Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2020, 18:41   #16
Team-BHP Support

re: Pragmatism in the world of bling: The story of my Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
I was not only fortunate enough to be able to own one, but to experience it so extensively and travel the country has been nothing short of a miracle for me.
Very few ride a big bike the way it is meant to be ridden.

This is what separates owners from riders. No disrespect to owners too, but, that bike is meant to be ridden.

40K on a big bike is something which is a bit rare in India and having a Honda has its advantages. Says a lot about the ride and the rider . Biker Mod Crazy_Driver has quipped somewhere that Honda is like pre-paid and it is just so so true.

You just have to sort out the consumables and you are set.

Thanks for sharing your ownership review & experience :-).
Sheel is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 31st May 2020, 20:05   #17
BHPian

re: Pragmatism in the world of bling: The story of my Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Now sold

I believe this ownership thread is a unique rich valuable & relevant resource because :
- sheer amount of mileage clocked by an experienced single owner in varied conditions
- the meticulously maintained records
- the valuable pillion perspective
- the objectivity & lack of owner bias
Thank you for putting the time & efforts to come up with this.
It is a great resource for anyone not only wanting to know about the 650F but on big bikes in general.
Wishing many more safe & happy miles!
shaikhmimran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2020, 21:03   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Crazy_Driver has quipped somewhere that Honda is like pre-paid
Oops! I usually make that statement because of the premium price tag for Honda bikes in India - the current Africa Twin or even the CBR 650R, for example. You pay a high premium, and avail cheaper service.

Not applicable to Suhas. IIRC - he picked up the bike with a significant discount in 2017. Having the cake and eating it too. I've had the chance of chasing Suhas on a couple of rides and its just a pleasure to watch him attack the corners! Not to mention - I make it a point to tell him not to start the bike (and that Akra!) anywhere near to me. Ouch! The heartache - hearing my big Splendor fire up next to that!

Not a significant difference in service costs though - The service costs for the 650F as per the charts is 3.15 INR / km currently and the same for me on the Versys 650 adds up to 3.33 INR/km (I'm only at the 25k kms mark though. )

One pic from the last time we did a ride together. Its been a year! Damn.

Pragmatism in the world of bling: The story of my Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Now sold-20190526_090814_hdr_1600.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 31st May 2020 at 21:16.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 06:44   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Very few ride a big bike the way it is meant to be ridden.
Thank you, Sheel! I have been lucky to have the time and resources to make full use of this lovely machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaikhmimran View Post
I believe this ownership thread is a unique rich valuable & relevant resource
Thank you Immy! It'll be great to read your perspectives and experiences with the CBR650F too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Ouch! The heartache - hearing my big Splendor fire up next to that!

Quote:

Not a significant difference in service costs though - The service costs for the 650F as per the charts is 3.15 INR / km currently and the same for me on the Versys 650 adds up to 3.33 INR/km (I'm only at the 25k kms mark though. )
Technically, the service cost for my bike should be even lesser if I were to follow the 12k/1 year oil service replacement schedule as per Honda. Over more miles, this would widen the difference. Not a big deal, just saying!

Quote:
One pic from the last time we did a ride together. Its been a year! Damn.
The Mallaghatta lake ride along with Sathya was after this one, no?
Added_flavor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 11:02   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

This is such a well written and informative thread! It will be very useful to prospective buyers who are looking to upgrade to these middleweight motorcycles in India. The price of that Akrapovic exhaust made my eyes pop, but having heard the exhaust on the CBR650F, I will say it is worth every rupee! There are few motorcycles that sound as good as that - subdued and below the radar of everyone at low revs and a magical symphony as the speeds pick up.

Im just sharing a few pictures that I have with me.

Pragmatism in the world of bling: The story of my Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Now sold-img_4130.jpg
The CBR650F waiting to be delivered from the showroom, my bike is trying to blend into the background.

Pragmatism in the world of bling: The story of my Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Now sold-img_4132.jpg
Lineup of our bikes after the CBR got delivered.

Pragmatism in the world of bling: The story of my Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Now sold-img_4176.jpg
The run in started the very next day after delivery! Fantastic 550 odd km ride.

More details of that run in ride are here for the benefit of our forum members. Incidentally, I was there on the run in ride for Added_flavor's previous bike, the CBR 250, as well. Given our past, I hope he calls me for the run in ride of what I predict to be his next bike, the VStrom 650

I'm signing off with a few pictures from our last ride to Coonoor.

Pragmatism in the world of bling: The story of my Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Now sold-whatsapp-image-20200113-06.09.02.jpeg

Pragmatism in the world of bling: The story of my Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Now sold-whatsapp-image-20200112-21.05.20.jpeg
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 11:31   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Given our past, I hope he calls me for the run in ride of what I predict to be his next bike, the VStrom 650
Nah. I think this guy is a proper Honda career man. I see him doing the Africa Twin.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 12:11   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent thread Suhas, and this should be a good encyclopedia for owners to understand how the long term ownership with the 650 should be like. Whenever we have ridden together, I have loved that exhaust note of the Akra. Its silent most of the time but when you flick the throttle, its growl is quite amazing. And needless to say you have taken it all across the country, so the experience definitely counts.

Lets see when we can head back to our Paya soup ride
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 12:33   #23
BHPian

Congratulations on the bike. The best choice per me in the ~650 cc range.

Quote:

Attachment 2011893
Work done at a BHPian friend's outlet. Top-notch workmanship

Talk about coincidence, that is my Honda city getting a change of rubber and rims in the background. Was ogling at your bike and a RR throughout the time. Missed out on having a chat then but saw your bike here now and could instantly recognize it.
Great to know that you have been enjoying it to the fullest. Ride safe!
InControl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 13:48   #24
BHPian

Very informative review Suhas. This will be very helpful for anyone looking to buy a big bike and ride it properly like you've done.

Honda service costs are legendary low! No other manufacturer can match these costs.

What's your next upgrade? Africa Twin?
anshumandun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 13:58   #25
BHPian

Very nice and congratulations. The 650 is a very sweet spot for superbikes especially in India and kudos for sticking to a 4 instead of a twin.

Have you done any track days? and I really recommend that you do get some track days.

I also suggest you go in for more trustworthy gear.
You don't mention if you've had any falls and it sure doesn't look like and I commend your riding, but the gear you have listed is more for city runs and smaller output bikes.

Lastly, and this is the most important - have you been reading TOTW? .
I really recommend that you do. I keep reading over and over and still pick up something new as I evolve as a rider.

Ride safe!
Old 1st June 2020, 14:34   #26
BHPian

Excellent review!

1. As said earlier, very few people put their bike to use and maintain it like you've done.

2. Do chain sprockets last THAT long on a 650? I need to change my bike's at 15k and I have a 400 Also, excellent life of tyres shows your riding style and care for bike.

3. Excellent maintenance records and service costs speak volumes for Honda quality and reliability.

4. Lastly, I wish that you could keep this for as long as you want. But, any plans of selling it anytime soon ?

Thanks for sharing.
amods is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 14:37   #27
BHPian

Thank you for a detailed and well written thread. You commented briefly in passing that riding the bike in city traffic was a passable experience. Mentioning that it was not as hot as the KTM 390. However, given the weight and height of the bike (I'm fairly short at just over 5'5"), would appreciate a little more color on how the bike is to ride and handle in Bumper 2 Bumper Bangalore Traffic.
Warlock is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 15:22   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
This is such a well written and informative thread!
Neil, thank you for the kind words and for those lovely pictures and memories! Your thread is truly a treasure trove to relive all those wonderful rides!

Now, it's your turn to have me on the next run in ride! 10R for the Striple or Interceptor for the GT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Nah. I think this guy is a proper Honda career man. I see him doing the Africa Twin.
Decision after the ride on your 390Adv Sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

Lets see when we can head back to our Paya soup ride
Thank you Sankalp saar! Can't wait to do that ride again. *Fingers crossed*

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post

Talk about coincidence, that is my Honda city getting a change of rubber and rims in the background. Was ogling at your bike and a RR throughout the time. Missed out on having a chat then but saw your bike here now and could instantly recognize it.
Wow, a coincidence indeed! I would've surely spoken to you if I'd spotted a Tbhp sticker, Sir! Next time hopefully!

Last edited by Added_flavor : 1st June 2020 at 15:23.
Added_flavor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 20:13   #29
Senior - BHPian

Excellent thread Suhas ! You are one of the motivators to use the bike how its supposed to be used :-) Hope you clock many more miles on it.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 23:40   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Money can’t buy you happiness, but it can buy you motorbikes![/center]
Beautifully Written thread brother!! Of all the CBR owners that I have had the opportunity to interact with or read their experiences, everybody comes out positive with the overall ownership experience. If one thing Honda India has done good about it, is they have made sure the ownership remains pleasant.

Really happy to see the number of happy miles you have had on her. Wishing you many more!!

CHEERS!!

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks