Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2020, 15:34   #31
BHPian

re: My Pre-Owned Kawasaki Ninja 650 | EDIT: Sold and bought back

Hello there,

It was great reading your post. The N650/ER-6n are entry level superbikes that make the whole experience accessible to a wide range of people! I myself own an ER-6n and was glad to hear that you love your bike as well.

I haven't gotten around to swapping my tires yet but I did get done with the brake pads. If you haven't already swapped to EBC, I recommend you go for Brembo pads. Personally I haven't used EBC but the Brembo pads made a huge difference, and that was even before I thought of braided steel brake lines. Get them and you won't need anything else, especially considering the strong engine braking on these bikes (simply letting off the throttle causes so much deceleration!) I've even written a thread for the same on team-BHP.

Kudos for the mods, from where did you buy the frame sliders and how much did they cost you?
ads295 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 14:55   #32
BHPian

Hello everyone,
I purchased a z650 just before the lockdown. Got a good deal on bs4 version. I am from Pune. I am not too happy with the sound of the bike. I prefer a louder sound and looking at changing the exhaust.
Please recommend me a good exhaust system for my bike and wksp to get it done.
How is Akroporvic compared to SC and Arrow.
Showroom in Pune suggested i go with SC or Arrow.
Old 11th June 2020, 15:16   #33
BHPian

To be fair I haven't really heard a good exhaust for the Z650/ninja 650 bikes. The aftermarket exhausts I have heard just make the sound louder but your mileage will vary. May I ask how much you paid for your Z650?
Old 11th June 2020, 15:18   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
Hello everyone,
I purchased a z650 just before the lockdown. Got a good deal on bs4 version. I am from Pune. I am not too happy with the sound of the bike. I prefer a louder sound and looking at changing the exhaust.
All three are very reputed names in the segment and are very good options to be honest. A friend of mine who owns a Z650 is planning on picking up the Mivv exhaust, I didnt know too much about the brand but it sounds so much better than the stock exhaust. Price details from Speedmonks is
- Ss finish INR Rs.35,000/-
- Black finish INR Rs.37,000/-
- Carbon finish INR Rs.39,000/- and it comes with removable db killer

Listen to the different options and pick which one sounds best to you.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 16:43   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf1983 View Post
To be fair I haven't really heard a good exhaust for the Z650/ninja 650 bikes. The aftermarket exhausts I have heard just make the sound louder but your mileage will vary. May I ask how much you paid for your Z650?
It costed me 4.30 on road it was a demo bike but went for it as i got company two yrs warranty and i became the first owner
architkarpe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 17:03   #36
BHPian

Quote:
It costed me 4.30 on road it was a demo bike but went for it as i got company two yrs warranty and i became the first owner
That's a good price. When I was buying my Z650 the demo bike was also for sale but at 5 lakhs which I felt was too high. 4.30 is a good price considering you are the first owner.

I ordered for a mivv exhaust but that's only to solve the ground clearance issues that I face. I actually started liking the stock exhaust sound after a while. Earlier I hated it
Old 11th June 2020, 17:15   #37
BHPian

Hey Hamza,

I seem to have been living under a rock which made me miss out on seeing your thread until today.

Congratulations again on getting a rock-solid machine with decades of proven reliability behind it. Keep piling those miles on that odo. She has her limitations but shes super good at what she can do.

Take care of her and she'll take care of you without a fuss.
narula123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 19:36   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ads295 View Post
Hello there,

It was great reading your post. The N650/ER-6n are entry level superbikes that make the whole experience accessible to a wide range of people! I myself own an ER-6n and was glad to hear that you love your bike as well.

I haven't gotten around to swapping my tires yet but I did get done with the brake pads. If you haven't already swapped to EBC, I recommend you go for Brembo pads. Personally I haven't used EBC but the Brembo pads made a huge difference, and that was even before I thought of braided steel brake lines. Get them and you won't need anything else, especially considering the strong engine braking on these bikes (simply letting off the throttle causes so much deceleration!) I've even written a thread for the same on team-BHP.

Kudos for the mods, from where did you buy the frame sliders and how much did they cost you?
Thank you for the kind words and comments
The brake setup is next on my list. Although the lockdown has been a miserable time for most financially hence i have put everything on the backburn till things pick up and get back to normal. I even wanted an aftermarket screen and the ricor that Varun swears by. But things will have to wait.
The frame sliders were bought from a contact on facebook. The person bought the sliders but never bought the bike so got them for 8k or something if i remember correctly.

Quote:
Hello everyone,
Hi Archit.
i totally apoligise for missing your pm As i mentioned earlier i was getting a steal deal for an Akropovic. But then am not just convinced with the amount of trouble that you have to go through as compared to the result in sound. Of course i may get convinced if I hear one in person
It will always be a parellel twin no matter what silencer you put on it. And trust me while touring you will like the muted exhaust note. I get stuck behind some of the guys in my group who have after markets and within a few minutes I get a headache! Also you will need to fit a pc5 and auto tune which is another added expense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
All three are very reputed names in the segment and are very good options to be honest. A friend of mine who owns a Z650 is planning on picking up the Mivv exhaust, I didnt know too much about the brand but it sounds so much better than the stock exhaust. Price details from Speedmonks is
- Ss finish INR Rs.35,000/-
- Black finish INR Rs.37,000/-
- Carbon finish INR Rs.39,000/- and it comes with removable db killer

Listen to the different options and pick which one sounds best to you.
Have heard Mivv is really really loud but not in a pleasent way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
Hey Hamza,

I seem to have been living under a rock which made me miss out on seeing your thread until today.

Congratulations again on getting a rock-solid machine with decades of proven reliability behind it. Keep piling those miles on that odo. She has her limitations but shes super good at what she can do.

Take care of her and she'll take care of you without a fuss.
Thanks Varun and honestly you and your post have been my inspiration behind getting the bike. Like you i think for me too she is always going to be a keeper no matter what. Also with no fancy electronics she makes you earn every smile you get I really want to get the Ricor upgrade done so if you or someone in your circle is letting them go cheap let me know.
Hamza123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 23:57   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamza123 View Post
I really want to get the Ricor upgrade done so if you or someone in your circle is letting them go cheap let me know.
Unfortunately, the only place you’ll find the intiminators are either the Ricor website or on ebay. The only other option is someone who has them parting ways with it while selling their bike but as on date I am not aware of anyone who’s doing that. Keep your eyes open for these and beg/plead/cajole anyone who’s traveling from Murica to handcarry a set for you. They do work and are worth every single penny.
I am honestly very surprised that Ricor doesn’t promote these enough and there isnt an Indian vendor tied up with them.
Old 15th June 2020, 18:53   #40
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Archit.
i totally apoligise for missing your pm As i mentioned earlier i was getting a steal deal for an Akropovic. But then am not just convinced with the amount of trouble that you have to go through as compared to the result in sound. Of course i may get convinced if I hear one in person.
Can you please share the details of the contact providing you an Akroporvic deal. If you don’t mind can you mention the price.
Old 15th June 2020, 19:32   #41
BHPian

Sorry but that exhaust is sold
It was being offered at 60k. I think the original price is 75k. Also it was specific for the 2012 2016 Ninja 650 and I don’t think it would have fit a z650 anyways
Hamza123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 15:50   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry but that exhaust is sold
It was being offered at 60k. I think the original price is 75k. Also it was specific for the 2012 2016 Ninja 650 and I don’t think it would have fit a z650 anyways
I require a full system cannot use a slip on exhaust for the bike do let me know a place to source one in Pune
Old 16th June 2020, 18:02   #43
BHPian

Quote:
I require a full system cannot use a slip on exhaust for the bike do let me know a place to source one in Pune
You will have to try the online route. What's your budget. You have exhaust options starting from 35k for mivv and goes up to 1 lakh+ for an akrapovic.

Try Motousher, speed monks etc.
Old 16th June 2020, 18:09   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Your best bet would be the showroom. They have sourced the exhaust for a couple of riders in the group and am sure they can for you as well.
And while you at the showroom ask Prasad to add you to the whatsapp group. He is the admin and would love to ride with you soon!
Hamza123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 10:04   #45
BHPian

Lovely review again, Sir! You've two great machines in your garage, a source of envy for most of us!

Although, I feel lack of ABS on a 600cc+ bike is :(
ManasN95 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks