Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2021, 14:09   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMW F 900 R and F 900 XR. Edit: Launched at 9.9L and 10.5L respectively

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
...would love to hear your thoughts on the test ride before an ownership thread (hopefully) in due course.
Thanks buddy. Test ride was nothing special for me since I already used the BMW 310R for 2 years. F900R is nothing but a 310R gone to the Gym during the corona lock down and added lot of muscles and power. I think no other way to put it from my viewpoint. Design elements are very similar. Technology added are in tons. Display is a pleasure to look at. Turning radius is heavily limited. Tank capacity of 13 ltrs is miniscule. India versions do not offer Dynamic and Dynamic Pro that are available in the global market. I think even the key less start is not in offer here as per the dealer. Seat cushion is hard to people with soft bottom. I may develop a hard bottom soon. I would have liked a bit more raised handle bar (I am 5'8) Hope that summarizes my views as a very sincere first hand feel of the bike

Ownership thread, no promises, but will give a try if I can find sometime as lot of catching up is happening to get rid of the haunted 2020 effects
shajufx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 15:43   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Thanks buddy. Test ride was nothing special for me since I already used the BMW 310R for 2 years. F900R is nothing but a 310R gone to the Gym during the corona lock down and added lot of muscles and power
Normally in this category you could look at the Triumph Street Triple RS or the Kawasaki Z900 as well.

Did you consider any one of the above or any other bike before booking/settling for this one or nothing else because your heart was set on remaining in the BMW fold.

Cheers
Old 5th February 2021, 16:05   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Normally in this category you could look at the Triumph Street Triple RS or the Kawasaki Z900 as well....
I am 49 and love to have an engine that gives me a gradual power delivery and comfort feel with the technology involved. Hope that explains the reason in selection. Others in the segment is meant for aggressive riders, which can also give scary pick up and blood rush through our veins in the process. F900R can behave the same way but only on full throttle. BMW may be the most expensive, crossing 14 on-road Bangalore without any accessories or extended warranty. Staying with the brand is secondary, this is my 3rd from them (X1, 310R)
shajufx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 14:11   #49
Senior - BHPian

700 kms of pure joy !!

As posted earlier, I took the delivery on Feb 12th, completed 700 kms as of today and waiting for the 1st service in 2 weeks (or 1000 kms) I like to share few thoughts as an end customer, without any bias towards the brand or variant.

Positives :

1. Its a pure fun machine, rev happy, matured power delivery and lots at that.
2. An eye catcher at every signal, crowd, bumper to bumper and even on highway. People stop to ask the price and mileage without fail. Less than 20 in Bangalore (15 XR and 5 R), its very tough to spot one (I have not seen another one yet)
3. Exclusive design language and V-twin boxer engine like deep thump and rumble. It is a mature scream at higher RPMs, easily addictive by all means.
4. Picks up speed in fraction of a second, it can keep up with the 1000RR and the likes considering the speed limits on Indian roads at most places !
5. I have taken it to its running in 6500 RPM limitations (as per manual)
6. Open road, signal to signal, it has touched high speeds.
7. Engine heat is well managed : air intakes, fans etc. keep things in check
8. Exclusive variant, brand value, snob value or whatever you name it, its unique !

Negatives :

1. Over 14 lakh on road Bangalore, its an overkill with the stripped down features from the global market (US, Europe or any other country)
2. Simple DRL strip given even on the 310R and GS are stripped out of this.
3. Electronic suspension, Dynamic and Dynamic pro modes come at a heavy price
4. Every accessory is 50k north, once you start adding things, there is no tomorrow, so I am not thinking of anything.
5. Seat is pretty hard, some like it, some hate it. Riders say its good for long rides. But it takes time getting used to. Most of the India group riders I know have either gone for adding cushion on the stock or complete replacement of the seat. Softer seat from the brand costs an arm too !

I hope negatives remain limited in the future, some of them can be lived with, some are part of usual "Indian market = anything goes" attitude ! Anyone considering the F900, I highly recommend it, its a different experience, ride it and feel it before making a decision
Attached Thumbnails
BMW F 900 R and F 900 XR. Edit: Launched at 9.9L and 10.5L respectively-img_0293.jpg  

BMW F 900 R and F 900 XR. Edit: Launched at 9.9L and 10.5L respectively-img_0297.jpg  

BMW F 900 R and F 900 XR. Edit: Launched at 9.9L and 10.5L respectively-img_0310.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd March 2021 at 22:39. Reason: Mention of over speeding
shajufx is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 14:27   #50
BHPian

Congratulations on your new bicycle. Hope your enjoy a lot of miles with a smile on your face.

The photos seem to be taken inside the GKVK campus, is that the location?
Thebat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 13:00   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebat View Post
Congratulations .... photos seem to be taken inside the GKVK campus, is that the location?
Thanks. GKVK and Nandi hills Hair pin. Waiting for group rides to get more pictures including the rider
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 11:46   #52
Senior - BHPian

BMW F 900 XR review by Sagar Sheldekar

Old 14th December 2021, 19:59   #53
Senior - BHPian

Time to say GoodBye to a beautiful Machine !!

Not a happy post, but I must say I enjoyed every bit on this beautiful machine right from the test ride day till date, hitting 6000 kms on the ODO in 10 months as of December 2021. I have been part of multiple group rides organized by the dealer and friendly groups within Bangalore. I bought this bike with an intention to keep it for 5 years or more, because I never felt I needed anything more powerful than a 105 BHP.

Now, Canada is calling, we may be moving as soon as the board exams get over for the elder kid. So, practically another 3 months. Need to find a loving and caring owner for this machine. Its not a classified post here but a note on how I will miss this beauty in 2022. But if anyone is looking to upgrade, feel free to PM me, it will be ready after January 2022.

One of the best designs coming from the BMW stable, without any doubt There are only 5 in Bangalore, although there are more than 20 XRs of this model. I have never seen another F900R on road here in 10 months of ownership. You get enough attention at any traffic signal, or any street when you are slow moving.
BMW F 900 R and F 900 XR. Edit: Launched at 9.9L and 10.5L respectively-img_0567.jpg

BMW F 900 R and F 900 XR. Edit: Launched at 9.9L and 10.5L respectively-img_0572.jpg
shajufx is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks