongy and the right side rear view mirror (RVM) was not giving me a proper view. Ever since the handlebar got replaced last year, I have not been comfortable with the view out of the right side RVM and I had asked them to adjust the handlebar and mirror to what it was before the bar had to be changed but they could never replicate the position of the RVM from earlier. This meant that I needed to take an extra second while riding to look behind and get a clear view, something that is definitely avoidable in our road conditions. While I was waiting the service head called me to talk to me about the issues and he was telling me that the mirror had some issue because of which the glass was not able to move within the holder as it should. As he was demonstrating it to me, the glass broke due to the pressure he was applying. The issue was genuine and the glass would have broken had I put the same pressure on it myself. So I told him no issues, replace the glass and do the bleeding of the brakes. I was wondering why they were taking so long to deliver the bike to me after that but I was genuinely surprised when the service head said that he had got the necessary approvals and that I did not have to pay for the mirror or for the brake fluid or for the labour involved for both activities. I was fully prepared to pay for both and I insisted on paying at least for the brake fluid and the labour for that but they refused to take any money from me.

I only hope that the other Triumph dealerships learn a thing or two from this experience of mine!
neil.jericho is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 12:32   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
How difficult is for others to get it right, if Triumph India insists?!
Honestly, it all boils down to sales nos done by the dealership. If the dealership is ranked amongst the top 3 across PAN India, I don't see any challenges by the OEM to take accountability and lead them to a solution.

If i'm not wrong, I guess that's where Mumbai one leads. They're on the top of charts since a couple of years till 2018 and because of which the focus and the priorities are mapped to the footfall of sale nos and its services which go hand in hand.

Cheers,
Amey
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 12:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Kawasaki BLR seems to have good review in recent past, as per a friend.

And it is really not practical to do things on your own or at independent garage. How many of us has time to do all this, we hardly get time to ride and now we have to sit and figure maintenance. Might as well as sell the bike before first major service.

It is the most practical thing to work on your own ride or have an independent garage have a look at it. I see no reason why you say otherwise.

It is the most common practice followed by riders world over and even here.

In our country, depending entirely on the service center to take care of your ride is almost always gong to leave a sour taste in your mouth.

If you want your ride to be a source of happiness for a long time there is no other way but to start getting your hands dirty.

I guess you are right then , if paucity of time is your excuse it makes sense to dispose it off before the first major service which of course defeats the purpose of buying one in the first place.

If one can just get by regular maintenance and keep a look out for worn out parts up for replacement , these machines will outlive its owner.

And how hard is it to send a legal notice if you are not being given the services expected from a service center? If despite repeated attempts the service center refuses to mend its ways, a legal notice will serve the purpose. You have to move if you want things done right or to rectify the things that were not done right.

It is not wrong to question the service center if they manage to screw even a regular service. If you take crap from a service center, they will keep giving you crap.

Last edited by bigron : 27th March 2020 at 12:53.
bigron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 14:37   #23
BHPian

Quote:
[b]

Only handful of dealerships across the country have had positive service feedbacks(real life and not based on some customer satisfaction survey, we all know how it goes), Mumbai, Cochin, Vijaywada and Pune also recently are I believe the better ones as per feedbacks. There are customers who ride from other states to these service centres to get their vehicles maintained speaks volumes about their service quality Vs others.
Its worthwhile to run a background check on how financially strong the dealership is. I know for sure that Triumph Mumbai is from Group Shaman (primary Mercedes Benz dealer). BMW Motorrad is from Navnit Motors (primary BMW dealer). Both of these guys are spread across Mumbai & Pune. These guys pay their employees well which leads to less attrition. Its again my perspective. Your article is definitely an eye opener for potential owners like me. Thanks for sharing.
spoth001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 23:26   #24
Team-BHP Support

The Service Issue WhatsApp group shared some suggestions that can help change the situation and fix the issues at Triumph India Service. Sharing the same.

Quote:
Note to Triumph India- from “Triumph India owners service issue whatsapp group”. Listing below what we feel are the major road blocks that keep Triumph India being a great brand it should be.

Process related

1. Job cards, estimates, customer go-aheads - Not followed consistently, transparent nor recorded in the system as it should. Can this be done systematically while sharing an e-copy with customer right at receiving the vehicle at workshop with details of work and parts required and an estimate for repair?

2. Spares availability and long procurement cycle for spares - Parts logistics - No reliable estimates on spares availability and procurement. This all dealers say is a Triumph issue, though there is some new process where the parts get shipped directly to dealer, it is not consistent and even now ranges from 4-6 weeks. And these are not accident related parts we are speaking about.

Egs: There is a part stuck in customs in Delhi that is causing delivery delays of a bike in Vijaywada.

3. Very poor follow up of repairs, spares availability and procurement status. Transparency issue of the process, once ordered there is no tracking number against which follow ups can be made. Even dealer is clueless at time about delivery and get into avoidance mode. Sometime parts ordered for one person is given off to someone else at dealer level.

4. Ensuring adequate parts availability before bikes are taken in for a routine service. This results in multiple visits and sometime dangerous omission at work delivered.

5. In consistent service charges on standard job like oil changes or annual services also. This has been mentioned across dealerships. “Same job - Same rate card” for all the regular routine service and repair is a must. Issue diagnosis work and repairs also should have a fair hourly rate and should have some caps. All rates need to be published at all dealerships for transparency, which is a common thing across brands.

6. Service scheduling and timeline management. At least for standard services why can’t it be as per a transparent booking system, can a simple online portal be enabled to schedule service that be rolled out for dealers? It can be as simple as a shared google calendar by dealer. This way dealer can also have an SLA for technicians to complete work on bikes reasonably well, not hurry with the job and risk poor workmanship. Streamline output to deliver more vehicles, rather than blindly running after volume business which effects the brand image. As a premium bike customer more than rates, it’s the quality delivered at service that matters to us owners.

7. Service report need to be provided after each service. There is a checklist that is there for every model of vehicle from Triumph, use this as checklist of the work done by mechanics and signed off by them, service manager and service advisor. This will go a long way in building confidence back. The same report that dealer runs and loads into the system can be shared with the owner as a PDF. On the other hand, this also helps with vehicle history and owner’s resale value, which in turn will help in bringing repeat customers at newer launches.

8. Updating service history accurately and up to date in the records. Process / Lack of following a checklist issue. Related to point 6.

9. Delivery checklist for the bike – Use the same as in point 6 and can be signed off by Manager or the advisor who is delivering the bike. This should have details regarding the work done and also the safety of the vehicle operation. Additional and relevant observations. In some cases, this is overlooked and thus putting the customers life in great danger. Instead of insisting on polish and detailing, it should be a thorough checklist that is to be followed. Doing it right in front of customer would be a great confidence building gesture.

10. Define minor service / running repair and have a separate work flow, rates and team defined at dealership. Egs: oil change, brake overhaul, chain tightening, cone lubing. These are normal unscheduled maintenance needed for bikes doing higher kms and where regular annual service may not be needed.

11. Attrition at dealership - Constant revolving door status of personnel at dealership. (GM's, Service managers, technicians and service advisors). Leading to owners needing to repeat the bike or issue history again and again, also messing up the follow ups and service deliveries. We understand competition is high and retaining good talent is a huge challenge. Don’t know if this is something Triumph can change at dealership end, but at least ensure the appointed mech’s go through a comprehensive training on service process of Triumph bikes, are given a drill down of do’s and don’ts. There is a training module but is it effective?? is Triumph India evaluating after the training? Earlier days there was a strong technical training driven by Triumph India which went slow and we believe recently someone from Chandigarh has joined and will be reinitiating the same. Hoping for the best.

12. Overall erosion of customer confidence and satisfaction regarding the dealer’s ability to provide proper service. Lack of trust by customers towards service center. Transparency and communication. Having a separate direct channel where customers can escalate directly and where Triumph Customer Care will ensure resolution and not being routed back and forth to dealership.

13. Regular visits by India tech head / team to dealers to educate as well as to keep track / audit the activity. Publish a calendar and provide for customers who have pending escalations to meet and resolve issue.

14. Allow customers who are interested to observe the service process, this will help rebuild the confidence in the system.

Technical competence

15. Improper or rather inconsistent diagnostics related to the issue reported. Related to the technical know-how of the dealer mechs as well as Triumph India tech team.

Egs: engine noise on second gen street triple and some tigers, oil leaks reported in second gen street triple. Resolved for some, others still struggling or move on to other bikes.

Making claims like “ECU resets itself and maps go back to another version”?? “You don’t need fueling remap if you change exhaust”??

Some of this have resulted in very costly repair for the owners and dealers are more than happy to wash hands off these costly mistakes.

16. Repeat jobs due to poor workmanship / technical ability / even misdiagnosis. Repeat visits, most often doesn’t get recorded OR dealer requests not to reveal in service feedbacks. Due to personal equation owners may not even share in CSAT.

17. Following service / repair process in detail for a particular issue. Egs: Say anyone goes for an issue needing opening of clutch cover or timing chain cover. Invariably when they refit the bike they do not replace the respective gasket. Either error or they do not have sufficient spares but result is process is not followed. And replacing gaskets in such situations is an absolute must to avoid leaks!

Warranty related

18. Timelines – Takes days and sometimes weeks, whereas a warranty claim should not take more than few hours under all normal circumstance. Unless it is a whole engine or bike replacement where we can understand Triumph UK maybe involved. Dealer says this is the biggest issue they face from Triumph India end, unwarranted delays!

19. Charges - Inconsistent charges on warranty work. Some customers are charged for labor and additional child parts like gaskets. Under warranty there should be NO labor charge or charges for items like gaskets which should be considered as the child part used to remedy the issue. Warranty is paid for at purchase and later with extended warranty purchase. No manufacturer charges for labor for this, consumable like coolant, oil etc. can be understood, but not labor or child parts.

20. Technicians have told customers they are not paid / incentivized for warranty work, if so that in itself is a big block for them to work for bikes coming with warranty claims. Whereas warranty claims are directly related to brand reputation worldwide.

21. Proactive and uniform recall across dealership, here customers get to know from others and have to follow up and educate dealers to warranty recalls Triumph issues. Egs: – wiring loom recall in one of the models.

Ownership support and maintenance enablement

22. For people who do touring across states/countries, provide parts off the counter for purchase that they can carry. Even otherwise common maintenance and running repair parts should be provided off the counter as per laws of India. Easy to deny by saying out of stock, but this will 1- help owners become capable to do routine service on their own and 2 - take load off dealers for miscellaneous work.

23. Sell tools, parts and conduct “Do It Yourself- DIY” camps by Triumph tech when they visit dealers to enable owners with common minimum maintenance skills. Make a business out of it and build confidence.

24. After market consumables like oil and other fluids – If aftermarket consumables like oils, brake pads, etc., the SVC do not have a proper way to record that the replacement of such consumables has been done in time and in line with OEM guidelines. At best they can record a comment. However, this does not come up in service history. So, when you do pick up service history, these works will not reflect. Very crucial for bikes under warranty as well as extended warranty (considering extended warranty is with an insurance company and not with Triumph). Important especially if this is after warranty period. Ideally if the part or lube is within spec it should be allowed anytime.

Hope this helps to put in action that would change our perception.
Jaggu is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th March 2020, 09:47   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Disappointing. Horrible. When you pay top rupee for a "premium" product, you must get "premium" service as well. Disappointing that the bozos at Triumph don't realise this, but am equally glad that you have created this thread to spread the word .

At a few points in time, the true character & culture of a company shows. When I'd read about the detuning fiasco, that itself told me all I need to know about the shoddy way in which Triumph management works. It's a similar feeling with Skoda = no matter how much they harp about improved service etc., the fact is that at one time, the company & its dealers had crooks in the fold and no action was taken against them. Sure, a new team can come in and overhaul the company / culture, yet a bitter taste lingers on.
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th March 2020, 10:55   #26
BHPian

That is really sad state of affairs from a brand which is so premium and its bikes cost more than many entry level cars.

This makes me wonder are motorcycle services or two wheelers in general taken lightly in India?

I mean i only recently owned my first two wheeler a Yamaha r15 v3 and while touchwood nothing wrong has happened but the service experience is a far cry from what i'am used to at car dealerships, the waiting lounges are pathetic, the work atmosphere is casual, borderline unprofessional, the quality of work like mentioned in this thread with regards to chain maintenance is inconsistent at best, there is no proper feedback channel, the company pays no attention to quality of service at all, in my first ever free service they refused to wash my bike because one of their water "motor" had conked off, mind you this is not a roadside garage we are talking about but actual Yamaha authorised dealership.
Do they treat bike owners as second class citizens because bikes usually start from a relatively inexpensive price point in India? This is no excuse for third rate service experience.
P.S My judgement is based on a couple of services at Yamaha service centers and occasionally at Honda (My sister used to own an Activa).

Last edited by Rocketscience : 28th March 2020 at 10:56.
Rocketscience is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2020, 14:09   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
This makes me wonder are motorcycle services or two wheelers in general taken lightly in India?

I mean i only recently owned my first two wheeler a Yamaha r15 v3 and while touchwood nothing wrong has happened but the service experience is a far cry from what i'am used to at car dealerships, the waiting lounges are pathetic, the work atmosphere is casual, borderline unprofessional, the quality of work like mentioned in this thread with regards to chain maintenance is inconsistent.....
You know what, a Yamaha R1 owner or a Vmax owner too doesnt get a better experience at the Yamaha service(not even taking my R3 experience into consideration). The R1 owner has to wait in queue until the service advisor has finished checking all the Ray’s, Alpha’s etc which came before the R1 and it doesnt matter of you had spend 25 big ones or 50 grand. Honda Big wing is a different story though. Have heard the best experience from Honda big bike owner’s (rarely goes wrong) as they will be attended separately and doesnt need to queue up behind all those Activa G’s.

Keeping on topic, I was discussing getting a Street Triple RS with @krishnaprasadgg a couple of days back and then pops up this thread. He has posted his experience in the first page and had told me the same before as well, but still I was in the belief that things could get better. This thread is a real eye opener for any future owners and as of now with this thread live, I can 100% confirm that I am not at all willing to look at Triumph motorcycles in India anymore. I still hope Triumph India doesn’t learn things the hard way, but I believe they had their chance and did not take it.

As soon as this thread goes top of google search list, Triumph might take notice and spend big ones to sue Team-Bhp, after all they have had time only to sue owners in the past rather than attending to the troubles the owners faced. Good luck Triumph India, I really hope you learn a thing or two soon.

Last edited by Xaos636 : 28th March 2020 at 14:10. Reason: Special thanks @Jaggu to bring this up just in time
Xaos636 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2020, 14:19   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
You know what, a Yamaha R1 owner or a Vmax owner too doesnt get a better experience at the Yamaha service(not even taking my R3 experience into consideration). The R1 owner has to wait in queue until the service advisor has finished checking all the Ray’s, Alpha’s etc which came before the R1 and it doesnt matter of you had spend 25 big ones or 50 grand. Honda Big wing is a different story though. Have heard the best experience from Honda big bike owner’s (rarely goes wrong) as they will be attended separately and doesnt need to queue up behind all those Activa G’s.
I did'nt mean that they should give preferential treatment to ones with bigger bikes over smaller ones, my point was everyone should get a much better treatment and bike service centers are in my experience are no where near the standards set by car service centers.

Your R3 costs about the same as an Alto, (for bike its still relatively a lot of money), yet Alto being a lower end automobile, the service experience you will get at a Maruti service will still be miles ahead of any bike service center.

I just meant they all need to up their game by several notches, it is good if Honda Big Wing provides good service, but the entire market including the very basic bikes should all get great service experience in my opinion.

Last edited by Rocketscience : 28th March 2020 at 14:20.
Rocketscience is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2020, 14:24   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Honda Big wing is a different story though. Have heard the best experience from Honda big bike owner’s (rarely goes wrong) as they will be attended separately and doesnt need to queue up behind all those Activa G’s.
Honda has been consistent in this at least. Even my experience with the CBR250 was that job cards are written separate, not by the same SA looking into the other bikes, and pan India they had set up special Service bays for the CBR's both 150 and 250 them being the only specialized bikes at the time.

Quote:
Keeping on topic, I was discussing getting a Street Triple RS with @krishnaprasadgg a couple of days back and then pops up this thread. He has posted his experience in the first page and had told me the same before as well, but still I was in the belief that things could get better. This thread is a real eye opener for any future owners....Good luck Triumph India, I really hope you learn a thing or two soon.
While triumph bikes are in itself pretty reliable I guess. Personally I feel the 10,000kms service interval is a joke, especially with the ADV segment bikes which when used properly are expected to much more harsh conditions.
Now that leaves one of two options for periodic maintenance either you do it as DIY as BigRon suggested or by a well-trained mechanic at an independent garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
That is really sad state of affairs from a brand which is so premium and its bikes cost more than many entry level cars.

Do they treat bike owners as second class citizens because bikes usually start from a relatively inexpensive price point in India? This is no excuse for third rate service experience.
P.S My judgement is based on a couple of services at Yamaha service centers and occasionally at Honda (My sister used to own an Activa).
It's not so much as being seen as second class citizens.
I strongly feel that it is just an utter lack of commitment or passion for the craft of working on a machine. For some reason it is seen as a degrading or frowned upon job. Most of the techs are there not because of the love for machines and how they work, so you can't really blame them when they do not do their work properly. Most of them are not trained properly at all. Just watching some of these "trained techs" remove or torque down a nut/bolt makes me cringe so hard.
And at the same time, you see mechs/techs who do not respect the machines they work on, be it superbikes or your normal scooter. If you ever have stayed at a service center while getting your bike worked on and observe how the other mechs do their job when left unsupervised or in the absence of the vehicle owners you'd never want to leave your bike there and go ever again.
It is ultimately these same mechs who after years of working(i specifically did not use the term experience here) somewhere get into places like triumph svc and don't be surprised if their attitude doesn't change.

To end this rant I'd say find a mechanic who loves his job and has respect for the property of others that he is fixing will always have customers turning into long term customers or just learn to get your hands dirty and do the job yourself. That is pretty much the only option for us.

Cheers
Krishna

Last edited by krishnaprasadgg : 28th March 2020 at 14:33. Reason: Quote one more post.
krishnaprasadgg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2020, 14:45   #30
BHPian

@quickdraw and everyone troubled by Triumph India customer service,

I'm not sure how customer-centric and brand conscious the mother company in the UK is.

If your bet is that they hold these 2 values important, then it may be worth your while writing to them separately (and not copying them on your emails to the Indian operations).

I could find 2 email IDs online :

after.sales@triumph.co.uk which is located here https://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk...mph/contact-us

and

nick.bloor@triumph.co.uk who is the owner's son and the current CEO, from https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-81004

If you prefer to try Triumph India, it appears this person is the top guy currently :

https://www.linkedin.com/in/shoeb-fa...alSubdomain=in

https://twitter.com/shoebfarooq?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/shoeb.farooq.3

All the best. Hope your issues are resolved soon.

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift
FourWheelDrift is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks